2019 NBA Free Agency (Durant to Nets!, Kawhi to Clippers!)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jun 27, 2019.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Not his wallet, his gigantic balls with enough gravity that the entire league orbits around them. We are lucky it was only a 7.1.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Chocolate thunder refrence?

3. JetBlue

Lakers will get all the old, broken down vet min players while anyone with ability is going to go across the hall to play with Kawhi.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Jets fan in me is happy for Clippers fans. Not the bandwagon jumpers that showed up when the Paul/Jordan/Griffin Clippers were happening, but the ones that were suffering through decades of misery and all of the Little Brother dogshit that we are all too familiar with. Somebody really good finally chose them over the Lakers and everyone else.

The Spurs fan in me wants Kawhi's legs to develop gangrene and fall off.

NYJalltheway and Brook! like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Darry s son was playing in that game

Brook! and Biggs like this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

OKC got a haul. I wouldn't be shocked in 5 years of OKC and the Las Vegas Pelicans are the two best teams in the league.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

So if Clay Thompson is healthy at some point next season why isn't SF better than both the Lakers and the Clippers?

8. JetBlue

If the Clippers are any good their 2022, 24 and 26 picks are late round roster fillers at best. No big price paid there by the Clippers. The two Heat picks, though, are where the value is, but even then what are the odds those two picks will turn out as good as Leonard and George?

It’s a lot of picks but the likelihood that they turn out to be meaningful players is low. What OKC should do is trade the picks for proven players. Just look at the Celtics; they get a lot of hype for having this plethora of picks but haven’t converted them into anything. Only the Tatum pick was worth anything and that was because Brooklyn sucked enough to make it a top five pick.

Attackett and NYJalltheway like this.
  9. JetBlue

The Clippers played them pretty well, and that was when the Warriors were healthy, had Durant, and the Clippers had nobody. I’d say the acquisition of George and Leonard, and the loss of Durant and Iguodala but acquisition of Russell, easily makes the Clippers appear as good or better than the Warriors.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

OKC didn't have Leonard and wasn't getting him. They don't have to get someone as good as Leonard and George. They need to get 2 players who can be quality starters and some good roster players. For Paul not Leonard and Paul.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I actually think Curry and a Healthy Clay Thompson along with Green and Russell will be very good if they can fill the roster. Thompson when he was on the court with Leonard in the Toronto series was the better player. Curry was arguably worn out and still the best player in that series. Russell will be able to allow Curry to play off the ball more and I think he won't be as worn down late in games.

Leonard and George are great defenders. Curry and Thompson when they get it going are the two best offensive players in the league.

The Warriors were plus 5 with Thompson on the floor against Toronto.

12. JetBlue

I was referring to the price the Clippers paid in mentioning George and Leonard, not who OKC would have to replace. The value of those picks for OKC is trading them IMO and getting proven players. That’s what the Clippers essentially did and I’d argue Leonard and George are easily worth all of those picks.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed it was a good deal for both teams. I'm skeptical that either LA team is good enough to win the title with what they did.

14. JetBlue

The West looks relatively even — Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Portland, Nuggets, Houston, Jazz. It will be interesting to see who can build the best depth; as of now the Clippers appear to be in the best position IMO.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Looks like NBA will have more parity than years past. I like it.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

OKC did get two very promising young players along with the picks. Both of them are have the potentially to be more than bench players on a very good team. I suspect OKC is going to unload Westbrook at some point.

17. JetBlue

I think trading Westbrook is the likely scenario. I think it’d be a good move for the Knicks if all it would cost them is a pick and maybe Dennis Smith Jr.

18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

This and Curry just isn't big time in the playoffs. Durant being their masked Currys overall failure as a player in the playoffs. With no clear leader and the loss of Andre Iguadala, the Clippers are better. The Lakers will be better to depending on who they fill their roster with. The Warriors will still be a huge threat but definately now the underdogs. I don't see them back in the finals in the next few years.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Thank you for not going to the Lakers. That would have just been annoying. Now we actually have some talent spread around the league.

The Knicks did the right thing. Build a young base FIRST, then add superstars in a couple years. That is the goal.

20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure the Clippers should be the favorites.
    They do have 2 stars, but what after that? A good defender in Bev, and 2 good bench players, and then what?