Jalen ramsey

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets21027, Aug 12, 2019.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t take Ramsey period Bc well also have to pay him.

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

This belongs in the Lose for a Lineman or Tank for a Tackle
    thread ! :D

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You make some valid points.

However if Jax really did dangle Ramsey for just a third round pick no way Douglas wouldn’t jump. But it doesn’t matter in reality it would take a team at least two high picks for Ramsey probably a first and a third.

I definitely agree next draft needs to be OL once and for all. Long overdue.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Which of his 37 posts in the last 48 hours do you respectfully disagree with?

5. TonyFtLaud

They are also overloaded with injuries to their starters. LeBlanc isnt expected back until mid to late November. Darby is limited ,returning from his ACL suffered in November, and Mills ( Lisfranc fracture) in Oct is on the PUP and hasn't been able to participate in any football related activities yet.
    They just signed scandrick to replace LeBlanc, and Johnathan Cyprien so they can play their safety Maddox at Corner.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree it could be an interesting thread to compare the two teams.

I wasn't saying that Tanny failed because he paid Revis, but rather that he overestimated the talent on the team and decided to go all in 2009 and 2010. To boot, he had a 3-player draft in 2009 and a 4-player draft in 2010, after having a 4-player draft in 2007. That certainly didn't help matters, especially when all of the players from those two drafts either weren't with the team that long or weren't very good (Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson, Vlad Ducasse, John Conner, Joe McKnight, and Matt Slauson). Ultimately, I believe that Tanny failed because he wasn't a scouting and personnel guy, and as a result, he traded up too often, didn't trade down, and missed on too many draft picks. He wound up leaving the cupboard bare. Idzik left it even more bare, and Mac hurt almost as much as he helped the roster.

I disagree that a 1 for Ramsey would cripple us. We need that #1 for either our new LT or WR, or perhaps to trade down, and be able to address multiple positions in the 1st 3 rounds. He would obviously be better than any of our other CBs, but he could also disrupt team chemistry and be a constant distraction. I would be surprised if G. Williams, Gase or Douglas would want to deal with his attitude.

We have been building slowly (at a glacial pace thanks to Mac's incompetence). With Douglas handling the draft, I expect that to change dramatically. Besides, I don't think we'll be propping up Sam. IMO we can't afford another rebuild from the ground up. We need to get this one right. As the old saying goes, "Haste makes waste." We didn't hire Douglas to make wild gambles, either. Thankfully, I don't think that's his style of operation.

I can understand why you would want a player of Ramsey's caliber. I think he would be fool's gold, however. Just like with Revis and no elite pass rusher, the D still isn't going to get the job done.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I normally don't advocate the ignore function, but I tried it out and these threads are hundreds of times better without that useless garbage.

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There is absolutely no evidence that Ramsey is a locker room problem. You are projecting your own dislikes of him on to the team.
    We didn’t beat the colts, not because of pass rush but because we didn’t have another cb across from revis. This team with Ramsey becomes a legit contender if Sam takes the step he should and if he does, with this secondary, we may have wasted a year. (Assuming the Ramsey deal was actually possible)

This “rebuild from the ground up” is not a real thing in this nfl. There is no rebuild, there’s find a qb or have a qb
    When you have a qb you maximize every year you can, anyway you can.

Mr mittens, Biggs, NYJFOREVER and 3 others like this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

:confused:

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, we'll just have to agree to disagree, because I will never agree with you on any of this.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We are about a year away from the Jags even considering trading away Ramsey. Ramsey is certainly a diva but there is absolutely no evidence of him being a locker room problem.

Patrick Peterson is likely a more realistic target around the trade deadline which will depend on how our season has been going up to that point.

Personally I’d rather Gregg Williams be able to scheme around the CB weakness and having a strong front 7 with strong play from the safeties should help with that.

Would like to see Douglas with a full arsenal of draft picks next year.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

We have Arthur Maulet, we don't need Ramsey.

stinkyB, TonyFtLaud and Jets81 like this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I really liked Maulet coming out of college and I think he’ll make the most of the opportunity.

FJF and TonyFtLaud like this.
  14. TonyFtLaud

They don't call Memphis Corner Back U for nothing.....:D

PabloJa, jonnyd, FJF and 2 others like this.
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets need a lot of players and may be wise to trade their #1 pick next year for multiple later round picks. I wouldn't do it.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Peterson is suspended for the first 6 games of the season. That means we could potentially get a favorable deal that gives us a strong player for a run in 2020. I’d make that move if the right deal was available.

17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Where's Revis?

18. TonyFtLaud

He's still holding out for a bigger contract....:eek:

FJF likes this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

playing the drums with sticks made from $100 bills....

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Sarcasm aside, he actually does have an underdog story so I'll be rooting for him tonight.