Why shouldn't I become a Season Ticket Holder?

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Brook!, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No soup for you.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook another reason that you should NOT get season tickets is because even if you think you got the best of them and you are getting what you want = there will be other people out there that got a better deal than you even though the ticket reps told you what the offered you was THE BEST they could do = I lived this.
    BTW I got this comical e mail today and I replied to it with LOLOLOLOLOL = heres the e mail --->https://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets/offers/fathersday

3. Brook!

I know C I know. Let it be. Let them give me green parking with no preseason and I am OK with my deal.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just in case Brook and any of you others do not truly understand who you are dealing with in the Jets Ticket office let me share just one of my many not so brief stories. Now keep in mind this was not just one phone call or one email but this involved several e mails and too many phone calls to count and I did not just talk to ticket reps or flunkies but supervisors as well ,so here goes = going into the last season in the Meadowlands many people caught wind and were told of the upcoming PSLs in Met Life and they WALKED AWAY from their season tickets and they did not attend games that last year in the Meadowlands . My cousin had just gotten on the Jets waiting list and he gets a call from the Jets and they ask him if he is interested in season tickets in the old place with the possibility of getting access yada yada blah blah in the new place the following year. He tells them he is interested in tix for that year but that he cannot commit to the following season. The Jets give my cousin tickets on the 20 yard line downstairs lower bowl with no catch and no future commitment. Keep in mind its Springtime the season HAS NOT yet begun ----> now my cousin calls me up tells me what happened says that he just got on the waiting list that year and now has tix on the 20 yard line ( Jets sideline but I stray) so I call up the Jets. My tix were in sec 342 and I said screw this , I want to sit downstairs. The Jets Ticket Office told me countless times that "it can't be done " or "you were misinformed CBG " or we absolutely are not doing this " for anyone, not your cousin or anyone else " or "someone gave you false info ". Mean while I also knew other peeps who got seats that year........so eventually after all the yada yada and blah blah,,,can't be done ---> CBG got seats in the lower bowl Jet sideline near the goal line COVERED BY THE OVERHANG in case of rain.<---------THIS took months of calls and e mails. Good Luck Brook and others I have other stories as well but the moral to them all is that the NYJ Ticket office and Reps are lying sacks of shit that care about nothing but the dollars you have and they will do or say anything to get it from you !

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

Thanks C. I am well equipped to deal with them after your coaching. :)

CBG likes this.
  6. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I’ve live in Georgia since 2004 move from Uniondale Mercedes Benz Stadium is amazing I’m going to there preseason game with the falcons this year..indoor stadium is the way to go,do you really want to be outside in December ?? I went to a few jet games at the old giant stadium in December froze my Turkish off.. your better off waiting for the price of those big screen 8K TVs to come down with a nice recliner and not paying 10 bucks for a beer

Brook! and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Agreed, I went to the 2009 Jets Bengals, "Win and you are in" game, it was about 20 degrees out but it felt like 10. Next time the Jets play the Falcons, I am going to Mercedes Benz Stadium. That stadium cost just as much as Metlife, I believe.

I do need a new TV, I will be getting one before next season starts probably, or just wait until Black Friday.

jetstopgun likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook , I really think you should make it a conference call and possibly add myself and a few others on the line, I mean while your asking for FREE Green parking passes myself and a few others can say " Hi ,remember me ? You guys can still go fuck yourselves " just saying

Brook! likes this.
  9. Brook!

I will do it if you are serious

CBG likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook a wise man once said that "you are a good man sir " ,,,I was joking lol. BUT I did hear a commercial on the radio a short while ago and I might call the Jets up inquiring about season tickets only to mess with them and waste their time.

11. HorribleEverySingleSeason

It's an absolute disgrace that the Jets and Giants both have PSLs yet somehow couldn't afford to put a retractable roof on this dump. It's easily the worst stadium out of any of the recent ones that have been built. Fans of both teams got screwed.

snoballz, Brook! and Jets81 like this.
  12. snoballz

snoballz Member

There's been comments about this sprinkled in other threads but yeah, totally agree. I get that that labor and material may be higher in the NY Metro area but MetLife pales in comparison with MB and US Bank arena and they all cost relatively the same. Walking through the halls of MetLife feels like you're in a Home Depot. It has no soul... matches the lack of spirit in the stands since most of the fans are of the opposing team.

Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon. The Jets and Giants were clueless in who they were trying to cater. As I've gotten older, I want those amenities and rather not freeze my arse off in December. With millennials, it's all about the "experience" and I'm sure freezing their butts off to watch a football game ain't one of them.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook you asked the question
    Why shouldn't I become a Season Ticket Holder?

Answer = Yesterdays game.
    Its just as painful and cheaper to watch at home but at least you had great weather and hopefully a great tailgate

jonnyd and Brook! like this.
  14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

As it was this was the most expensive stadium ever built when it was opened. Can you imagine what it would have cost to put a roof on it with it being built in this area?

15. HorribleEverySingleSeason

It's not like the Johnsons and Mara familys couldn't have afforded it, especially with PSLs from both fan bases. All the money was sunk into the club seats and suites. The rest of the stadium absolutely blows.

16. Brook!

I think I got the answer.

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sorry Brook

18. WilliamSar

WilliamSar New Member

Do not give to me minute?

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jonny come back and play again enjoy the Panda

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have a hard enough time talking myself into seeing 1 game of 48 scrubs in action (53 less Darnold Bell etc) and enduring that faker Gase trying to Coach

Why would I want 8 more?

The Owner , thevTeam >>>>just one big Mistake