C.J. Mosley: 'Whole NFL is sleeping on the Jets'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jul 2, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

an 0-2 start and this Jets team will go off the rails by November. Thats the nightmare scenario. They can't beat the Bills or Browns at home then they face the hardest stretch of the season. Adam Gase's abrasive style, coupled with veterans that aren't afraid to speak their minds could easily result in a disaster if this team hits 0-3, 0-4, etc. They HAVE to come out strong

Brook! and jilozzo like this.
  2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

though i do favor a relativley successful year coming up - perhaps 7-9 - i do recognize that your scenario has some legs and am a bit concerned about it.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Not too mention that would mean Darnold lost consecutive games to Mayfield and Josh Allen.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

BUST

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The Browns have a better O line then the Jets, and it's not even close.
    The really gelled over the second half of the season. We're banking on Osomele who is coming off a terrible year, and struggles in the ZBS.
    The Browns are very good at C,LG and LT. Their RT showed improvement all season and played well the second half of year. RG is their question mark. Can Austin Corbett make the transition inside to RG.
    I don't think they are going to win the super bowl, but I think they are a solid playoff contender and a better team all around then the Jets currently.

6. TonyFtLaud

I could see the South or West passing them this season. South has the Colts and Texans, both playoff likely, Tenn is always competitive and Jax has a great D, can Foles help the offense?
    Out west the Chiefs and Chargers are at the top but the Raiders are young and coming up and Denver added Flacco who was pretty bad at the end in Baltimore but could do much better in Denver.

7. The rookie head coach, the 2nd year QB w frankly unrealistic expectations & hype w specific playing style that DC’s will absolutely catch up to, the me first players they brought into the fold & the fact that they are still the Browns make them just as good of a bet to self destruct as they are to go on a playoff run.

I agree they are better than the Jets at this moment & are a year further into their “ascension” roster construction wise.This is on Mac & his lack of urgency. Still,The jets have alot of young players w upside & an infinitely better CS Gase be damned..i would not be surprised if the gap between the teams is alot narrower come September.

Ive already had enough of the Cleveland hype..cant stand Mayfield,Landry or OBJ..but feel Cleveland fans pain(Bellicheat & 1986 be damned) hence im extremely torn on how to treat my brownie related rooting interests for 2019.

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Osemele isn’t coming off a terrible year, he’s coming off a down year for a perennial pro bowler. He was still decent.

And the Browns tackles are legitimately awful and they traded one of their best lineman in Zeitler. It is not a good unit at all.

9. TonyFtLaud

I'm not buying the me first BS regarding Beckham and Landry. They were teammates in college and had no issues and are best friends .
    Accuracy is a tough play style to game plan again.
    I don't like Mayfield as an individual, but he's a damn good QB. Darnold is also a second year QB, with much less experience.
    True kitchens is a first time HC so how he fares is an unknown, but his offense looked good when he took over last year. If the Jets CS is infinitely better remains to be seen.
    Both teams could easily implode. If it happens, I hope it's to the Browns. I'm a Jet fan and don't really care much about any other teams fan base.

10. TonyFtLaud

Putting Jackson in the lineup last year at LTw what changed the fortunes of the Browns o line last season.
    Osemele was awful last year. 61st at his position, 53.7 grade is terrible period. I think he will improve, but like Carpenter, he's best in a power blocking scheme.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  11. I didnt say Landry & OBJ wouldnt get along..i said that theyre both selfish divas who become a distraction when times are tough. I would love to hear an argument countering this fact..its well documented w both. And i actually think Landry is worse than OBJ despite the TMZ stigma.

Alot of QBs are accurate.Thats not a playing style. He still has questionable pocket presence & struggles finding passing lanes w a dirty windshield & stares down the rush like a deer in rush hour when he gets immediate pressure to his right. Jam the middle,contain the edges & make him throw off a platform.

I think hes a good QB w a bright future..but the hype is out of control. Im really anxious to see how he handles what Adjustments DCs make against him.

#71 KurtTheJetsFan, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2019
    Brook! likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Ob-Gay and Landry will have a falling out at some point, maybe not this season but they will.

It’s inevitable and when it happens it will be ugly

13. TonyFtLaud

He was actually very good vs the blitz as a rookie. He struggled more when contained. He was still a rookie and like most rookies, has the potential to improve. Really don't get the hate vs his game. As a person, I understand it.

14. TonyFtLaud

Thanks for the future update. Can you share this week's Powerball #s too?

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Anyone that thinks the Jets offensive line is on par with the Browns offensive line is absolutely incorrect.

Even after getting rid of the Zeitler in that trade, their interior is still better. Hopefully Harrison can be average and Winters can play better. This line needs a major rehaul next season. I don't think Osemele will be an all pro player again but I do believable he will be better then Carpenter

TonyFtLaud and stinkyB like this.
  16. Not against the blitz..interior rushes from down linemen.And not just guys w a free shot..guys getting good penetration.

Its not hate against his game..its that i see some ways to defend him that dont exactly line up w fan boys who think hes Johnny Unitas & Roger Staubach’s lovechild.great QB prospect?No doubt.But he has flaws.Hes not the second coming of christ

17. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Yes. We have a GM. His name is Gase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Yea, those power rankings are stupid. Every year they tab the Jets as a non-playoff team, and every year......they’re a non-playoff team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. TonyFtLaud

Of course he's not, that would be Sam Darnold.
    You need the D lineman to get that pressure. Not many teams have it.
    No one has proclaimed him near what your saying. He's a very promising second year QB. No more, no less.
    It's like you claiming Harrison is a very good center and having 8 games without allowing a sack.

20. Ive spent a good amount of time in the midwest over last 6 months.The hype is nauseating

Since you mentioned it,Ive been critical of Harrison’s sloppy pad level & subpar production since he first came here from Indy off waivers.That said I think the 8 games w no sacks while not the be all end all IS worth mentioning & i think hes a talented player who has an opportunity to shut alot of people up if he can clean up his fundamentals under Pollock.(i understand Harrison’s actual play was not your point)