Gase Quotes From Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, May 20, 2019.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

You’re using them to say he threw a player under the bus. That’s public speaking, if Gase had reservations in private that’s fine because it wouldn’t get to the player. Once Macc got fired all this comes out to hurt Gae’s image.

Me saying he wanted Paradis isn’t the same because I’m not using it as propaganda to spread a narrative.

Footballgod214 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He was in town at the start of free agency expecting to get a call.

The call never came.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i get that, but doens't mean he has to be trading away players and making cuts. lee for a 6th is an awful trade. we'd get a better comp pick letting him walk after this season or seeing if a team suffers an injury and needs a quick replacement.

CBG likes this.
  4. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

The idea that the GM, scouting team, and the HC should for some arbitrary reason not all be on the same page, and should have limited communication with each other, is unsettling at best. And the fact we're even having this discussion indicates how adrift this team is, and us with it. We're shock-numbed by the magnificent incompetence and perpetual ineptitude that is the Johnson era Jets.

It's a clear sign of the anguish and frustration that when I logged in here after reading MacC was gone, there were already 40 pages in that thread. That doesn't come from simple garden variety mistakes and errors.

That said, of course we can only wait and see what happens from here. We're just fans. Or rather, just Woody's bitches.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

This guy does not have the personality to effectively lead.
    Two stops in a row, there is a lack of cohesion and plenty of finger pointing.

The players are gonna check out as soon as the chips are down.
    I'd have to assume Bell and Mosley are already not thrilled with the situation.

Noam likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If it's really true that most, if not all, NFL teams limit the input a HC has in player acquisitions, I'll be stunned! HOw can that make ANY sense? I mean really! Explain that to me. That is completely ass-backwards. Team hire coaches because of their supposed success, which is based upon the schemes and types of offense and defense they play. Don't you think that would require that they get players who fit those schemes? And how would a GM know this unless they had significant input from the HC? IOW: A HC's job is to create a grocery list - just like a Head Chef does - and gives it to the GM, who in turn transmits this info to the scouts and says "Find me these kinds of players". If it's supposed to work some other way, I would really like to hear from someone with first-hand knowledge and credentials to explain it to me.

7. LarryAlRalph

I'd suggest that's not unusual after you bring in players from more competent organizations. But here's a twist. Think about this: Pittsburgh, a supremely successful organization, refused to let the tail wag the dog, and Bell walked. The Jets gave it up like a prom queen for him. Am I the only one who sees this?

8. BacktoQueens

The Jets offer was comparable to what the Steelers were offering.

9. ColoradoContrails

I really hope you guys are wrong about Gase. And I wasn't in favor of him being hired in the first place, but if this goes to shit this quickly, it will shock even a Dark Sider like me.

But let's say it does. Who would you want to be the HC? Williams? He seems about tightly wound as Gase, so I don't know - "Frying pan"? "Fire?". If not Williams, then who? Are any of the other candidates they interviewed still looking for a HCing gig? If you're really rooting for Gase to be fired, then you need to have a valid replacement, so who is it? I think it's way too early to start a thread about this, so I'll leave the question here.

EMWTK

#49 ColoradoContrails, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. LarryAlRalph

Fair question. It can't be worse under Gase than it was Bowles ... can it?

#50 LarryAlRalph, May 20, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

Jesus, I hope not!

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

AG maybe a lying SOB... if he wins no body on this forum or any other will bitch. he sent Lee to KC and got a 6th, pre draft value was the same, Mac passed. Legget (spelling) was another flop that couldn't get on the field... GR!.

What I care about is a team that plays smart, is physically competitive and will win. When is the last time any of us saw that - esp. players that were smart and understand of situational FB. Hire the GM and lets see what plays out...

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

in terms of team inspiration, leadership, chemistry, cohesion....it absolutely could be worse.
    in terms of jettioning away players like he did in Miami, that also could become a problem.

CBG and Noam like this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Was Jarvis Landry really worth top recievers money?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

101GangGreen101 and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. LarryAlRalph

In the short term, yes. But if that's the case, it'll catch up with him. And us.

16. BacktoQueens

I'd be happy to be wrong about Gase.
    I hated the hire, but tried to be optimistic especially after hiring Williams, Pollack, etc..
    Thought maybe Gase had turned a corner and learned from past mistakes, and wanted more voices than those that just blindly agree with him.
    My least favorite coach in the last 20 years was Mangini, and Gase seems to be following his blueprint of doubling down on the second stop rather than evolving.
    Stubborn, bad leaders who think they are smarter than they are don't go anywhere in this league.

CJ has fucked up this offseason in epic fashion.
    First course correction has to be signing a GM that's very competent, and very independent of Gase, or no other HC will want this job.

Then you'd have to decide whether to keep Williams as HC, and try to find a good OC....
    Or find an offensive HC that would want to work with Williams.
    The options at this point of the offseason are going to be limited. I do like Williams, Boyer, Pollack, Cooter and some of the position coaches tho.

Noam likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but with all due respect, I have to disagree with your response. Todd Bowles a leader of men? A good character who would never cause this type of BS for his team? Todd Bowles was a comatose cipher. I think the team would have been better if he had shown a little passion and fire and sense of urgency. Rather than just stand there like a bump on a log without a brain in his head, I wish he would have caused a stink. IMO it's mindlessly stupid of a HC to just accept that your GM doesn't care about what kind of player you want or that you need for your system to succeed. Bowles stood no chance to succeed. At least Gase will, and if he fails, there will be no doubt who was to blame. IMO Gase not only did what was best for himself, it was what was best for the Jets and for Jets fans. I can't believe that some of you are so upset.

Adding Osemele, Bell and Crowder was nice, but that doesn't help when the offense begins with the C calling line protections and snapping the ball. Gase supporting Harrison could simply be a matter of not making waves and creating a stink. We'll see what Gase truly thinks of Harrison by the time the season begins.

#57 NCJetsfan, May 20, 2019
  18. BacktoQueens

CBG, SOJAZ and Noam like this.
  19. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

No one offered anything for him but Kansas City and they had that offer for over a month. So they jets should of held onto him and hot nothing?

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why posters keep saying the bold. He was never quoted as saying that. It was only speculations by posters. In fact, the opposite is true. Paradis was in NYC on the first day of FA. The Jets had been courting Paradis and his agent was prepared to drive to the Jets' HQs and sign a contract. Does that sound like Paradis didn't want to sign with the Jets?

#60 NCJetsfan, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019