Kareem Hunt(Merged)... Sign or not to sign, that is the question!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Mario, Nov 30, 2018.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He can't be on an active roster.

2. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

Thanks captain obvious...

3. TonyFtLaud

But let's sign and pay him to sit right ....

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Huh? You want to try that again in English?

Ralebird likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Hill is still on the Chiefs and isn't being considered signed or traded for by the Jets (that we know of). If they want to employ a bunch of lowlifes, that's on them. I could care less what they do. It is hypocritical of the Chiefs for them to cut Hunt for lying to them (not for the violent act itself), yet still employ Hill who should have been cut/never drafted (not sure when he strangled and punched his pregnant girlfriend.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

You don't deserve a winning Jets team. You deserve nothing but 0-16 teams.

7. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

Perfect...then I dont have to worry about that happening anytime soon then! Keep on tanking!

8. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

Read my original post...it’s starts with IF!
    However I would be fine to sign him now and see what happens with the commissioner. He is worth the risk

9. TonyFtLaud

Hills incident happened in his second year of college so it was nearly 3 years later that he was drafted. He was also up front about it and took responsibility for his actions, has not had any issues in the 4 years since. Also the video. Some how it makes things much more real. Hunt has had 5 violent incidents in a span of 5 months, lied to the team about what happened. Giving a kid a second chance is one thing, our own Q for instance. But when they keep repeating the same actions, they have to go.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah I was for giving Hunt another chance when it was just the video. But given that the incident was clearly not out of character, I want no part of Hunt.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He should be on the roster right now. 2 GIFTS in one year. The dummy Raiders trading Khalil Mack and the Chiefs cutting Hunt. That's rare stuff

but nah, we'll roll with the guys we have. Elijah McGuire might be good someday. Jordan Jenkins is emerging as a pass rusher. Right?

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

To be fair, mac was all in on Mack. Raiders rightfully sent him out of the conference. We should’ve claimed hunt though and seen where this thing goes.

13. TonyFtLaud

Looks like Hunt has been involved in another bar room altercation this past weekend. Would not be surprised if his current 8 game suspension become a full season.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

No one was even given a ticket, he talked with the police is all. Here care a few quotes from an article on it.

"Barley House owner Bobby George told WKYC3 that Hunt was involved in a "small argument with one of his friends ... People blew it out of proportion.""
    "The witness wasn't sure if it was a "real" fight or if he was just horsing around with a buddy."
    "We reached out to the Cleveland PD but despite the video, they have no record of the interaction -- "There wasn't a police report or any calls that we have located.""

15. TonyFtLaud

He's supposed to be receiving treatment for alcohol problems and anger issues. Partying all night in a bar, and having a scuffle, minor or not, won't sit well with the league. He can be seen yelling at one officer in the video. After numerous issues and his current suspension, Im sure that the league is going to be investigating this.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cleveland was a bad place for him to go. he gets himself in trouble back home and the hometown team signs him

TonyFtLaud and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Why is it hypocritical? Hunt wasn't cut for abusing a women. He was cut for lying to the coach. Women in our society are physical abused all the time. They are beat and murdered by their loved ones all the time. Abuse of Women, children, drug abuse and suicide is at crazy high levels across our country. Two of the last 4 Presidents engaged in sexually abusing women and the public elected them. Religious leaders are raping children at shockingly high rates. This is a systemic problem. If every one who abused a women in this country was unemployable we would all starve to death.

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

A fringe NFL player needs to be on his best behavior at all times.

He’s this close to a future in the CFL, XFL or some other league.

19. NCJetsfan

I know that we'll never agree on this, and that's OK, but following is my rationale.

It was hypocritical because I think that despite their statements to the contrary, they cut him for his violence against women. Players lie all the time about their injuries, why they were late to practice or why they missed a meeting, etc., and not too many of them get cut. He lied to them about not abusing women. That's the difference. Even if they really did cut him for lying, is that really worse than abusing women? At the very least, it's a screwed up sense of priorities. Do you also really think that Hill has never lied to them? I don't. I don't think Hill should have been drafted, but since he was, I can understand their working with him to try to help him change, especially if he hasn't had any other incidents of domestic abuse. I think the facts are pretty clear cut in this case, however, that he is guilty of abusing his wife/girl friend, and therefore he should be cut.

So are you saying that because women in our society are abused all the time, beaten and murdered, even by Presidents and Religious leaders, that we should just accept it when a football player does it? I hope not! Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. A lot of young people look up to athletes and want to emulate them. If they see that athletes can get away with raping and abusing women, why shouldn't they try it themselves? The buck has to stop somewhere. IMO our present President should be in jail for raping/abusing women (among his other crimes).

Why would we all starve to death if every one who abused a woman in this country was unemployable? I've never abused a woman in my life. I'd be able to work. I believe in second chances for most people and athletes if they are truly repentant for their crimes and seek to make amends. There are some positions like President, Vice President, Governor, Senator, Congressman, Mayor and/or judges where people should not get a second chance at their job, however. They are leaders and should be of the highest moral character. I can overlook elected officials or judges having dalliances as long as there is mutual consent. I can't overlook abusing or raping women, and committing other crimes in those elected leaders and judges.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i hear Josh Gorden is an option /s