S.O.J.O. (Same Old Jets Ownership)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, May 15, 2019.

1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

My family should get my good fortune and get my season tickets for life.

Jets69 likes this.
  2. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Mac was awful, have I woken up in bizarro world where Jets’ fans actually give a shit that he is gone?

“But the timing!”

Who gives a shit!

3. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

This isn’t as bad as it seems. The Jets are targeting Joe Douglas, from the Eagles. He’s a bright guy, has helped the Eagles draft very well and has Gase ties. He’s also a hot commodity and probably would have other offers if they waited until after the season.

When it gets announced, and people get a chance to see and hear Joe, a lot of the negativity is going to go away.

4. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Yes because you can't win any thing in this league with a two man undersized roster.:p

On a serious note I don't think the Johnson bros are going anywhere any time soon which is discouraging.

Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Would you feel better if Greg Williams was?

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The Johnson brothers were so inept Woody was given a billion dollars to buy a toy so as to stay out of the family's multi billion dollar business... the Johnson's and James Dolan are the worst fucking owners in sports.

egbert souse and Brook! like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Wilpons, they'll feel left out and trade for Pujols.

Brook! and Jersey Joe 67 like this.
  8. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

Finally a smart response

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If you're going to quote me at least read what I have to say and respond to it rather than simply giving your opinion; you can just go to the bottom of the page and put your comments there. I never said Mac was a success at anything but I did say my opinion was a narrow edge towards keeping him around.

The main point of my post was that whatever happened to the GM there was absolutely no way Gase has proven anything that would indicate he is General Manager material, even for a short term. You said nothing about that at all but rambled on about old news, something I did not refer to at all. You didn't need to lean on my post for that and don't appear to have digested what I wrote at all.

10. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Can we say as Jets fans GM Mac was great?
    No
    Can we say he has been on hot seat for 2 years now?
    Yes
    Did we think there was enough bad contracts and drafting to get him fired?
    Yes

So Mac getting fired is not surprising, but the timing is... Or is it?
    Perhaps the man or men the Jets were seeking to take over are available now. I dont want to read that it was L Bell contract that caused the firing. There are many things that had to happen before the firing for it to take place. Jets have to be confident there is a better candidate available.

Also most owners suck when the team sucks. I personally think Chris Johnson is more hands on and cares more about football than Woody, so he is better. But owners main job is to spend, and the Jets have spent $$, heck Knicks spend $$, even the Mets spent some $ this time lol.

What else do we want our team owners to do? Look at Cowboys owner Jones, most ppl hate him because he is too involved. In think CJ is involved especially recently, but when it comes to game decisions, player/personnel, etc I rather have my GM, coach make decisions.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

We have one.

It's Adam Gase our football czar.

Holy moly man!!!! I can't believe the Jets have given him total control usually reserved for Super Bowl winners, big time winners, well established football people.

Woooooooow!!!!! (not in a good way)

12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Wrong. No blind hate here. I'm one of the few that wasn't hysterical yesterday and foaming at the mouth.

In an ideal world, Mac would have been fired along with Bowles, but this isn't an ideal world. There may be no hope for Chris Johnson or for Jets fans as long as the Johnsons own the team, but at least Chris Johnson appears to be trying. He started his in-depth review of Mac before the season ended, but it took him longer than he thought to complete his analysis. Some additional things evidently happened between Mac and Gase and Mac and Heimerdinger this offseason, that convinced Chris that a change needed to be made. The important thing is that Chris Johnson woke up and realize that Mac was not doing a good enough job and needed to go. Once he made that decision, it would have been dumb to keep Mac through the season, allowing him to continue to make decisions, influencing the future of the team, making decisions on camp cuts/trades, etc., and risking further problems between Mac and Heimerdinger and Mac and Gase. Once Chris was aware of the problems and the decision was made, Mac needed to go immediately. Now the new GM will have lots of time to evaluate the team, the scouting and personnel dept. and make any changes he deems necessary, and we should be in much better shape for next offseason.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

NC you might as well cut and paste this response in answer to another 20 opinions how "this timing was bad"

Then Contrails can add a post script with the whole 9 yards detailing the evidence of MM's ineptitude to the posters who "miss Mac ..and are angry he was done in by Gase" and also explain how Dec Jan are poor times to go hire the best GM etc etc

A handful of us wanted this to happen exactly as it did..

Now that its reality..well now thats a bitter pill to swallow.(too bad)

The Silver Lining is its gonna pay off!

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

That's a lot of words to say our meek and oblivious owner rolled over and relinquished all the front office power to a HC who has no accomplishments to speak of, and forced out the long standing GM that brought him in.

I'm on record saying I have come around on Gase and think he can do good things here but, this is a bad decision and look. Now it looks as if the GM will be nothing more than a mouth piece for Gase. I do believe he can do well but there needs to be accountability with checks and balances.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You have zero proof that Gase forced Mac out. Zero. The bottom line is that Mac needed to go and he's gone. Sure, there might be some problems down the road if Gase did force Mac out, but there's also the possibility that Gase has a clear vision and will get this team where it needs to go. If not, then he will go.

I respectfully disagree that it's a bad decision. It's only a bad decision if Gase did force Mac out, the Jets hire a yes man as the new GM and then Gase and his vision for the team don't work out. I think there will be accountability. Even though Douglas and Gase are friends, that doesn't mean that Douglas is going to roll over and be a pushover for Gase. Douglas has as much, if not more, credibility than Gase. Douglas would be foolish to come here and then give Gase what he wants if he doesn't think it's the right move. He'd be ending his own career. I also have some hope that CJ is learning and in the process of becoming a better owner or will at least come to realize his limitations and will hire someone to run the team. If there's any truth to the rumors of hiring both Douglas and Jeremiah, maybe one of them will be put in charge of the team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Just seems so "jets" that we finally seem to have something to build around at the QB position and the rest of the organisation implodes

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think it's a pretty good supposition that Gase had something to do with it. Proof is a high bar but Gase's fingerprints are all over this.

The rest of it I agree with except the CJ is learning part. He's probably being manipulated but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. Gase and the new GM will be tied at the hip and there will be no doubt about who is responsible for the results.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This will probably end as well as a 4th of July party at JPP's house.....

Acad23 likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Gase to have his "vision" so highly regarded that he gains full control of this franchise? How did his vision for the Dolphins work out? Up until now he has proven absolutely nothing. The guy needs to start by showing he can get his job as coach done successfully, then we can talk about him running the team or having his hand-picked sycophant do it.

BacktoQueens and IIMeanDeanII like this.