Robert Pattinson is THE BATMAN

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, May 31, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Batman has potential that almost every other super hero movie doesn't because he doesn't have any super powers. He's vulnerable. That allows character development beyond the crap that most of these super hero movies provide.

Most of these super hero movies suck because they all rely on a trick, super powers to remove them from any real vulnerability. They all follow a formula that's virtually identical to each other. The problem isn't who plays Batman, it's the story and writing that matters, followed by the direction. There has to be a story line people care about. There has to be characters that people care about.

Who plays him only matters if he isn't a functioning actor that can follow a script and story line. He will be whatever the story and direction says he will be.

Batman Begins created a story line full of characters that overcame human struggles. It had writing, direction and acting. It was a good movie. Bale is a good actor but it was the vehicle that made the movie. At the end of the day whoever plays Batman is restrained by the writing and the hollywood formula. It doesn't matter who plays him. He's going to be wearing a tuxedo when he isn't wearing a mask.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

All great points, @Biggs!

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Coming from the Dark Knight himself that's high praise.

dawinner127 and The Dark Knight like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

Filming has started on The Batman. Here are some updates:

[​IMG]
    Collin Farrell as The Penguin

[​IMG]
    Paul Dano as The Riddler

[​IMG]
    Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman

[​IMG]
    Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon

[​IMG]
    Andy Serkis as Alfred

I really like the cast. I love Matt Reeves directing. So far, so good! :cool:

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Looks good. I really hope they don't fuck this one up. For the reasons Biggs said, I didn't think Affleck was a horrible choice for the next Batman. Justice League was decent enough and I bought what he said. I just didn't think that movie nor Batman vs. Superman flowed well enough from a plot standpoint. None of the human was organic either.

They wanted to be like Marvel too badly. And should've realized that these are darker conflicted super heroes. Not goofy ones like Marvel. Suicide squad was probably dope before they went back and reshot it with jokes added.

Let the movies be dark! It's the reason the Dark Knight was so good.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You thought Justice League was decent? It was one of the worst portrayals of Batman on scene ever IMO.

The Dark Knight and JetBlue like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I thought the movie was. Batman was written terribly, but I thought the movie was better than all of complaints about it.

8. 101GangGreen101

I'll need to find you some good Justice League stories to read lol, the Flash also I couldnt stand him either. Kudos for sitting through it tho :eek:

9. The Dark Knight

Yeah, it will definitely be a serious vibe unlike the movies you said.

Can't wait to see what the new batsuit and batmobile look like.

10. The Dark Knight

11. The Dark Knight

Interesting set photos released of a stunt man in the suit:
    [​IMG]
    I like it because you can tell Bruce made it himself. Probably a prototype Batsuit to start out his career, then he will upgrade. The batcycle looks good too.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

Rumors are it will take place in year 2 of the Batman regime

13. The Dark Knight

[​IMG]
    The Batmobile looks awesome!

14. The Dark Knight

No surprise with the coronavirus and being unable to film, but The Batman has been delayed from June 2021 to October 2021. Not a big deal, but it will be interesting to see how new films do while being in the middle of production, then shutdown because of quarantine, then eventually back to filming.

15. The Dark Knight

Pretty cool logo. Excited for Fan Dome this weekend!

16. The Dark Knight

Amazing trailer!!!! Looks so good.

JetBlue likes this.
  17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That does look good. Matt Reeves is a great director and story teller so he would have had to have been completely misguided in his interpretation of Batman for this not to work.

although WW 1984 looks terrible (and I like the first one), DC is hopefully moving in the right direction with their future projects, and seemingly at the right time as Marvel has nothing interesting on the docket and is likely on its way out. I’m not even sure X-Men and F4 can save them.

but with this, paired with Joker and the Snyder Cut of JL, these are interesting movies and what I want to see of these characters.

On that topic, I wasn’t a fan of MoS, and although BvS was bad I thought it was interesting and wanted to see Snyder’s JL. But Whedon’s Justice League is arguably one of the worst super hero movies of all time (he even managed to outdo his awful Avengers AOU). I’d sooner watch the 90’s Captain America straight to video again than it (at least the opening fight with Red Skull was great for it’s time).

18. The Dark Knight

Hey, someone else posted in here! Good.:D Although, I don't mind talking to myself about The Batman. That is how excited I am! Agreed, Matt Reeves is great.

I am interested in The Snyder Cut too, but I wasn't big on Man of Steel or Batman v. Superman. They were okay, but not my style. So when I saw Justice League, I just took it as a popcorn movie and had fun with it. If you were a fan of those and saw how Whedon ruined it, I could see how you would say it is the worst super hero movie, but overall it was okay. The Steppenwolf CGI was literally the worst ever though. So a 4 hour Snyder cut probably won't be great, but it will be interesting and far superior to what we saw in theaters.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Ultimately MoS and BvS are not good movies, but they are at least interesting. I applaud the creativity of what Snyder was doing even if I didn’t like it, and was interested in seeing it concluded. My interest in the Snyder cut is wanting to see that story concluded as it was intended, and Whedon’s Justice League was not its conclusion.

20. The Dark Knight

Yeah, agreed with that 100%. The way Warner Bros. messed with Justice League and Suicide Squad is mind blowing. They chopped both up as if it was doing the films a favor and both were literally shit. Not fair to the film makers or the fans. Again, I doubt either film would have been great, but definitely better than what we got.