Leonard Williams looks fat to me

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 16, 2018.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Big Fluffy is gonna have a career year to score him a fat contract.

But it will be entirely due to Big Cuddly playing like an animal next to him.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams’ wallet looks fat to me

abyzmul likes this.
  3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Only if you actually believe that contracts in each individual years pay totals is the same as per season money.

If his contract is 6 mil a year and was really backloaded why don you care? Why do you think if the back load the contract and he has a big final year number off of his rookie, slotted contract he all of a sudden has to play at a higher level?

Makes little sense, its the total dollars not what the final year pays.

FJF likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hopefully Leo took a long look at his pass rush snaps last year. When you think of Leo in the passing game, technique is rarely brought up. Needs to improve big time in that department, not so much the physical.

LF911SC likes this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

His contract wasn't back loaded. He was paid out his slotted 4 years for a total of $18,682,446
    The team pick up his 5th year option, which guarantees him $14.2 million for 1 year ,that's nearly equal to his 4 year total. When you pick up a players option year, you hope he plays up to that salary.

6. LF911SC

Got it, thanks, forgot this year was his 5th option

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Let's hope he lives up to it.
    With Q Williams on the line he should have a better stat line. Personally, I think he has been better than some of the fan base feels he has played.

MoWilkBeast and LF911SC like this.
  8. LF911SC

I totally agree.

Sports have become to much of a highlight reel mentality. Makes no difference if youre a really good DL. You have to have sacks. Have to have youre number sacking a QB on SportsCenter for anyone to think youre good, we've become to accustom with sacks being the end all be all.

Its like HRs and K's in baseball, slam dunks in basketball. If someone doest make splash plays too many think theyre not even average at their position. Ignores too much of the game. I'd rather have a DL who hits the QB multiple times a game without a sack than one who hit the QB once a game and ends up with a 16 sack season and has fans thinking hes dominant.

#308 LF911SC, Jun 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Leo is an absolute stud in the run game. Leonard needs to watch Q and how he rushes the passer. I didn't watch much of Q in college, but I went and took a look the past couple of weeks. His hand usage and ability to split defenders is top notch. Meanwhile, you watch Leo, his hand usage and ability to engage-disengage from blockers is really sloppy. He needs to somewhat create a plan for himself in terms of the combination of moves. We have Q, but if Leo doesn't improve his technique then he won't get more pressures on key downs.

Leo, still a very good player despite that, but could be so much better.

TonyFtLaud and LF911SC like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

$14+ mill that he gets this year is his 5th year option. they didn't have to pick that up. So the entire decision rests on if he is worth $14 million.

11. BrowningNagle

Leonard Williams coasts too much. Wilkerson rubbed off on him. I fully expect him to have a good season this year though considering its a contract year

12. LF911SC

I have to admit, I'm as tired as can be over the idea that Mo rubbed off on anyone. I havent seen a fall to LWilliams game. I dont see him playing lazy or not caring.

It a lazy excuse to just say hes another Mo.

And of course anyone and everyone who says this adds that they fully expect he'll play hard, play to a new deal and of course, the key, dog it moving forward.

Now if any of you can find anyone of merit who sees any of this, please let us know

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

ok, Wilkerson didn't rub off on him. Leonard Williams has just been lazy on his own. (not sure that's better)

14. LF911SC

Your opinion.

No one on any organization, not one single so called expert has said he was a dog. No announcer. No one other than you and those who only can grasp sack totals.
    Just a handful of fans on the internet that have no clue what hes like, how motivated he is etc. Hes doubled teamed every play while not being good or playing hard. I get it. He plays the run extremely well. To the internet experts those plays just happen, dont take effort. I get that too. They see a play, one play, where in ONE OF THE CAMERA angles it looks like he's close the ball carrier. Other angle shows the truth.

Hes not ADonald, grabbing lots of highlight plays with his sacks, I get that. The way he's been used he never was going to be a sack machine, But that doesnt make him a dog.

#314 LF911SC, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    FJF and cval like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

All you have to do is watch him during the games, dude. Last season and the season before he coasted. In general he never pursues the ball carrier from the weak side, even Wilkerson did that for a little while.

and it is NOT true that he gets double teamed every play. again, if you watched him play you would see that

16. BrowningNagle

the Cleveland game last year- the Jets embarrass themselves by losing to the Browns, their first win in 2 years.

The browns ran the ball consistently and very efficiently. Carlos Hyde, 100 yards and 2 touchdowns. Leonard Williams was on the field for 65 snaps. ZERO tackles. He coasted all game and he wasn't double teamed, watch the tape

thats why it pisses me off to see the Jets highlighting him, featuring him in the new uniform reveal, etc. Guys like him aren't team leaders, the Jets need higher standards

17. LF911SC

I've watched every single game hes played. Never have I thought he was a dog who didnt care. Not getting sacks doesnt make someone a dog.

He absolutely is doubled all the time. If you dont see it then I really dont know what to say to you. Everyone who watches knows this is true.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  18. LF911SC

Explains everything. Youre a stat sheet reader. Bad stat sheet equals coasting. LOL.

And now your infinite knowledge of the game has gone from hes a dog to he cant be a leader. Jets need higher standards.
    You learned a lot from one games stat sheet.
    You cant make this up.
    DL & OL. Two positions that scramble the brains of casual fans but somehow get the most over the top criticism

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Lazy?
    Let's just say he 'paces' himself.

There's been no "fall" to his game because he hasn't played to his promise.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

well you are wrong. if you watch and think he's giving max effort and doubled all the time then you aren't watching right. I suspect you just don't watch him though