Gase Quotes From Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, May 20, 2019.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The talk of Paradis being in NY ready to sign is just as much speculation as the talk that he didn’t want to play in NY. The fact is none of us have any clue what the real story is and never will.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

My question is then..

If you applaud him for making a scene and causing all this chaos, then why do you also give him credit for his wording with our current situation, then cover it up with, "he doesnt want to create stink".

You say you dont get why so many are upset.

I say, I dont get why so many are making excuses for a HC who has undermined, manipulated, showed his ass, lied consistently, and is doing the EXACT same things he did in Miami.

It's obvious and extremely telling for me, especially when you consider this guy hasn't done a damn thing to warrant any of the excuses or power that Jets fans like yourself are giving him.

That's just me though.

Maybe I'm wrong.

I dont think so, but, perhaps I am.

We shall see.

BacktoQueens, CBG and Noam like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree Gase is doing the same thing he did in Miami. Having said that, the results have been the firing of an incompetent GM, the trade of a borderline draft bust, and the release of a tight end who probably wouldn't have made the roster anyway. Gase may not have performed well in Miami, but he still performed better than any of the guys he just ousted here. Now if Gase does something really dumb, then I'll jump on him. But so far he hasn't.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Mac completely Neglected the offense by not adding a center. It was the biggest hole in the offense as a whole. Paradis was in town expecting to sign and never got an offer.

Of course Gase is going to talk up Harrison at this point because he knows he is stuck with him. He is quoted as saying both he and Sam are "comfortable" with Harrison at center. Not happy, not excited, but comfortable. They are comfortable because they have not choice but to be, because Mac fucked up and didn't get one of the two prime free agents in here to protect his franchise QB.

Gase is a super Type A ego driven guy, but hes not dumb enough to state to the press that we fucked up by not getting Paradis signed. read at least a little between the lines ffs.

5. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

He sounds thrilled

6. IIMeanDeanII

Read between the lines?

Hot damn, that's my exact sentiment towards all of you consistently making excuses for, Gase.

Odd how that works, eh?

Mac "completely" neglected the offense because he didnt pick up a center that Gase wanted?

Do you realize how silly that sounds to a lot of us out here, reading between the lines as well?

That's not the way life works man. You dont get to take just the bad or just the good. You take the good with the bad.

I gave you far more reasons on the GOOD Mac did to improve this offense. You then come at me, over the fact we didnt sign a center, acting like that is the be all end all argument.

It's not.

If memory serves me, we picked up one of the top centers in FA just last year? That didnt work out to well, did it?

See, a lot of times, there is a reason why these guys are free agents. A lot of times, it's because they werent good enough to be on their former team any longer. Sometimes it's about money. This situation with Paradis, wasn't about money with his former team. So, what does that leave us with?

We had Harrison who played good enough to earn a shot, Mac banked on that, it's not like Harrison was the worst player even on our line last year.

Again, for the second time now.

So, you're telling me, he will oust other players on our roster, newly acquired players even, but he crosses a line with Harrison? Huh?

So, he's comfortable putting a bad taste in the mouths of players like Bell and Mosley, who should be far more impactful than Harrison, but, Harrison is the standard for, Gase?

I mean, its just silly to me.

So before you come at me, as if I'm some brain dead poster that doesnt put thought into where I stand, perhaps you should take your own advice and go read between those magical lines for yourself.

K? Thanks.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I don't think you lack thought into your posts at all. I just think your wrong despite the thought you put into them.

Mac banked on Harrison. your seriously going with that? Harrison was bad, end of story. Was he better than Long? sure, because he could snap a ball. Long was seen as one fo the better free agent options last year, but no one was about to confuse him with a guy like Mangold, or .. Paradis. Paradis was seen as one of the better centers in all of football until his injury. Now maybe he comes back at 90% or maybe not, but not bringing anyone in to challenge Harrison is an extreme mistake. Mac has been on record as saying Oline could be drafted later or acquired as UDFA's and coached up. its perhaps the dumbest position to ignore in all of football outside the QB.

Oh and Paradis's situation with Denver was all about money. He knew he was about to get paid and they didn't have the cap space. He signed for 9 a year, they have 10 mill total in cap space left this season. So either your willfully ignorant of the situation and making stuff up to support your self or just outright lying on that point.

You don't get to take the bad without the good. Mac made some good picks. Adams jumps to mid as a good one, but he was awful on almost every pick outside of the top ten. His free agent signings, as you alluded to with long, where beyond terrible. He needed to go. I'm no big gase fan, but Mac being gone is a plus. Lee being gone is a plus, and Legg t was jsut a body that barely deserves any comment let alone people such as your self bashing the move.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not covering anything up. His comments on Harrison were before Mac was fired, and I think afterthe draft. He said that his intention wasn't to get Mac fired, and inferred that it was just to get his needs and perspectives heard. He complained privately to individuals, colleagues and friends and to Chris Johnson, but never trashed Mac publicly. I'd say that was trying to avoid a controversy and making a public spectacle of the team. He was trying to prevent a circus. He had already voiced his displeasure to Chris over the Paradis situation. What was he supposed to do, trash Harrison publicly? Then he would have had no center at all to work with. He was caught between a rock and a hard place. Signing Paradis was no longer an option, nor was drafting a starting center. I'm sure that he had hoped that Mac would draft a C, but knowing that we didn't have a 2nd round pick, I'm sure that he knew that the odds of getting a C in the draft after the 2nd round who could start this year were nil.

I admit that things with Gase could blow up, and that I could be wrong. I just think it's too early to panic. IMO many of the posters who have had the biggest reaction jumped to a conclusion and were too quick to condemn Gase. I think that many of them supported Bowles and Mac or at least gave them the benefit of the doubt and took a wait and see approach, but they aren't doing that with Gase. Perhaps it's because they never wanted Gase as HC, but I didn't, either. Yet, I'm willing to wait and see what happens. Perhaps it's because that these posters and perhaps you think that you were fooled by Mac and Bowles and are concerned or paranoid about that happening again so are being quick to jump on the first signs of trouble. Perhaps it is that you and others can see things more clearly than I and others who are taking a calmer, more wait and see approach.

One of the things that is helping me stay calmer is the self-imposed two month hiatus I took from this board. I let a lot of my frustrations and angst with this team go. I was tired of being upset and angry with the Jets and other posters and allowed that to change my personality, making me less civil, more disrespectful, and act more like a jerk. I'm trying to leave that in the past and move forward. I desire to have peace and civility on this board and with the Jets. My getting bent out of shape isn't going to change what Chris Johnson does or what Adam Gase does or how anyone here thinks. The football season will be long as it is. If we can't have any hope or faith now, then it will be a long, miserable season waiting for something else to happen, go wrong and things to blow up.

We all make mistakes. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt initially and trust them until they no longer prove trustworthy. I know that others take the opposite approach. They don't trust other people until those people earn their trust. I don't know which one is better or healthier. I just know that the latter isn't me.

#68 NCJetsfan, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Gase had Pouncey in Miami and let him walk, he was never concerned with the o-line in Miami.You will see why once he starts play calling.. Bubble screens on first down every drive. Draws on anything over 3rd and 9s. Penalties I believe the fins were close to the top of the league if not league leaders in pre snap penalties in the Gase era. I am sorry to say this is the high point in the Gase hire, wait to you find out what kind of coach he is.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Are we expected to believe that the GM is responsible not just for the ninety guys who get to training camp but for the 37 who get cut to bring that roster down to the 53? The head coach of the team doesn't have a say in who gets cut? Gimme a break!

CBG likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Wasn't Pouncey constantly injured? You may be right, but it may also be that Gase called all of those bubble screens because he didn't trust the OL. Gase wasn't the personnel man in Miami. He may have been very unhappy with the OL players with which he was provided to make his offense work, and so had to do whatever it took to make it more effective.

12. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Ouch.

13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I think you are wrong...AG was the GM and did make personnel decisions.

14. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

This made me laugh because that's about exactly what I've been wondering myself.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

He weaseled his way into making personnel decision in Miami just like he's doing here, by working over a gullible owner.

Then he started shipping out any talented vet who he thought wasn't buying in... God forbid he inspire a player into buying in....foreign concept for this HC.

16. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I thought I specifically remembered him saying he wanted to play in Carolina because he's more of a country guy and liked the environment better. There was so much happening at the time maybe I got that wrong but I thought the Jets were offering him money and he simply chose to play in Carolina instead. I'm almost positive I read that on here anyway.... maybe it was inaccurate.

17. NCJetsfan

Chris Grier was the GM in Miami, not AG. Further Tannenbaum was there, and I think also had some input into personnel. I may be mistaken, but I believe that I read that AG had no voice in personnel there.

Pouncey started all 16 games in 2017, but missed 11 games in 2016, 2 in 2015, 4 in 2014, and 2 in 2013. Maybe that had something to do with it, maybe not. There may have been a philosophical or personality conflict between the two, but it's not unusual for players to be allowed to walk when they want too much money or have a conflict with their HC.

#77 NCJetsfan, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  18. NCJetsfan

Nope, I don't think he did. Even if he did, it was probably a potshot at Mac and the Jets for not extending him a contract offer. The Jets never offered Paradis a contract. They courted him, then Mac mysteriously never offered a contract. It was in the news just a few days ago that Paradis' agent said that he was in NYC with Paradis on the first day of FA and he was expecting a call from Mac with a contract offer. He said that he was ready to drive to Jets HQ and sign the contract.

19. IIMeanDeanII

Before you say they didn't have the cap space, you should probably look at who the broncos signed this past off season and what the contracts were. This is the basis for my argument. Reading between the lines and all.

Ja'Waun James they gave a 52 million dollar contract to, despite the fact that he as well, was often injured.

They gave two corners a Three Year, 10 Mill a year, contract. Callahan and Jackson.

I agree that Denver didn't have a boat load of cap space, however, if he was that important, at the contract he ended up getting, they definitely had the means to get it done. Especially since cap strapped teams consistently find ways to be creative to make that work.

This is my basis, this is my reasoning.

I do agree that the trenches are the most important aspects of a team, both sides of the ball.

So, no, I'm not lying or ignorant. It's basics for me, but what do I know. I maintain, if he was such an intricate part for that team, they definitely had the means to make that happen.

I'm not here to support Mac. I think he definitely did better than a lot on here make it out to be, I also think we can do better in the draft, so I'm not advocating this. I feel the initial points I've been making are getting lost in the wash somehow. My points are, I think Gase is a clown basically. I think this situation is a joke. I'm tired of my football team looking like a joke. When was the last time we sniffed the playoffs even? It's been a minute. Let alone make the playoffs.

I disagree with the moves Gase has made so far. I don't feel like even arguing it at this point though.

Straw that broke the camels back and all.

I'm just ready for this shit show to begin. Faster it gets here, the faster it can be over with.

Have a good one.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner