GM Interviews To Start This Week

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

uh oh hes bailing again lol

abyzmul likes this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Sorry but I respectfully agree.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

How do you know what he is asking for?

Ralebird likes this.
  4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Reports say it’s over the budget for him to build his staff and perform his job.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That doesn’t not state that what he is asking for is unreasonable. We have no idea how much he is asking for his staff. It’s just as reasonable to think he is trying to hook his boys up above reasonable market value.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no its not. It is a fact that the Johnson's always go cheap with their staff. they've never paid a coach or GM above average as compared to the rest of the league and thats why they've never gotten one with experience prior to Gase.

-"Reason" would suggest they are trying to keep it cheap again.
    -Reason would not suggest that a guy who has worked his way up the ladder his whole career would want to blow his chance at a GM job to "hook his boys up above reasonable market value"

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I’m not saying otherwise.

I thought you asked how he knew and I just referenced the reports.

We should supply him or any candidate with all the resources necessary to perform their jobs to the best of their abilities. There’s no salary cap on that. Hopefully the Johnson bros do not blow this.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally, but respectfully disagree. That's utter nonsense imo It's some lie that was sold to you at some point in your life. Only a masochist and/or someone who has little or no self respect sticks with supporting a team that never gets anything right and has no chance of producing a champion. Being a fan takes a lot of time and emotional energy. We don't owe any team unlimited allegiance. We don't owe them continually getting disappointed, frustrated, or worse, becoming cynical which can carry over into other areas of life.

Would you stay married to your wife if she hit you over the head with a frying pan or kneed you in the balls every day? I don't think so. You'd probably try counseling, but if she refused to go or refused to change, you wouldn't live with that unless you were emotionally unhealthy. With a sports team, we don't have any other option other than to quit following the team. We can't fire the owner. We can't force him/her to learn and become better owners. There are a lot of posters on this site who are already burned out and sick of all the losing and incompetence and we've been rooting for this team for over 50 years. No one on this site who hasn't been through with this team what we who have rooted for the team that long has the right to judge those who have. You're entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't mean squat to those who see things as I do. Misery loves company, and people will try to guilt others or brow beat them into hanging around and being miserable too. I'm not playing that dumb game.

#368 NCJetsfan, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

It isn't about who the GM is, nor did I say it was. It's about having a quality GM who knows how to evaluate talent, who can build a winner, and does. Read my response above in post #355. I don't think Gase is the type to hang around with a stupid owner who gives him no chance of winning. I think Bell would sit out again, or would gripe so much that the team would be forced to trade or release him. If the OL doesn't get fixed, Gase leaves, and another defensive-minded HC is hired, Sam may get disgusted and leave.

I never said that the majority of fans would abandon the team, but I don't think it's as small a number as you do. I'm sure that young/new fans wouldn't stop following/rooting for the team, but I believe that older fans would grow tired of spending their money, time and energy on something that gives them little or no hope or pleasure.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I’d tend to believe more fans side with my opinion rather than yours , but that’s fine ... I’m a Jets fan until my last breath & that will never change no matter what .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acad23 likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

More fans may see things your way, and that's fine. I have no problems with that. That doesn't make you/them right and me wrong or me right and all of you wrong. We each can only act based on how we see things, how we think. Based on the results of some research I heard about recently, I'm realizing more and more that many of us are hardwired differently in how we see things, how we think, and that determines every aspect of life...whether we are conservative or liberal, are a person of faith or not, an optimist or pessimist, etc. It doesn't make one side always wrong and the other always right. There can be some truth in varying perspectives. The challenge is to try to "hear" where others are coming from, listen respectfully, ask questions, and try to keep emotion out of it. I think more often than not, that the truth lies somewhere in the middle of opposing extremes.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Do you have a link for this? You need to start citing sources, because the only place I found anything that suggests this is from some unnamed source on twitter

Ralebird likes this.
  13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Seriously and I’m a say this in this most polite way but GTFO my face with that BS.

Do your own damn research.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

This is a one time thing for guys who can’t

1. Do their own research
    2. Don’t have cable
    Or 3. Just trying to start so shit around here

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Now please GOMD.

16. 101GangGreen101

Everyone else here posts sources, but apparently you are too good to post sources. Take that crying shit elsewhere.

That's all you had to do post and move on.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

its friday afternoon so La Canfora is already proven to be wrong

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

All you had to do was look it up your damn self.

19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Possible. I do find it out nothing has come out yet.

Either a deal is done and everyone is tight lipped or they’re still thinking about it.

Almost similar to the coaching search actually.

20. 101GangGreen101

Nah im good. Thanks for posting the source, good job.

abyzmul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.