2019 NBA Free Agency (Durant to Nets!, Kawhi to Clippers!)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Jun 27, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I was listening to Adam Schein on the radio and they were casually saying that the Durant preferred the Knicks but Dolan didn't want to offer the max due to injury concerns.

we know the second part is true, but I did not see the 1st part reported. If so, that's unforgivable. I mean it, I'm done with that franchise if that's true. been hanging on by a thin thread anyway

Noam, Sam Hammer and Brook! like this.
  2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

There's no way KD would come out, and say that, so we likely will not know for a long time, if ever.

I'm not saying stop supporting your team, but I personally would have jumped ship a long time ago.

I feel like the NFL is a true like the team sport, and the NBA is more for liking players. Sucks, but it's kind of how it is.

3. BrowningNagle

I agree the NBA is more for liking players and it has always been like that. But when the Knicks are good, the league is so much better!!

Sadly we have to go back like 20 damn years to see that so its largely a historical statement at this point

Brook! and FJF like this.
  4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Its not a bitch move like going to Golden State but the pressure on the Nets won't be the same as what it would have been if he was in the Knicks. I'll be honest, I think that played a part of his decision. If he wins nothing in Brooklyn, I don't think anyone would care, but if he came to NY and didn't deliver it would definitely "hurt" his legacy. There have been people running around the last few years proclaiming that Kevin Durant is the best player in the NBA (Because they hate Lebron and know saying this will bother him), well Kevin Durant can silence all of his doubters now and win the Nets a title (assuming he is healthy)...

My prediction: The Nets don't win a title, Durant scapegoats Kyrie Irving at some point for not succeeding

Durant is still the bitch of the league, sure he won with the 73 win team but he is not Kawhi Leonard or Lebron James, he will not rise up and lead the Nets to the finals and win it all. I would LOVE for him to prove me wrong but I don't see it happening.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

See I totally understand being cautious about paying Durant coming off a torn Achilles, but what I don't understand is DOLAN making this decision. It should have nothing to do with him and this proves that Mills/Perry are still just shills. Nothing will change with the Knicks until Dolan sells the team.

#105 Sam Hammer, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Antoni likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I like SF getting Russell. Very good young developing player.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Was listening to a stream of Toronto Sports talk and one guy with knowledge of Kawhi's intentions was saying how he would have wanted to team up with Butler on the Clippers but now that he's going to Miami there is nothing for him with the Clippers. He was also saying how the Lakers are not his style and doesn't see him going there. Guy was pretty confident Kawhi was staying in Toronto

8. NYJalltheway

That's interesting. I think he's a perfect fit with the Clippers. I like others, don't want him going to the Lakers though.

9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Well it just got worse.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/01/investing/msg-networks-stock-kevin-durant-brooklyn/index.html
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/01/msg...s-could-have-covered-half-of-durant-deal.html

As it turns out, what the Knicks lost on the market today could have covered half of Durant's deal.

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...during-his-time-with-the-warriors-per-report/

Durant felt "underappreciated" in Golden State. Seriously, what did he expect? He joined a 73 win team..... It really makes you wonder what he was thinking when he went there, like did he expect that he was going to be heralded the savior and leader by joining a 73 win team? Guy seems way to emotional, and just not a leader at all.

I'm sure the Warriors (Klay, Curry, Green) probably chuckled to themselves inside, not only because they fooled him into thinking that he could be a part of them, but also because OKC was the only threat to Golden State, they probably knew the following year OKC was coming to beat them, but instead they toyed with KD and pryed him away. Truth be told, you can point fingers at Westbrook but if KD makes his shots in game 6, the Warriors go down, it was not Westbrook fault, it was KD's, he choked.

#110 SOXXX2, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    NYJalltheway likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

IMO that whole thing is a red herring. Durant was never coming to the shitshow that is the Knicks.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

There are Ewing and LJ jerseys hanging somewhere in the back of my closet, and I used to love watching the Knicks..... but I'll sadly admit, I quit giving a fuck quite awhile ago... and probably wont truly care again (fairweather fan status) until that dickhead sells the team :(

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Why would anyone, they tanked hard, the Nets appear to be much more well-rounded and less chaotic.

Maybe in four years the Knicks will have their shit together and they can lure Kawhi Leonard and his 6 rings to the Knicks. Four years is enough time to clean up the act.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Turkish NBA fans are citing some Reddit posts saying Kawhai to Lakers unless Clippers wow him in their meeting.

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

heard the opposite from Canadian sports radio, that he wanted to pair up with Butler on the Clippers but now that hes in Miami Ckippers are a no go and that he is not interested in Lakers

we'll find out soon

16. NYJalltheway

Well I heard on Midwest Radio he wants to go to the T-Wolves!

(Not really)

17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

You bet!

Brook! likes this.
  18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I heard he's a lock to the Knicks, just like Kyrie and Durant were.

:D

NYJalltheway likes this.
  19. BrowningNagle

man just a couple months ago we had dreams of a big three of Zion-Durant-Irving on the Knicks. :( there was even talk about Anthony Davis with Irving and Durant :( Elfrid Payton, Randle and R.J. Barrett are the big 3 now. Or should I say, the "medium 3"

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Which isn’t bad when you look at it as a natural progression. The biggest mistake the Knicks made was announcing to the world they are going to get 2 max guys.
    If RJ becomes a star, which isn’t out of the realm of possibility the Knicks will be good going forward. A lot of first round picks and tradeable contracts isn’t a bad thing.
    RJ,Knox,Randle, DSJ, Mitchell Robinson ain’t sexy but it’s a good young core.

NYJalltheway likes this.