A POSITIVE New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, May 24, 2019.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What right do you have to call anyone "demented?" That alone should be grounds for a vacation. Don't bother foisting your obsession with misery on me, either - it does not rationalize or excuse your own shortcomings any more than it describes me and it certainly is not part of the "civil discussion" you falsely claim to be carrying out.

By your own words you are disgusted, frustrated and depressed which many sane people would see as the road to destruction.

"this team is amazing at how it can rip our hearts out, disgust, frustrate and depress us. I've been there myself."

It's honorable that you recognize this in yourself but do not make the mistake of trying to transfer your admitted problems to someone else, particularly me when I have stated many times that I don't let the fortunes of a sports team, a simple entertainment device, have an effect on my life. I also do not feel threatened by people with visions and opinions that differ from my own. I do take issue, however, with those who would push their own twisted characterizations of what I write rather than take what I have written at face value. If there is a question of understanding I'm always available to clarify.

If you are a man of your word your tirade* will be over; save your fake sincerity and sorrow for someone else, I don't need it.

*ti·rade
    /ˈtīˌrād/
    noun
    noun: tirade; plural noun: tirades
    1. a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation.

joe, BacktoQueens and MoWilkBeast like this.
  2. Ralebird

If you want to see what set this all off check post number 27. Then you might look at number 33.

Dealing with specific quotes rather than mischaracterizations could make this a much better forum.

#82 Ralebird, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
  3. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

Is anything you’ve posted relevant to this thread?

4. Ralebird

Well, Sam, since you asked, the first things I posted in this thread were posts number seventeen and eighteen. Why not take a look and get back to me with your opinion?

5. ZachMFWilson

ZachMFWilson Active Member

It looks like you mustered up all the positivity you could and someone talks about what you’re possibly thinking (#33)instead of what you were actually saying.

6. Ralebird

Perhaps I let that get the better of me. Thank you for your unbiased opinion.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Damn Ralebird, you've really gone "off the rails"

But I'm enjoying watching you dig yourself deeper and deeper into obscurity. This is entertaining. Pointless and does not belong in this thread, but damn amusing!

Continue on!

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. Ralebird

More vague characterizations? Perhaps you'd care to address something I actually wrote?

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

"I'm done with you", lol. Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time taking you calling anyone demented and miserable and lecturing them about being positive when you were done with the team after Gase was appointed - only to crawl back out from under your rock again a few weeks later after you had recovered from your childish hissy fit. As for trying to carry out a civil discussion, try looking in the mirror. I don't agree with @Ralebird often, but he's entitled to post his opinions, as you are yours.

joe and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Lol positive Jets thread seems to have taken a turn smh :rolleyes:

11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

On a more positive note, after a couple days of deprivation, my dog again decided to snuggle me this morning.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Too much gay in this thread. I hope that helped.

joe and The Dark Knight like this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

You got a problem with dog snuggles?

14. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I'm entering my 55th year (no typo) as a Jets fan. Can't wait for this season to begin. :)

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Show me the wins....

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It did, @jetophile. Thank you! :D

Nothing would be more positive than that! :)
    Yeah, let's get it back on track: Loved watching CJ Mosley's press conference. I think he is going to be a great leader for the Jets defense. Actually, the potential is there for the Jets to have a top defense. The #2 CB spot and pass rush is still potentially questionable, but I like all of the other positions. People keep forgetting about Marcus Maye due to health issues, but if he can finally stay healthy in Year 3, he could also have a break out season.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Maye is a guy that raises the level of this defense when he’s on the field ... i the Jamal has more confidence when Marcus is on the other side .
    People act as if he’s been in the league for 5 years and keeps missing time ... I can see MM being an all pro this year if he can stay healthy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You've got the floor, Mr. Positive.

I'd love to hear those "facts".

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Can we take a vote on that?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Ralebird

The facts are there, as posted, 10-6, 5-11, 5-11, 4-10. That direction is clearly downward. The explanation is there as well - here it is again:

I'm not happy with a team that shows their "direction" is downward. That is fact! It is not an interpretation - it is fact! Now some of you may be wishing and hoping that things will get better, as I do, but there has been no change in direction and there can't be one until they start to compete on the field with the rest of the NFL.

Now tell me about how positive post 27 was, how necessary it was and what it accomplished.