Bills trying to get Jadeveon Clowney?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Aug 14, 2019.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Don't know how reliable the source is.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Mario Williams Part II

Acad23 and forevercursed like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I hope not. Clowney is a beast

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

One of the more overrated pass rushers in the league. What's Buffalo gonna give up?

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...texans-on-jadeveon-clowney-per-reports-rumors

Over the past few days, a combination of trolls impersonating real reporters, smaller upstart Twitter accounts, and the public’s curiosity have been stoking the fires of a potential Jadeveon Clowney trade. That noise made its way to Buffalo’s corner of the world on Tuesday, when someone, writing under the handle of former Billsreceiver Stevie Johnson’s podcast, Why So Serious, tweeted that the Bills were “closing in on Jadeveon Clowney.

That news was shot down within short order by numerous NFL reporters. Tim Graham of The Athletic reported that a team source told him “Nothing there.” NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo echoed Graham. For John Wawrow of The Associated Press,it was an “LOL”.

Reporter and radio host Benjamin Allbright was in agreement with the others. He did mention that, per his sources, the Bills were one of a half dozen teams to make an inquiry with the Texans about Clowney, but stressed that nothing was imminent.

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

He'll end up like Mario Williams in Buffalo. Depressed, unmotivated. Borderline suicidal. Buffalo is where careers go to die. Where the relevant become irrelevant (McCoy, Owens, Kelvin Benjamin etc)

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. forevercursed

He's a good pass rusher who should be great. But he's yet to be that in his NFL career. Hasn't even cracked double digits in sacks. Constantly banged up

abyzmul likes this.
  8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He was overrated in college, especially thanks to that one single hit. His freshman year was good, second year was good, then the third year tanked. He didn't try his junior year because he was hesitant to get hurt and hurt his draft stock. That lack of effort is concerning.

Considering the talent around in at Houston, his production has been troubling. I'd be happy to have someone on our team with 9-10 sacks a season. But for a 3rd overall pick, I'd want more than that. Good player, but overrated into the draft thanks to one ridiculous tackle.

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  9. forevercursed

You're right. The mileage he got from that one play is insane.

Good is not good enough when better is expected. And for he physical tools that he has this is simply not acceptable. And the instances of him going into self preservation mode perhaps, tentativeness due to fear of injuries...that kind of stuff will never fly here. Not under Gase/Williams

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I watched every single play of his college career. It is laughable, laughable to suggest he was overrated in college. It makes me think you don’t know a damn thing about football.

I mean holy shit, even if you didn’t watch him play at all in college you could look up his stats. He only played 36 college games total and had 71! Sacks and tackles for loss combined. And if you did watch him play, you’d know he did that fighting off double teams.

He was dominant in college and was also 1st overall not 3rd

#10 BrowningNagle, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Playing with JJ Watt too.

He was compared to Lawrence Taylor coming out of college.

To me hasn't been a impressive pro player. Always injured his first few years in the league and not monstrous production.

For a #1 overall pick simply being a good player isn't good enough and for the money he'll be looking for good isn't good enough.

12. forevercursed

Lawrence Taylor was a freight train on coke. A nimble freight train on coke. You just don't see the passion or the reckless abandon or the desire to get better from Clowney

NYJ79 likes this.
  13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Yes, he put up good college numbers.Not the strongest schedule but that's not his fault. I just don't trust players who take games off their final year to dodge the possibility of an injury.

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I see that in Jamal Adams.

I hope Quinnen Williams is the same way instead of another Leonard Williams.

If we have two top talents with those types of intangibles on defense along with Darnold on offense we're set.

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Do you pay attention to football? Mario Williams had his best years in buffalo and it’s not a debate.

BuffaloBills06 likes this.
  16. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Mario Williams had 10.5, 13 & 14.5 sacks for Buffalo his 1st 3 seasons in Buffalo......it wasn’t until Rex came in and moved him to a 3-4 OLB which caused him to flame out. His career definitely didn’t die in Buffalo......he made 2 pro bowls, 1 1st team all pro & 1 2nd team all pro.

17. forevercursed

In meaningless garbage time sacks in games that didn't matter. Never stepping foot in the playoffs. The Bills were irrelevent without Mario Williams, and they were irrelevent with Mario Williams

18. Bills over Jets

LOL I can think of 3 games off the top of my head without even digging where Mario’s late 4th quarter strip sack won the game. Just stop. We’re all aware (including you) that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

19. forevercursed

lol you idiot. In 2012 he had 6 sacks after Buffalo was pretty much finished (3-6). 2013 he has three sacks in the last NINE games. Total non factor as he quits on the season. Buffalo falls apart down the stretch. 2014 3.5 of his sacks were in a double digit loss to Miami. Next week he puts up two more meaningless sacks in a blowout of the Jets. That's over 1/3rd of his total in total meaningless spots. Plus his teammates trashed him out the door https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ate-of-mario-williams-trashes-his-bad-effort/ and he couldn't wait to get out of that shithole.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ate-of-mario-williams-trashes-his-bad-effort/

As of now you need to worry about Matt Barkley outplaying Josh Allen. Not Mario "Buffalo makes me want to hang myself" Williams

#19 forevercursed, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  20. Bills over Jets

Lol last 2 sentences sealed it for me. Stick to the Jets bro. You’re drunk.