Home games, tips for tourists.

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by MiMathisen, Jul 30, 2019.

1. MiMathisen

MiMathisen New Member

Hi.

First of all, if there's any similar thread, delete or merge this thread.

Been reading on the forum for a while now and would appreciate any tips you have going to MetLife Stadium.

From Norway, and first time in NY, therefore not any knowledge on what to do, where to sit etc.

Just seen Jets one time, but that was in London, so seats, especially in regards to fans, didn't matter much.

Any tips and things to do besides that, would also be more than welcomed.

Thanks

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hello my friend. If you can provide your specific questions we can answer them easily for you. Tell us more. What game are you targeting? Where are you planning to stay? Manhattan or New Jersey? What is your budget for ticket as it will determine where you will sit. Do you like to tailgate before the game? If you don't know what tailgate is just google tailgate Jets and you should have an idea.

Like I said, provide more info so we can help.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Norway? Nice, I loved there for 4 years, great beautiful country.

4. Brook!

Veteran?

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Go shopping for clothes on a Sunday in Paramus NJ. As far as culture, forget Manhattan, the American Dream Mall right next to Met Life is as good as you can get. And stay away from any Diners or Pizza places. Also, try to meet chicks from the Jersey shore, in my opinion they might be the most intelligent women in this country. YW.

6. MiMathisen

MiMathisen New Member

Cool, I'm targeting the Browns game in september, but thats about it. So far I haven't booked any place to stay. As I'm travelling with my girlfriend, tailgate must be discussed xD

As it ain't that often I'll see Jets at MetLife, or any other place for that matter, I'm prepared to pay for good seats, but I see they start at like $60, so don't know what would be suggested in terms of value for money?

7. Brook!

Browns game is a Monday night game. In my opinion night games during the weeknights are not as fun as a Sunday game. If you can skip it and come to the Cowboys game which starts 4:25 pm, you will enjoy the most. But tickets will be twice as expensive.

If you are set on Browns game then your tailgate experience will probably be hindered. A lot of folks come to the game after they leave work so there isn't a good tailgate atmosphere. But regardless, you can still either pay up front and buy ticket to one of the private tailgate events at Metlife or buy some sandwiches and beer and do your own thing.

In terms of what is a good ticket value for you. This is your first game at Metlife. So if you are willing to truly enjoy the game then buy Lower Level tickets. If not go for Upper Level sideline tickets. But if you buy upper level, try to buy lower rows between Row 1 and 10. Try to avoid higher rows.

There is a train from Manhattan to Metlife on game days. If you decide to stay in Manhattan coming to game won't be a problem using the train. There will be many jets fans at the train station so you can just follow them.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

8. MiMathisen

MiMathisen New Member

Thanks! Really appreciate it!!

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I couldn't disagree more. First of all, the matchup is terrific, Sam vs Baker. Secondly, without a doubt, MNF is the rowdiest crowd you can have. The older crowd and kids stay home and its more of a rock n roll crowd and there's more drinking then any other game ( We want the pumpkin!!). Thirdly, the last game you want to go to is the Cowboy game, most likely 65/35 Cowboy fans. If the Jets and Browns both win week 1 this game will be the game of the week. For the rookies and youngest's:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1988-10-19-8803010600-story.html

PS: No worries about this happening this year, its no longer like this and many other things

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/20/sports/football/20fans.html

#9 sec314, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  10. Brook!

I would be surprised if you agreed. Lol.

I sold my Browns game ticket already. Can't wait to go to Cowboys game. Lol.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You should of sold your Boys tickets which would of paid for 4 other games. See I never disagree;)

stinkyB likes this.
  12. Brook!

Cowboys game, Patriots game, Giants game and Steelers game. They are untouchable. I will be there watching Jets crush those teams. Oh also season opener. Those 5 games are my untouchable games.

By the way sold the Browns game and parking to a friend at work at face. I just met the guy and he is also a Jets fan.

zace likes this.
  13. MiMathisen

MiMathisen New Member

Good to see someone like the matchup, only there from 10-19th og september, but Sam vs Baker should be fun! Any tips on when to buy tickets in regards to prices?

Brook! likes this.
  14. Brook!

I would wait until last week. If it rains the prices will dive. No reason to buy early. None.

15. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Buy on the day. 2 hours before kickoff

16. MiMathisen

MiMathisen New Member

Thanks, again! Where is the best/safest place to buy the tickets?

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Stubhub without a doubt. No matter where you buy, there are no longer paper tickets. U need a smartphone.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

As far as waiting, for early season games I always get them asap. If the Jets and Browns both win week 1 the price will go up. If its a game later in the season, then I would wait in case the Jets record is crap because they could go down. Weather has no bearing on the price that early in the season,its about the cold later in the season. Everyone has there opinion on when, that's mine. I got my tics for the Browns game last month.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

What a slate of home games. That's why buying seasons was a good idea if you were planning on attending 4-8 games. Well done.

zace likes this.
  20. Brook!

Yes sir. 5 games where I wouldn't miss for the world. For me, this is just 1 year thing. Next year I will either renew if I like the experience or dump them. No PSL bullshit. :)