Webb Passing Siemian on depth chart?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It almost never happens...not on purpose anyway. But if your team has the coaching and mandate to do this, it would be rare and would give the Jets a slight upper hand in draft picks. Every little edge counts!

2. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

Please give us a history lesson. Does he also turn them into all pros? Or just special teams players ?
    Imo the Patriots overall draft worse than the Jets

3. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

If you actually looked at the number of picks they have made and the percent that hit you’d probably take this post back

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

With Maccagnan at the wheel?

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Actually I wouldn't. They make a ton of picks, most last their first contract, some last much longer, yet every year they are in the Super Bowl hunt. With mid-late round picks. Can't argue with their success. If the Jets could only suck 1/2 as bad as new England, the fan base would be estatic.

joe likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

Yet dominate the league for two decades. Of course you are a big fan of Mac and his drafting, so that tell me all I need to know about your judgement......

7. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

This is one of those ridiculous statements made out of hate, not common sense.

I'll take a team of 53 of really good players who all know their jobs, importance and what's required of the, over a team with 5 pro bowlers and nothing else.
    But really, the Pats suck at drafting and developing players, just somehow have dominated for over 20 years is pretty funny

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. LF911SC

And they won 6 SBs and went to 9 with this group, Belicichic how?

Please don't say something pathetic like cheating, Brady on his own and a system

9. TonyFtLaud

Thank God they are worse than the Jets at drafting and suck at developing players. If they were as good as Mac, they would have won 19 straight VLTs, and been undefeated for 2 decades.:D

LF911SC likes this.
  10. LF911SC

It's amazing that some actually believe that the Pats draft worse than us, word than most yet somehow keep winning. You would think that might be a hint that they're wrong.

It's like those who hate the Pats and try to tell you that Brady is a product of the Pats system, he's not as good as people think, isn't the GOAT etc.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

They only draft special teamers...... Lol

12. How is pointing to cheating pathetic? They certainly did it for long enough,plenty of evidence that it really never stopped.18 years of this crap..when the fuck are we finally gonna have enough &stop trying to think better of it?

THEY clearly find value in cheating.Their owner said it helped winning by 1%.So PLEASE tell me hows it fucking PATHETIC to be outraged over blatant treachery that directly affects our teams ability to win?If you’re gonna hoist BB & the patriot way you better be willing to accept ALL the optics which yes includes various forms of cheating. They bank on us all thinking better of it & the train keeps rolling

#52 KurtTheJetsFan, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. LF911SC

Because they didn't do it a long time. They got caught videotaping how long ago? It's time to grow up and admit the truth, not the same old pathetic they cheated with all their SB wins. It's pathetic. There is no evidence, you're talking out of your ass. What evidence, you'll be the first to have actual, real evidence. The stupid and mindless "they hold on every play" doesn't count, unless you're trying to prove that you don't know football. Or whatever imaginary penalties they never get called for or are always called to help the Pats win. That's not evidence, that's fantasy .

Now to get more specific. I didn't hoist anyone up. If you imagined this it's no wonder you see cheating and evidence of it for years and years. They try to win, will do what it takes. Like every other NFL team does. But because they actually do you want to make them thieves stealing games. If that's true, and it's not, shame on the stupid Jets and the rest of the dumb assed NFL for not being able to pull off a simple cheat that would even get them into the playoffs once in awhile. Never mind win a few SBs.

I want to win, bad. I'd take some cheating, would actually call for it. If anyone can tell me how you pull it off. I need help, how do I get the Jets to hold on every play and not get flagged? LOL

14. Edit:Whatever.

Taking the high road. If Youre ok w a chief rival breaking the rules often at our expense..have at it.Personally ethics mean something & i want to win the right way.And ill be damned if im gonna shrug off all their bullshit bc its the path of least resistence.I have a backbone.

#54 KurtTheJetsFan, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2019
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

And Hackenberg was a second round pick.

16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Jets didn't draft him so I don't care what round he was drafted in. As far as I'm concerned he's a scrap heap pickup.

I want Siemian backing up Darnold. He's the much more proven NFL player, he's still young, more experience and all that.

The Jets are always playing games with that position either we get burned out, used up, washed up has beens like Brunell, Garrard or pay $10 million for proven loser McCown. 'Mentor' types. :rolleyes:

Now they want to pump up a draft bust, Giants reject.

Siemian seems to be PERFECT for that role. He's not a threat to Darnold while at the same time being young enough to be effective if he must play and he brings actual game experience!!!!

17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

He was selected 2nd, but most GMs had him as a later round talent. Mac was just an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. LF911SC

So your unequal way of viewing the 2 QBs extends to the ide that Webb wasn't drafted by the Jets? Because, ugh, Siemian was?

Because he's experienced? In the fact that he was handed a job and failed, that makes him a better choice than Webb? Based on the simple fact that you've, YOU, have never seen Webb play? LOL, please, give actual real reasoning to justify opinions. Crying over Garrard who never was on the field or roster for that matter, 8 years ago isn't a case of we always have signed has been. Or Brunnel who was hired to mentor Sanchez, in 09 and won when pressed into service, is also not relying on a has beeen. You kind of need to actually make sense here.

Also, why do you give a shit how much McCown was paid to backup Darnold. What does that have to do with Siemian, a failure who's the same age group as Webb. Webb who hasn't filed, a 3rd round pick over a 7th, a huge arm, better size.....

19. LF911SC

One more time, slow, where's your well document evidence, the readon to hate the Pats, that they cheat all the time, always have and that they won because of it. After 9 SBs. 6 SB wins you would think there would be actual evidence, not fantalk, thtntye league wouldn't let it go on. Especially given the Comm is paid by all the owners, not only Kraft and that the Pats aren't liked by anyone.

Sounds like girly whining excuses

Whatever works for YOU.

20. One more time..02-08 having overwhelming evidence.”long time ago” or not thats a 6 year period w 3 championships..im sorry..theres residual effect to that. The foundation of winning which continues today includes systemic cheating.

Then after that there were AT LEAST 2 incidents of fowl play w headsets in the playoffs against the Titans & Jaguars.Then you have Deflatgate which while a minor infraction that got overblown confirmed continued systemic organizational rule breaking.Beyond that, their behavior after the sanction came down including destruction of evidence was unbecomming ti put it mildly. During this timeframe the owner came out & said prior cheating helped winning by 1%.

The very first game of the following year we had wiregate which if you the read the details is comically blatant. Now patriot fans will tell you the NFL now polices headsets thanks to spygate but ive read there are still very easy ways for teams to manipulate the headsets under cover.So either that or the NFL really IS in their back pocket.

So youve got firm evidence between 02-08 of all sorts of garbage..continued accusations popping up here & there since.A firm sanction in place in 14 w underhanded tactics during the appeal followed by the very next game having blatant fowl play w headsets against the steelers.

Eagles thought it was worth their time to complete a fake walk thru leading to their recent super bowl against the Patriots.You think they wouldve wasted their preparation time doing that if their wasnt internal evidence of continued crooked behavior?They won by the way.

So lemme ask you.please humor my “girlie whining”. How firm does the evidence need to be for a team w this vast of a history of underhanded tactics? Why in the world should they get the benefit of the doubt? They have literally zero credibility. You seem to think them winning somehow exonerates them.How does that make any sense?

You can think whatever you want.Frankly im beginning to wonder if youre a closet patriots fan.But regardless no one should be called pathetic for calling it like it is.

#60 KurtTheJetsFan, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2019
    NCJetsfan likes this.