S.O.J.O. (Same Old Jets Ownership)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, May 15, 2019.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

No, you dont keep him another year... you fire him before:

-hiring a new head coach
    -hiring assistant coaches
    -spending your cap space
    -making your draft picks

Mac had to go... but why on earth would you let him make all those huge decisions and then fire him instead of letting the new GM make those decisions?

Peebag and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

It's very telling when in the Bowles era there were never really any leaks to speak of, from GM or HC sided affairs. In the few months that Gase has been on board there have been tons of "leaked" information.

These most recent leaks were purposely done in order to cause a rift, that seems quite evident. If you're asking for the tapes of someone wearing a wire type of proof I doubt we'll be getting that any time soon. But if you read between the lines it's pretty apparent what took place.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You may not like Gase's record on the Dolphins. It's fair to question him having all this power. He has a deep resume and knows more about football than Mac or anyone else in the Jets building. Gase actually did recruiting for Saban at LSU and started with him in Michigan State. He's a football junkie who's done everything.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

He's a guy with little to nothing to show, to even be considered to have any "power" within this organization. Yet, here we are.

He's a guy who has A LOT to prove before being praised. He's a guy that lives off the fact that he coached Peyton Manning that one season. Big deal?

His resume is ass, just like his record, just like his attitude.

He needs to win, he needs to win in a big way, before I consider this clown a worthy benefactor for anything within this organization.

Peebag, K'OB and Ralebird like this.
  5. IIMeanDeanII

You should.

It's very simple actually. It's not even so much about Mac getting fired. It's about the moronic decision makers at the top of this organization that should bother you and everyone else. Making excuses for ownership, acting like it's no big deal, it just leads to more of the same.

So feel free to continue down that road to the circus.

I'm done with it, you can have it.

6. IIMeanDeanII

SOJ my friend.

Here we go again.

7. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Winning football games is all that matters, not this tabloid bullshit people get hung up on. Gase has not coached a single game for us, I’ll wait and see how the season goes before quitting on him or the team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Whether or not the Jets ownership sucks does not put any money in my pocket either way, so why should I give a shit?

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nasty. JPP would flip you off for that...if he could.

stinkyB and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  10. Ralebird

Yeah, I've seen his "deep resume." It reads like the resumes of old, the one's where you listed every job you ever had but nothing about what you accomplished. There's a reason for that. He probably even has quotes from his references in there, like somebody who calls him "the greatest offensive mind in the building" or something similar. Forgive me for not buying into that line this time; I was one of few who didn't buy it the last time either.

I don't know what Gase knows or doesn't know about football - you don't either. He may know who scored the winning touchdown in the 1958 Rose Bowl and what the play was but that doesn't mean he is equipped to set up an NFL team to score today nor does his record to date. So far he has not shown he "knows" how to win in the NFL and that's all that matters. Being a "football junkie" or fanboi is not a qualifier to run a team - there are a hundred here to prove that.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I do know his shitty underwhelming Miami team has beaten the NY Jets 5 out of the 6 games he coached against us and he has split 4 games with NE the last 2 years with a crappy roster and QB.

Jets81, Acad23 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. Ralebird

That's called "damning with faint praise."

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

On a competitive basis Gase is the single most qualified person in this organization before and after Mac was fired. That's just a fact. You can bitch about it all you want. I'm glad Mac is gone and I'm glad Gase will have a huge impact on who our new GM will be. That way if it goes to shit they both go together and if it works we are good for years.

The problem with bitching about Gase having this kind of power is if not Gase who? He's the most experienced football man in the organization and that was true before Mac was fired.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

He's great because he beat the great Todd Bowles led Jet teams of yore?

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

And the Mac assembled team of yore. He split with SB champion BB coached team the last two years.

16. Ralebird

Once again, damning with faint praise. What good is it to be the sanest inmate in the asylum?

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

After reading that Evan Silva article I think Chris Johnson should just let Gase have the GM position for the year.

Spend the next few months doing whatever he has to do to find someone to run this organization. Give the new POFO enough time to evaluate Gase and likely start over next offseason with a new GM and HC.

We are going nowhere fast with Adam Gase running the show. We are about as dysfunctional as ever right now and that is saying a lot.

18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Gase is going to make us long for the quiet circus free days of Rex Ryan.

Ralebird likes this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Lots of assumptions being made about how Gase will handle things. Let’s give him a few weeks before we pack in the season.

20. Ralebird

I don't believe they are assumptions as much as judgements based on the only thing we have to work with - his past performance.

stinkyB likes this.