Winning a power struggle- is it so bad?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, May 15, 2019.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Rather than take the low key role after being fired , Gase seemed to be relentless and determined to his vision- eventually costing Macc his job.

I know if I had been fired for being a dick, I would lay low and be a yes man for at least a few years in my new organization.

Gotta give him credit. He is true to himself.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It’s as bad as losing 10 power struggles in baseball

Noam, TwoHeadedMonster, twown and 5 others like this.
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Yep he is a dick

CBG and TheCleaner like this.
  4. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

Like parcels used to say if I’m baking the cake I want to buy the groceries. Mac wasn’t inline with what gace wanted to implement personnel wise.over ruled gace on getting pardis at center and Mac never drafted o lineman his drafts except for first round luck sucked.

5. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Gase’s resume doesn’t fit his personality, the guy is a legend in his own mind. They haven’t had a roster this good (not saying much based on recent years) since the Rex AFC championship game days. If this guy doesn’t show marked improvement in wins this year and his hand picked GM friend screws up FA and the draft they should both be fired next May ; )

6. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

This is in no way an endorsement of Gase, but the NY Jets just improved today. Sure the timing is questionable but when you realize it's over you need to cut ties and move on.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

On the bright side, at least Gase won something.

8. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

Gase sounds like a whining little back stabbing Bitch, like my ex

#8 TheCleaner, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  9. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

If she's hot, I can over look that part.

10. Longsuffering88

After hearing useless Chris talk it sounds like he did not like the way Macc led things overall. He seemed to indicate he shadowed Macc in combine, meetings, scout reviews etc and didn’t like what he saw. Gase further pointing it out was probably the tipping point.

To echo the others. We probably got better today even if it’s not obvious.

I was wrong about Macc.

Seems like he was one of those soft spoken leaders who was all talk, smoke mirrors and jargon with poor leadership skills to collaborate motivate and bring an organization together.

The lazy coffee walk should have been my tip-off. I’m usually a good judge of character. But that coffee walk was a sign of complacency and comfort, the walk of a guy who had 2 Super Bowls won.

(Of course I say this as half joking with zero proof so just laugh it off)

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

The problem is we have ownership with a flawed line of command allowing a guy with a shallow track record to come in and immediately impose his will and bend the owner his way. Most of us were not really in favor of the hire, but were willing to go along with Gase. Now, we are F*CKED if he's not the answer and behaves the way he did in Miami. He's already trashed the new players we are pinning our "next big step" hopes on. What happens if when he pisses Greg Williams off? That seems like a guarantee. Who comes here to coach and GM if things don't work out quickly?

Since1969 likes this.
  12. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

"Does Marsellus Wallace look like a bitch?"

13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Everything that has been said up to this point has been a complete fabrication from ownership and Gase. So why would we believe anything they have to say in regards to these events now?

What we do know is clear, there was never any leaks from the front office when Bowles and Mac we're here. Then all of a sudden its leaky as a sinking ship in Gase's short tenure.
    This isnt hard to puzzle out, Gase is purposefully leaking information by design as part of his power play.

#13 DarrelleRevis.Human?, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
  14. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

When the Jets have the talent they will win. All the rest is nonsense.

15. Longsuffering88

I think you’re right

After I had time to let this marinate, I’m seeing things that Gase likely did which was of poor character. Like the public enemy song.. can’t trust em

I doubt a young Parcells or Belly did this ?

Man we are screwed .....

16. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

We all know Macs draft record is trash. Time to move on

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Mac made some good picks, but he made plenty of bad ones too. He signed common sense FA’s this offseason and even Chris Johnson could see that.

It was time whether anyone thinks it was or not. Onward and upward.

18. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

It is insane what is happening here.Some how we get the top talented player in 3 of the last 4 drafts. We get a guy who should become a franchise qb . Free up extreme cap money. Then we let ownership step in and f the whole thing up. Hiring Gase, a guy who quit coaching the final 3 games of the season while his team still had an outside chance of making the playoffs. A guy who traded a 1200 yd rusher for a 4th rd draft choice,mid season.Who cut a 2nd round dt starter mid season. A guy who signed smoking jay cutler to a 10 million dollar contract.Traded Jarvis Landry for a 4th rd pick. What was his resume. I believe he won 1 road game over the last 2 yrs.His offense was never in the top 20 and I think it was ranked 28th or lower the last 2 yrs. Plus he even admits he was only focused on the offense. At one point I believe the fins went 18 games without scoring a first possession td. Let that sink in. The start of all games are scripted. Wait I forgot the best one. The fins offensive line coach got fired for doing coke before meetings. Not that Gase cared about the o line as Miami had one of the worst in the league. He thought that his bubble screens would off set any problems. You want to address the o line gase is not the guy you want in charge or your coach,much less your GM.
    The Jets have a great amount of alent and superstars ,yet they hired a coach that wants a blue collar team that will be yes men for him. It will not work. I think there will be a surprise trade ie Robbie Anderson,etc in the next few weeks while Gase is gm that will really piss me off