We have a CB Crisis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Aug 12, 2019.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Even if Tru doesn't play a snap this season (and I still say he suits up week 1) the team as it's constructed now...you're telling me we can't beat the shitbag Bills with Josh Allen throwing the ball into the mezzanine and worst roster in the league Fish twice? That's 4 wins right there

tomdeb, KWJetsFan, NYJFOREVER and 2 others like this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Can't take any team for granted, especially when ours is coming off a 4-12 season.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

I definitely think we have a chance to be at least 6-6, if not better going into the last 4 games. After the first 6 games, the Jets could be 1-5, 2-4, 3-3 or maybe even 4-2 (but I doubt the latter, and think that 1-5 or 2-4 are more realistic). Unless we can get to Brady consistently, I could see the Pats beating us twice, the Eagles beating us, the Browns and maybe even the Cowboys beating us. We'll have Herndon back for the Cowboys, so that should help. Over the next 6 games, the Jets could go 6-0. The Jaguars, Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders and Bengals are all very beatable. So even if they only go 2-4 in the first 6 games, they could be 8-4 heading into the last 4. In the last 4 games, we could and probably should be both the Bills and Dolphins. I can't see us beating the Steelers unless Bell goes wild in that game. I'm not sure if we've ever beaten the Ravens, and if Lamar Jackson is able to run wild on us, I don't expect us to beat them this year, either. I think we do have a realistic chance to beat them this year, however.

4. forevercursed

And don't think JD isn't working to remedy the corner situation. He realizes what positional values are in 2019 NFL. If he didn't, Kalil wouldn't be here.

If he didn't realize how important TE was to this offense he wouldn't be bringing in a ton of guys to make sure that fort is held down as capably as possible for the first 4 weeks of the season while Herndon sits out (fwiw I think Griffin is a key overlooked addition). Douglas gets it. He's not like Mac who would just leave as totally hanging at a position. No stone will be left unturned

themorey and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Does Maye have the speed to play CB and cover WRs?

6. forevercursed

True. Can't fault you for taking that approach. But we upgraded moreso than they did. I expect to win those games. I trust this teams braintrust more than the previous regime. Guess we'll see. Miami I don't think will even be trying to win.

7. forevercursed

I never quite understood Macs approach to roster construction. I mean there definitely was a method to it but he actually thought he could patch together O-lines, CB's and receiving corps with 3rd/4th/5th rounders and lower. That he was so brilliant that he could consistently find those value diamonds in the rough AND slam dunk with guys like Darron Lee.

Ardarius Steward, Chad Hansen, Jordan Leggett, Burris, Hack, Mauldin. Busts abound. Devin Smith...heck at least he was a 2nd rounder and maybe he would've been something but injuries ruined him. Bust. He found Robby Anderson. Good job on that I guess but I suspect he was a known commodity that teams stayed away from because of his mental issues (which I hope are behind him)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We will have a double digit sack guy at the end of the year. The strengths on this team are strong enough to cover a weakness. Teams are not going to run on us so it’s going to be short passes which we have the tacklers to handle. It’s up to the Williams’ to get pressure to throw off the deep pass. Jordan Jenkins has 7 sacks last year with just Leonard Williams being respected on the line. If Q is as advertised we will get pressure. As long as the corners can tackle I am not ready to jump off a bridge

NYJFOREVER, Mr mittens and CBG like this.
  9. FJF

I don’t think he has the hips to play corner. Also I’d rather not weaken the safety position. Adams and Maye should be able to clean up mistakes.

CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I will make sure that no matter how many people join me out here on this bridge that I will save a spot for you right next to me

11. FJF

Let’s me at the middle of the tappan zee, sept 8, around 430ish?

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

there could be several bridge meetings this year. I prefer the TNB.

CBG and FJF like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good plan. He said he is not ready to jump off the bridge, but no mention of him not going to the bridge to wait and see, just in case the double digit sacks don't materialize.

CBG likes this.
  14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We need to start looking at trade options and fast...

CBG likes this.
  15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If someone put a gun to my head yesterday and asked me " Tell us Who Arthur Maulet is or we shoot" we would be having my funeral today.

phubbadaman and CBG like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We can all meet at any bridge or ledge that we wish but IF AND WHEN this season turns into a train wreck we take the leap and the meetings will end. PS Yes Fjay 4 30 works for me

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I would NOT bet on having a double digit sack guy. The Jets have only had 3 in the last 15 years and no real pass rusher exists on this roster

jilozzo likes this.
  18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Next to having a stud at the QB position, IMO the next best position to be studded at is OLB. The ability to disrupt the passing game on any given play is of utmost importance.

No way we get double digit sacks this year from anyone - we will have 3 so called CB's on the field and dropping 8 back most of the time. teams will run on us to start and when williams flinches, its bombs away!

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. FJF

We will not be run on. Not this D. Way too stout up the middle.
    I stand by my double digit sack statement.

NYJFOREVER and jilozzo like this.
  20. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Sadly, they are probably circling the Jets games as potential wins.