Gase Quotes From Today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, May 20, 2019.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

If Gase says I need a Center to call protections and make adjustments at the line to help Sam and make Sam better and Macc says here’s a 17M dollar middle linebacker, I mean come on now there’s gotta be some accountability there and I like Mosley btw.

NYJetsO12, Harpua, Acad23 and 3 others like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

gase's job is to do the best with the players he has, not decide on the players.

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

This is how unsuccessful organizations are built.

4. GasedAndConfused

no it's not. the steelers have only had 3 coaches in their history and none had a say in the rioter and they are the definition of a steady winning franchise. successful franchises compartmentalize, follow chain of command, and have consistency at the top. unsuccessful franchises always make changes at the top, have power struggles and have muddy lines for chain of command and have owners who get too involved

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

One, Mac didn't neglect the offense by any means. Traded for an all pro gauard for peanuts, brought in the best RB in the league, and a high quality slot receiver.

The center argument is jank and completely fabricated, what I do know for sure, is Gase throwing his support behind our Center, and telling us as fans he's perfectly capable to handle the task this season.

So, what exactly am I to believe if all the things coming from Gase is complete drivel?

What does that say about the man?

I wasn't a fan of Todd Bowles but he was a good character who would never cause this type of BS for his team. He was a true leader of men, if he knew it was information that wouldnt be accurate, he would simply shut that shit down and not give an answer.

Everyone is building up this fabricated arguments for, Gase.

I dont know If it helps a lot of you sleep better but the writing is on the wall.

I hope I eat my words and if I do, I give everyone permission to give me shit.

I'm not the told you so kinda guy, so I wont go down that road, but if this plays out like I think it will, everything in me wants to admittedly.

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

The Steelers have an identity, there’s in line thinking there and that works. They’re not gonna draft a player that doesn’t fit their mold. We don’t have that. So comparing us to the Steelers is ridiculous.

Your head coach has to have some say in who comes into the building. Why draft someone or sign someone they can’t use. And you should never adjust your entire scheme for a single player unless they’re a QB.

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Gase wanted Paradis but he’s not gonna throw Harrison under the bus. He’s going to talk him up so hopefully he used that as confidence to play well.

Bowles was too quiet, that shit held him back because he never spoke up. His mindset was I can make it work with whatever you give me and it got him fired. Gase just went through it in Miami and is not gonna allow himself to deal with it again.

8. GasedAndConfused

they have an identity because they have stability at the top and consistency and people who know their role and stick to their job. with the jets we have janitors running into the marketing office to tell people how to market. it's ass backwards. we aren't the steelers because we are what you want us to be, instead of who we should be

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

If Gase says he wants to stretch the field vertically and attack defenses deep and Macc goes out and brings in Alex Smith to play quarterback Gase is supposed to just deal with that is what you are all saying.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I was with you until the last part.

We aren’t who I want us to be but I think we can get there right now. This little bit of chaos is going to lead us there IMO. I’m glad someone stepped the fuck up and made a choice to get rid of dead weight.

NYJetsO12 and Acad23 like this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

Really? Sure hasn't stopped him already with other players on this roster.

Gase is doing the same shit he did in Miami, go look up the definition of insanity.

12. IIMeanDeanII

This isn't the facts or factual.

So, no, nobody is saying that.

13. GasedAndConfused

the best franchises have a stable and defined top down hierarchy. the jets don't and haven't in quite some time. gase is saying the right things but doing the opposite. if he really had no interest in "roster control" then why as the temporary acting GM has he traded away lee for nothing and cut legget already. he shouldn't touch the roster. not to mention firing mac right now hurts us in signing our rookie deals. all the other teams are signing their rookies. we aren't. everything about this situation screams disfunction and isn't helping anyone. gase is off to a really bad start here IMO, of course if we win, all is forgiven but we won't get to see that for another 3.5 months

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Who did he publicly throw under the bus?

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Someone said Gase should have no input on the players being brought in to play.

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He’s the interim GM because no one else is currently here to serve in the role.

17. IIMeanDeanII

Argument goes both ways.

When and where did he publicly put his desire for Paradis?

You cant use behind the scene sources if I cant. Doesnt work that way.

18. IIMeanDeanII

I think "No input" is exaggerated and I don't see anyone saying that in here.

Could you correct me?

Either way, he definitely shouldn't be the Lazar of the team until he proves worthy of that.

So far, he hasn't done shit to warrant the level of nonsense he's been given.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

New to the Jets?

FJF likes this.
  20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I am not sure why everyone keeps bringing up Paradis.
    He did not want to come here.

K'OB, Pepsiguy5 and Ralebird like this.