PSL Default repercussions

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JetsNation06, Feb 16, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

@Since1969: Thanks for the clarification. I've posed this question several times, but I really am dying to know from a current PSL owner what the original wording of their PSL Agreement is. Then call the lyin' ass Jets FO, say you'd like an original copy for your records (don't lie and say you've misplaced it until you hear what they say), then compare it line by line and see if it's the same to the letter. No-one has taken me up on it yet. It would not surprise me one bit if those shady bastards either a) altered it somewhat and then lie and say we notified you or b) it is not our responsibility to provide that (like crooked insurance companies who ripped off homeowners affected by Hurricane Sandy). If it IS the same there has to be some legally worded loophole as you suggested that gives them 'legal' wiggle room to screw people over or as Gordon Gecko said, the judge is an ass wipe or is pulling a Tom Brady deflategate move here. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't want to upset the apple cart or has a personal interest. Color me jaded. Anyway, people also have to keep in mind my experience with the Jets FO from the inception of The New Dump abomination is that the lying for the MOST part been strictly verbal. What I wouldn't do to have some of those phone calls recorded.

I mean, do you really think the wording is slanted as to be so beyond nebulous that they can do whatever the hell they want? And get away with it? WHAT'S THE FRIGGIN' POINT OF THE CONTRACT THEN?! The point of the contract was SUPPOSED to be exclusivity with certain things (i.e. concerts - it never materialized), and built in protections for PSL owners that they can't mess with them 'any way they see fit'. Tell you what I got out my exasperated rep as per our last conversation. Why do I care so much about the PSL when I don't own one, and me saying so the only real difference is transfer rights whereupon I once again got floated a bunch of garbage about points and concessions and special events blahbeety blah.. Me: "So you're actually telling me to my face that the Jets can do whatever they want to their paying customers in a PSL Section just because they can? What if someone who paid $25K per in Section 139 all of a sudden has people sitting next to him as first time season ticket holders and they're paying zero? And what if the $700 seat price has been reduced for those first time buyers to $200 each? $90 each?" "The Jets can do anything to anyone at anytime in order to fill the Stadium." No joke. That's when I threw up my hands. Final straw in a long line of lies and indignities.

I know I am repeating myself ad nauseum in this post between here, 17a's thread, and the Lyin' Jets FO thread, but one of their tactics to get me to buy a PSL was that I had no protection from having my tickets stripped from me in the UD at any time. But . . . why would you do that? Because we can. It was like a veiled threat with my arm twisted behind my back, screwing up my seniority that I could prove in writing, and what amounted to a long litany of being treated like crap in a confluence of bad events. Well, because you can apparently also applies to PSL holders. The firm that took this on obviously saw some decent merit to it but also the lure of snagging a judgment against an NFL franchise, the potential for payoff was too strong to resist and I don't blame them. The problem as I see it is that the Jets have a legion of corporate lawyers who will argue this to death and probably keep it in the courts until 2025 if the judge on the 3rd circuit doesn't overturn it.

That, and the little guy going up against the big guy and Woody Johnson having friends in high places. I wouldn't be surprised either if the entire NFL owner arsenal gets involved if it pushes forward. I'm not a kooky conspiracy theorist, but if the last few years have taught my anything, between spying on citizens and everything else, somebody is always somebody else's bitch and you can curry favor legally by playing nice so you get re-elected. Anyway, I'm not only putting the cart before the horse, I'm putting 20 carts before the horse. I hope you are right that there is a ray of hope.

#181 jetophile, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Here's the PSL agreement. In comparison, the Manhattan phone directory is a real page-turner!

As to the fairness of it all, this is what is called a contract of adhesion because the parties don't stand on the same footing. To the fan, it's take it or leave it. There are no negotiations because the parties do not have equal bargaining power. Again, take the boilerplate contract that the club puts in front or you or walk away. Because the fan always has the option of refusing to sign the contract and walking away, this type of contract is usually considered not too unfair to enforce.

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/01172018_Club_Seat_License_Agreement.pdf

#182 Since1969, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  3. jetophile

^Hi @Since1969 , ha, I'm getting loopy, I've read it before and actually posted it, too. I'm just curious to know if it CHANGED.

4. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I don't hold a PSL so I've sort of just been following the thread in here as a detached observer. From the beginning, the whole concept of a PSL bothered me and seem like a sleazy money grab.

5. jetophile

Well, h-e-l-l-oooooo, everyone! I just got my latest email from the Jets trying to shill tickets to me yet again. This was through them & Ticketmaster (no longer NFL Ticket Exchange (?), even though that was Ticketmaster, anyway) game by game (no parking pass obviously). So I says to myself I says I'll play. I hit in Sections 139 & 239 for shiggles. Guess what? I found two seats in Sect 139 Row 4 on the 50, $324 per (PSLs were 25K in both sections, $700 per). Eat shit Woody Johnson and your virulent shitty Jets FO. When you're right, you're right. Yeah, I'm chest thumping like an endangered mountain gorilla right now. I also found seats in my section for $22 but several rows behind where we used to sit. Hahahaha. Can't wait to hear from Gordon Gecko.

6. jetophile

I also wanted to zip this to @HorribleEverySingleSeason and @Donewithfootball. To @Royal Tee, my actual former seats are going for $32 for the Colts game. The Jets FO still has the tenacity to constantly solicit me and invite me to 'exclusive events' after throwing me under the M34 bus. I can't even unsubscribe to their nonsense (probably because I'm stupid). Kiss my foot, you punk ass hump lying bastards and fukk your POS Palace. I should call the FCC and report them for harassment for a cheap thrill. No, I'll wait, because revenge is a dish best served cold.

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Woooooow...and the ones with actual tickets get nada.

8. jetophile

What do you pay for your tix per in your Section for you and Dee now? If I recall correctly, your two PSLs were 2,500 clams each AT THE TIME. I'm sure that's long since been been paid off, but what I really want to know is if your Section is one of areas that the Jets FO went full out screwing the populace with no shame. Do a good deed, and satisfy my curiosity.

My suggestion is to re-buy on the secondary market. Ticket price will be the same, better seats for less money anywhere your heart desires.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

We got 2 for 1 on the PSL's aorn our seat prices are $95 and our section is no longer PSL. So basically that 2500 is ...poooof

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I wonder how many fools bought PSLs after the home opener hype

THESE JETS TICKETS ARE GONNA BE BIG!!! GOTTA GET IN NOW WHILE YOU CAN!!!

11. jetophile

The world is running out of burial space. That's a fact and a real thing. The New Dump is a viable solution to this problem. Fill the place with stiffs, look good on TV that there's not an empty seat in the house.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

They are way ahead of you. I'm sure you've noticed the different colored seats at the spaceship, they did that intentionally to have the illusion of more people in the stands when the stadium is empty.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its alot harder to tell now than when they were red seats. the entire nfl is an optical illusion.

14. balls777

balls777 New Member

So i am assuming there have been no repercussions at all from folks who did not continue payment on their PSLs and if tickets were sold on say stubhub Jets could not invalidate tickets since they were transferred

15. jetophile

That it was.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Repercussions ? They are begging people who walked away from PSL's and tickets to come back ! They would welcome you back with open arms but the real question is WHY would anyone go back ? I mean they lost me and that was forever they could not give me tickets .

JetsNation06 likes this.
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Looking back on when I created this thread over two years ago I must say it was one of the better decisions I made. So glad I'm not an indentured servant to the Johnson & Johnson circus anymore.

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JN06 , yes good thread, I posted this in the NEW STADIUM THREAD the other day but maybe I should have put it here also = actual letter from the Sales Office to a friend =

Hi ----------,
    Hope all is well. I left you a voicemail recently hoping to connect in regards to a special seating offer on behalf of the NY Jets.
    After reviewing your account, we’ve noticed that you have a substantial credit remaining from when you previously were a season ticket holder. We want to give someone like you, who supported the team through all of our recent ups and downs, a chance to come back as a season ticket holder now that the team has such an exciting future.
    What we are offering is the chance to reinstate all of the money you previously invested towards your PSLs and apply it towards a new license in any seating location. As mentioned, this is a one-time offer and is time sensitive.

If interested, please call me to discuss further – 973-549-%%%%.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Best Regards,

insert name here lol

Account Executive, Ticket Sales and Service

New York Jets

Atlantic Health Jets Training Center

1 Jets Drive, Florham Park, NJ 07932

973.549.&&&&&

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Same Old Garbage. Thanks for sharing CBG.

CBG likes this.
  20. HorribleEverySingleSeason

I got this same bs email and got a phone call about it as well. Told them to pound sand.