3 Teams Most Likely to End Playoff Drought

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

3 Most Likely Teams to End Their NFL Playoff Droughts in 2019

The NFL Playoff picture has been mixed up quite a bit over the past few seasons, but there are a few teams who have failed to put together a postseason-worthy team in a while. However, this may be the season they reverse their fortunes.

These are the three teams most likely to end their playoff droughts in 2019.

3. San Francisco 49ers
    [​IMG]
    Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images
    The key to this 49ers team is health, which is a key that has not been on their side in recent seasons, including this preseason already. While the Los Angeles Rams look tough, we have seen how their injuries can dismantle them quickly, and the Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals look beatable for the Niners. San Francisco gets its starting quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo back and have improved the supporting cast around him. This looks to be the first season coach Kyle Shanahan is able to do what he wants on offense, given the personnel he has available to him. The 49ers have the fourth-longest playoff drought, failing to make it the last five seasons.

2. New York Jets
    [​IMG]
    Elsa/Getty Images
    The Jets have missed the playoffs the last eight seasons, but there is reason to be optimistic going forward. They appear to have their quarterback of the future, in second-year quarterback Sam Darnold, and they have improved the offensive line and receiving corps around him. Jamison Crowder looks to give Darnold an easy underneath target, Robby Anderson can take the top off defenses, Chris Herndon works the middle of the field and they brought in Le'Veon Bell to essentially do everything else on offense. The workload for Bell reportedly could be historic, so this team may go as far as Bell is able to carry them, which could be the postseason.

1. Cleveland Browns
    [​IMG]
    Jason Miller/Getty Images

The Browns are feeling dangerous, as is their mustache-wielding quarterback Baker Mayfield. Cleveland has made noise for all the right reasons this offseason, building what is expected to be an explosive, dangerous offense with Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, Antonio Callaway, David Njoku, Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. The Browns have missed 16-straight postseasons, with their last playoff appearance being the year of the "Gruden Bowl." Of all the teams looking to snap their streak of bad luck, some believe the Browns have the best chance to do it.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/pos...91E7SuKxr2TVFgaMGdLMQRKlYx84t1DC0nG12XjE2ROzI

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Apparently they haven’t heard about our cb crisis

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That list seems right. A healthy Jimmy G will definitely make the 49ers good. We know the Browns are solid and I think the Jets are too. Not saying Tampa Bay will make the playoffs, but I am interested to see what Bruce Arians does there. He is a good Head Coach and we know Todd Bowles was a good Defensive Coordinator before being hired by the Jets. They could surprise some people.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don't see it for 49ers honestly. They are well behind Rams and Seahawks aren't slouch either. NFC is loaded so most likely they won't even be in wild card contention let alone make the playoffs.

Browns have tons of talent but a new Head Coach. If new HC can keep the locker room under control then they have a chance. They have a better chance than 49ers or Jets.

Jets are the wild card. Don't believe in my bogus hype about this team being 10-6 team etc. I think we will be somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. If we are 3-3 after the first 6 game I think we are making the playoffs.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I don't see if for the 49ers at all.
    They will get better defensively but I don't think that will be enough. I'm also not a believer in Garapollo.

The Browns to me are the wildcard.
    Lots of talent, but lots of explosive personalities also. How will a rookie HC without even much coordinator experience manage all of that?

I think the Jets actually have a decent shot at playoffs.
    Talent is there, they will be energized by new staff, and schedule lines up fairly well.

Mr mittens, FJF, Brook! and 1 other person like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...gotta look at who they play.

If we can just win the 1st Pats game...

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Browns more than likely, but the other 2 doubtful

Red Menace, Peebag and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's the spirit! :confused:

PennyRoyal10, Mr mittens and FJF like this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It's reality

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Me and BacktoQueens basically said the exact same thing. You liked his post but didn't like mine. Am I seeing some Muslim hate here?

Red Menace and All Gas No Shake like this.
  11. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Jets CB's will be the team's bug-a-boo this year. With or without injuries we are weak at the position. Teams will attack us by air. We have a good team but one glaring need at CB, that will be our downfall. However I will remain positive....maybe we get lucky & Austin comes in and lights it up. I have total faith in our offense unlike past years it was the defense carrying the team. This year it will be the offense.

#11 BudJet, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Nah...just some good old moderator hate.

All Gas No Shake, FJF and Brook! like this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Our secondary wont be ending any droughts for us...If we dont fix that mess somehow we will get picked apart.

14. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Not so bullish about the 9ers either.

But even with our "crisis" we have a QB who's about to take a big step forward. A legit good backfield with Bell/Powell/Montgomery/McGuire. Better O line. Better D line. Healthy safeties. And a divisional rival in Miami who beat us twice last year who is tanking this year. So yea, we could sneak in at 9-7

FJF likes this.
  15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Honestly fascinating question (as much as killing this horrible offseason time can be)

Except no one explained what “drought” actually means....

I can see the Browns getting in hands down.

But the Niners have a hard SOS, plus Jimmy now has an injury question mark.

The Jets will have to win shootouts and they are the Jets so I have low confidence.

I think the key is what does “drought” mean?

For now these are my teams including SOS that will make it after missing out in 2018

In NFC

I could see panthers back
    I could see packers back

In AFC

I could see Steelers back
    I could see Jags back

Let’s go Jets

16. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

9&7 won't get you a wild card. There are too many teams in the afc that will do better such as...Texans, Colts, Chargers, Chiefs, Browns, Steelers, Patriots, Jaguars,...I don't even know if 10 & 6 will get you there.

17. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Just hope for the Jets with a new coach and a new era. Good luck!

18. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Jets fans think our team has a lot of injuries? Check out the 49ers...

Jets81 likes this.
  19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Put me down as skeptical about jimmy G and the 9ers. Not sure they even break .500 in the division

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Detroit is a team that missed the playoffs last year and will get in this year

101GangGreen101 likes this.