17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

LOL Brook there are oceans of posts from me ranting about those lying turds,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,its all good no need to apologize enjoy the day Brook

Brook! likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I was a happily married guy living in Turkey up until 2004. At the age of 26 my company moved me to USA office. Eventually I became a US citizen. But my first encounter with football was back in February 2005. Eagles vs Pats Superbowl. I saw the game while flipping channels. Watched a little and said meh. Fuck this.

Fast forward to 2006. My coworker a crazy Italian from Brooklyn. I became best friends with him. He was, and still is, a Jets season ticket holder. He actually invited me to his home a few times. I was living in Brooklyn at the time. I started watching football a little bit with him. He taught me the rules etc. Then I started to like the sport. I watched football on TV entire 2006. And in February 2007 things changed for me. I watched Colts defeat Pats in AFC Champ game. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Then I said OK it is time to call it. I am a Jets fan. I enjoy watching the Jets more. Then I started reading about Jets history. Fell in love with Broadway Joe and his history. Giants being blue didn't appeal to me at all. And Giants having more fans in New York didn't appeal to me. So I firmly became a Jets fan in 2007. My luck Giants won Superbowl in 2008 and 2012. But happy to be a Jets fan. Wouldn't change it for nothing.

So this is my boring story. And my previous handle was Brooklyn in honor of my twin boys being born in Brooklyn. Then I asked Petro to change it to Brook! as everybody called me Brook on the site.

Oh also I am a Muslim and a big Galatasaray fan. Galatasaray is a soccer team from Turkey.

LogeSection2RowJ and CBG like this.
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

OK, well no need to explain why it's only one seat - we're all here by ourselves writing about the Jets - on July 4th no less :p I was surprised thinking they gave you the parking, which I see they did not. Getting the parking is more of a challenge than getting into the stadium. I thought maybe it was possible since you may have done the Jets a favor by buying a single seat that may otherwise have been difficult for them to sell.

sec314 and CBG like this.
  4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

yeah, i have seen several games where you can get amazing seats for under $10 but cant find any parking pass for less than $50

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if they were to start winning consistently they will build it back up. probably never to what it was pre mutlife but the patsies didnt sell out like they do now 30 years ago. but those of us who WERE die hard jets fans and season ticket holders are yes definitely gone. i wont ever buy seasons again. never ever. no matter what they end up doing. the level of disrespect and bullshit they pulled the last 10 years or so is so far beyond anything i could forgive.

fuck them.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mr Cat-----I will join you in saying I will NEVER be a season ticket holder again. Kind of like breaking up with a girl = once I was gone I was G-O-N-E GONE GONE GONE

alleycat9 likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Been almost 2 weeks so ---------> F U Woody !

sec314 likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

9. LogeSection2RowJ

CLICK BAIT! :p I went for it of course.

If you're selling preseason games, why even bother at that price? After StubHub takes their piece, what's left? Another thought I had is, I'd imagine the Coaches Club suite has to be stocked fully with food as it would be during the regular season. Is the visitor side also considered "Coaches Club"? If they also offer the same food options the price right now is worth it just for the gluttony factor.

10. seanofthedead

seanofthedead Well-Known Member

ST holder here that doesn't really go to pre-season games, but I figured I'd hit up the game Saturday to do some stadium "scouting" (i.e. What beers will be available outside of our section this season)…..
    Normally for home games, my buddies and I will hop a bus at the Pt. Authority around 11 AM and just cruise on over to the stadium and have a few beers in the lot before heading in.
    Since it's just me heading to the Saints game I figured I'd ride the train over from NY Penn.

Simple enough right?

While looking over the NJ transit website they have "warnings" of upcoming late night and weekend construction on the tunnels to and from Penn station and that there will only be "limited" service during these times.

When I use the trip planner mode for the September 8 home opener with my start off point as NY Penn Station the NJ Transit website directs me to take the train up to the Port Authority and take the bus over!

I know that when the MTA does construction on the 7 line, they will stop construction during the Mets games so folks can take the subway.

Using the NJT website, it looks like they may not be planning on running trains to / from NYP on the weekends.....

I'm hoping that it's just that they haven't updated the websites for Football season but if not this could end up being a sh*t show for the home opener AND the Monday night game vs. the Browns week 2 if there is no train service from NYP.

Has anyone else run into this or heard anything about it?

11. GordonGecko

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  12. Brook!

Team is good this year. That’s why I did season tix. Imagine how it will be for Cowboys, Giants, Steelers games

13. GordonGecko

not for preseason, all other tickets are $6 like every other year, but seems like coaches club and metlife club are being artificially cost controlled

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  14. Brook!

I just checked. Every section is cheap except coaches club and metlife. You have a point. If price for coaches drop below $80 I might grab one and make my first visit.

15. LogeSection2RowJ

All I can say to you is, when it comes to NJT, expect the shitshow.

When you look at the history of the "Meadowlands Sports Complex" it's a damn shame what they had, and what could have been had it been planned correctly and more importantly revised correctly. We only have to look a little bit south to Philadelphia to see how they've reshaped their stadium locations and added an entertainment venue (XFinity) and also Foxboro with the added elements to the Pats stadium to see how pathetic the Meadowlands have been handled over 40 years. Sure sure, it's about tax money as it always is, but there really needed to be an updated indoor arena to replace (or refurbish) the arena, and roadway reconfigurations and relocations to make better, larger, and COMMON parking areas for all the buildings, (All those awkward clumsy damn walkways crossing the roads!) a better mass transit link for Manhattan and all other NJ railway points, and a plan to demand that MetLife Stadium be built aesthetically and located in a spot that makes SENSE. Don't even get me started on "Xanadu" American Dream, or whatever it is. (It's nearing completion by the way. Only took 17 years) or the old race track grandstand still sitting there.

Damn it. What could have been. Instead, it's a mess, and will always be a mess for our lifetimes.

16. GordonGecko

So Johnson & Johnson are apparently big time drug dealers, Oklahoma is making them pay 572,000,000 for opiod addicts. Once the other 49 states hit them maybe Woody will have to sell...

oh yeah, fuck Woody

alleycat9, CBG and Brook! like this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Gecko I saw that,,,and yes F Woody

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

19. LogeSection2RowJ

In this case, unfortunately, the fate of Johnson & Johnson has no bearing on Woody and Chris. I don't know if they've ever been involved with that company. Their wealth was inherited through the Pharmaceutical Johnsons, but they are not in the business. I forget the details, but it was probably Woody's dad who was. However, they might very well be major stockholders.

So, you can go back to using Band-Aids.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

and been taken... The preseason isn't worth the parking and concession expense. BUT, it is good for taking the young kids who really won't know the difference. Why spend $125 on a kid younger than 7? They won't remember being there, or at least any game details so it may as well be a $5 preseason game.

CBG likes this.