The Official 2018-19 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Both teams play a very physical game, the difference is Boston has more firepower than the Blues and they are capitalizing on their opportunities.

Blues had same PP opportunities and couldn’t generate any offense.

I believe they have figured out JB as well, if that’s the case it’s over in 5.

Go Bruins!

#281 Red Menace, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep definitely feels that way. One game can change a series, the problem for the Blues is, I think that game was Game 3.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It ain't over yet, boys and girls.

The Dark Knight and Ralebird like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're still alive!

5. The Dark Knight

Bruins with some injuries, in a 2-2 series, the Blues definitely have new life.

CBG likes this.
  6. statjeff22

Blues make it 3-2, with the chance to win it at home on Sunday. If they do it they will finally win a Cup, in their 52nd season, longer than any other team has taken (of course various teams haven't won it yet, but they haven't been around 52 years).

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

so I literally turned the game on a minute before the Blues 2nd goal and all I can say is HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THE REF NOT MAKE THAT CALL ? He was looking right at the play, don't get me wrong I want the Bruins to lose but that was just some horrible officiating right there. I mean instead of a 1 nothing game and the Bruins on a Power Play they are down 2 nothing there.

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

CBG, nhl refs are hitting an alltime low this season, they are terrible.....go Blues!

CBG likes this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The only thing I could think of is maybe the ref thought the Bruins player trailing Bozak pushed him into him.

It will be interesting to see how the refs call the next game. The Blues were living on the PK the first few games. Will that resume?

CBG likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

If it was the Capitals, I probably would have lost my mind. It was the Boston though, so I just shook my head. Horrendous officiating. Then the final score is 2-1, and that specific play gave the Blues a goal and potentially took one away from the Bruins. Just awful. Hopefully the Blues find a way to close it out on Sunday, but I hate stuff like that.

Makes me really appreciate the Capitals Cup run even more as it was not as controversial as many other team's Cup runs lately.

Speaking of which: Happy 1 Year Anniversary to the Capitals winning their first Stanley Cup! :)
    [​IMG]

Red Menace and JetBlue like this.
  11. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Blues winning is a hell of a story. No true elite talent besides tarasenko and he didn’t even have a great year. I suppose binnington is that elite talent. Where did this kid come from?

Blues just play an all around team game. As it should be played. Forecheck, defend, make smart passes.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Tyler Bozo should now make himself useful and slew foot Brad Marchand. While Schwartz, Sundqvist, Bouwmeester, Parayko & co. have all done yeoman's work, it's heartbreaking to think that little shit Robby Fabbri is still on the Blues' roster. That knock-kneed broken down little bust has proven to be about as useless as tits on a bull what with his team-worst -4 plus/minus rating. Can't understand why Doug Armstrong hasn't pulled the plug on that 'damaged goods' albatross already. . Anyway, let's hope the Blues close out the B-bitches by continuing to forecheck, defend, pass judiciously and slew foot surreptitiously. . : )

The Dark Knight and JetBlue like this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

unless there is same real late heroics it looks as if we are going to a game 7 ---its 2 nuthin with 12 minutes left

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Not a good game for the Blues. Terrible penalty leads to the first goal (seems they are getting called for boarding every game), God awful power play, soft second goal, and now a third just to make sure their fans have to sit there with no hope for the remainder of the game.

15. Are we really about to witness another stinking boston championship?

16. The Dark Knight

Game 7 for the Stanley Cup should be exciting, but it seems like the Blues just fell apart tonight. It will be tough to win Game 7 in Boston. Hopefully the Blues find a way to bounce back and get the win. That second goal allowed by Binnington was as weak as weak can be. I was cheering for St. Louis, but after that, I knew it was over.

CBG likes this.
  17. statjeff22

I thought an even worse goal was the fourth Boston goal. The Blues had gotten it back to 3-1, and while they probably weren't going to win at that point, the Blues player was pushed off the puck behind his net so easily it was embarrassing. That should never happen, especially if you're fighting to get back in the game.

18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Why does Boston have so many good teams?

I don't get it.

Looooooong frickin' dynasties too like the Russell Celtics and the current Patriots, Red Sox have won three championships since 2004 I believe, the Garnett Celtics won one a few years back now they have another team in another sport on the verge of winning a title?

Meanwhile in New York we don't win jack unless it's the Yankees and even they haven't been winning up to their usual standards lately. Jets & Knicks haven't won a championship in seemingly forever, the Mets have been okay at times still no titles.

It doesn't seem fair.

We deserve better.

19. The Dark Knight

The Bruins won the Cup in 2011 too. :eek:
    Yep. Throw in you are at home and a win away from the Cup, and it is beyond unacceptable play.

20. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I saw someone thinks fabbri is a bust lol dude is only 24 and tore his knee twice and hasn’t gotten into a rhythm. Rob Thomas has shined and is only what 19? Plenty of time for both

Looks like this game 7 could go either way. For those that understand hockey anyway.

#300 nyjetsmets89, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    joe and JetBlue like this.