I think Jon Gruden knows what he's doing & my thoughts on Dak Prescott

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Disagree. He was a leader and football junky. He studied WR tapes constantly, he worked hard, he wasn't afraid to tackle. He cared about his contract, but very much cared about the team.

He never whined and complained or became a locker room cancer like Antonio Brown. You can't even put him in that category.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Revis was one of the best players to ever wear a Jets uniform.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Self centered / Money driven and "pussy" are not analogous

phubbadaman and abyzmul like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

He’s a pussy to me lol

6. Martin&theJETS

I am well aware. Doesn’t make him any less of a bitch.

7. Sam Hammer

This is why people laugh at Jets fans. They treat their best players of all time like garbage.

8. Martin&theJETS

I’m not treating him like garbage. I just don’t respect him outside of his elite level of skill. He is no Martin, Pennington, Coles, Mawae, Testaverde, Chrebet, Richardson, Mangold, or DBrick.

I wouldn’t be giddy over the opportunity to meet him. I wouldn’t be proud to have his autograph or the like.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah that’ll show him

jago, abyzmul, stinkyB and 1 other person like this.
  10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Probably the only Jet drafted player who should be 1st ballot HOF based on actual production. He's definitely in the argument as the Best Jets player ever.

abyzmul likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Depends on what you consider. he's worth mentioning and his 1 "shutdown" season was pretty much unmatched by anyone in NFL history. with that said i'd still have to give it to curtis martin who was a top player for over a decade. revis has like 3-4 really good years here amazing years, then bitched his way out of the team, blew out his knee, went to the pats won a SB but was never the same. revis was only dominant as a jet which only lasted a few years but those years were unheard of production wise out of any CB in NFL history.

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Martin was drafted by the Pats.

13. GasedAndConfused

ah I didn't see you mentioned drafted only. in that case yeah revis was probably the best jet all time draft pick, not that the bar is very high. Hopefully it can become unquestionably darnold in a few years. Jamaal adams may give it a run for the money.

14. Sam Hammer

Interesting. I'm quite proud of my Revis signed Jersey, but that's just me I guess.

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware the Raiders were doing Hard Knocks this year.

PFT 'reported' what went on in the first episode.

The stories seemed too outrageous for me to take seriously before but now I'm convinced the Antonio Brown feet-helmet stories are all fabricated/pr stunts to get ratings for Hard Knocks.

abyzmul likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I agree, if there's no video it never happened. If there is video, it's CGI.

CotcheryFan, Acad23 and FJF like this.
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I go all the way back with the Jets. Martin was a great player. For my money the 3 most talent Jets were Namath, Toon and Revis. All 3 of them were limited by injury to a very short time frame. Their talent was overwhelmingly dominating and comparable to anyone who played. I would also put Winston Hill in that category. If you go back and watch SB 3 he was clearly the most dominating figure on the field.

GasedAndConfused and stinkyB like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

not gonna argue with any of that. my only distinction is if you are saying "best jet" it should be someone who was actually able to use that talent for a long time for the jets and wasn't hampered by injury or left for another team. like in that case you could make a case for james farrior as an all time best drafted jet. even though he wasn't that good as a jet, after he left for pitt he won 2 SBs, was a 1st team AP and 2nd team AP, and made 2 pro bowls. he was also their team MVP in 2004 when they went 15-1 and had 9 pro bowlers and 6 APs.

Personally when I think "best jets" it's more of who produced here for a long time at a high level. even someone like mawae who we didn't draft to me is one of the most talented jets to ever play as well.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Not taking anything away from CM. Revis was simply a much more dominating player. Granted it was a smaller sample size but he inflicted his will on the opposition to a degree Martin simply didn't. Mawae in my opinion was a more dominate player than Martin at his position. He was also a very unique talent. The Jets historically have had some very good center play. Mawae does have dominance and longevity.

I look at Martin a lot like I look at Harry Carson for the Giants. Really good to great for a real long time. I look at Revis as a mini LT. Amazingly dominating. The absolute best of the best.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

yeah I agree with all of that sure. martin never dominated in a way that revis did. My only qualm with revis is it only lasted a couple of years, then he got traded, then his injury then was never the same. Revis was by and far the best CB the NFL has seen since sanders and we haven't seen another CB as good as revis since and may not for another 20 years. it was just too short of a stint sadly due to hold outs, contract disputes and injuries. Mawae was impressive because he was so much more athletic then other centers at that time. he was simply doing things no other center could and was the best one in the NFL for a long time. most teams used guards to pull but mawae was able to pull and lead block sweeps to either side. I can't think of another center since him that does that either