A POSITIVE New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, May 24, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fine. I have freely admitted that in the past I was uncivil, responded disrespectfully and acted like a jerk at times, and apologized. Perhaps I deserved your response. I'm sorry that you can't accept my apology and not hold a grudge, but that's your right. Don't talk to me about being childish, however, if you can't let bygones be bygones, and not hold some petty, childish grudge. Since I returned, I HAVE been civil and respectful in my responses. He's definitely entitled to his opinions, and I said as much, and even said I could understand where he's coming from, so perhaps you need to take a look at yourself in the mirror.

I had no hissy fit, but you obviously have an agenda and are entitled to your opinion, so carry on.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You do realize the Jets have hired a new head coach and fired an ineffective GM....signed some really good free agents.

If that's not a "change in direction"...I don't know what to tell you.

And as far as Post #27...

NCJetsfan said:
    I wasn't a fan of Gase and didn't want him as HC of the Jets, but have to say that I like most of what I've seen so far: his leadership, his no-nonsense approach, his decisiveness, and with the right GM could possibly set us up for a golden age of Jets football. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but it's hard. I haven't seen a HC like this since Parcells. Even though he made some mistakes in Miami and may not have fully learned the lessons from those mistakes yet, I like that he is an experienced HC and isn't going to have to learn how to be a HC on the job.

I said:
    Can you tell this^ to @Ralebird
    He's been quite upset with the direction of the team lately.

That's what pissed you off? That I pointed out that you didn't like the direction of the Jets?

Isn't that exactly what you've been saying?

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's annoying. You don't get to characterize me as "upset," I'm perfectly capable of doing so if that's how I feel. I don't get upset about such trivial things as this entertainment called the NY Jets. I do get upset when people attempt to put words in my mouth, or keyboard.

The words I type are what I've been saying, not what you might think they are. I had not had any interaction with you at all in the thread, you had no reason to make your phony characterization. If it was an attempt at humor it failed as did the Coslet comment, whatever that was supposed to mean.

If you really cannot understand what I'm saying either ask me or leave it alone. I don't have a lot of respect for people here who chirp about others without doing so and often getting things wrong.

#103 Ralebird, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Jets69 likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You still sound upset.

I'll leave you alone.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Ralebird

That's fine because you still don't seem to understand how mischaracterizing someone else's viewpoint is wrong.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Whether you leave him alone or not, he will keep going lol

It has become amusing now. It was annoying at first, but now it's getting fun to read

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I get it.

You don't like Adam Gase.
    You don't like when Mac was fired.
    You think Gase has too much control.
    You don't like that Gase got rid of Lee & Leggett.
    You think the Jets are on a downward spiral.
    You don't understand the optimism.

Isn't that your viewpoint?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This thread sucks already.

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  9. Ralebird

Yeah You get it. The problem is you get it wrong! And worse than that, you don't seem to care.

For the record:

I neither like nor don't like Adam Gase - I don't even know Adam Gase. I was not in favor of hiring Gase, the Coach because he has a history of failure as a head coach and no record of success in coaching in general and also has a history of being a job hopper and has problems getting along with people from the bottom to the top. After the deal was done, however I adopted a wait-and-see attitude as I've done before in similar circumstances.

I neither approved of nor criticized the departure of MacCagnan. I did criticize the appointment of Gase the GM because I don't believe he has shown any qualification for the job and already has plenty on his plate as Head Coach.

The two statements above should clarify how I feel about the amount of control Gase has been given if you're still confused.

I do not like that Gase acted hastily in making personnel moves when time was not of the essence and he is purportedly acting as Gase, the GM only in the interim.

I know the Jets are on a downward spiral as their record shows. ("You are what your record shows you are.") Will that change? Hopefully, but that is yet to be seen.

I understand the optimism completely but have not yet seen how it is warranted.

In summation: NO! Your characterization is far from correct and you'd be much better off characterizing your own viewpoint than mine. If you have any more questions you can certainly ask but I suspect you'll continue to make up your own answers anyway.

#109 Ralebird, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
  10. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I am not trying to shit on the "Positive" thread, but I agree with all these parts. I don't see much cause for the positivity other than Darnold. Personally, I haven't been this low on the Jets since the Kotite years.

Go on being positive! I hope you're all right and I'm wrong.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't let @Ralebird get you down.

Everything will be fine.

FJF likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You should be feeling pretty good. Bowles and Mac are gone. Rex is gone. Idzik is gone. The last 8 years have been rough, and most of the people (besides ownership) responsible for it are gone. The Jets have a completely fresh start right now. Put the past in the past.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I have no love for Bowles.
    I have no love for Mac.
    I have no love for Gase.

And the worst part--the Jets have come right back to the "force a coach on their GM candidate" that netted them Idzik. So the likelihood the new GM will be worthy of love.....nil.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

Yeah, it is fine to have no love for Gase yet, but we don't know how things will turn out. So you could at least be optimistic about the potential of the Jets being better with Gase than it was with Bowles. It would be literally extremely difficult for Gase to do worse. That can be looked at as a positive, even if you don't like Gase and think he is a bad choice to lead the team, at least they are going in a different direction than they were going. Nothing close to the Kotite Era.

NYJetsO12 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Oh dear lord please everyone stop the fucking childish shit back and forth beyond 3 posts each...

Just let it play out

We know those who see a possible good future

And

We know those who see a possible bad future

For Gods sake let it go- please!

Grow up already

Lets see what happens

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

A picture is worth a thousand words

[​IMG]

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . Fake sincerity? . I respectfully disagree.

20. The Dark Knight

Great stuff, @Big Cat! I truly believe Sam will follow that pattern, but may make an even bigger jump than your average QB. Loved the SI article too. Thanks for posting.