S.O.J.O. (Same Old Jets Ownership)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, May 15, 2019.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

What good will that do when Gaze gets to choose it?

Cman68 likes this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Just because the owners are incompetent doesn't mean this is the wrong move. Firing Mac was the right move. The incompetence of the owners will probably show itself in the new hire. Two different issues.

Jets81, Burnz, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  3. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

The Johnsons are too stubborn to sell, so I'd be happy with this - Hire a REAL President of Football operations that the GM can report to, and have Gase report to the new GM. Then get away from Florham Park.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

The only thing I could think happened is he showed up drunk or cussed out the owner.

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

In this day and age that would just make them heroes in every state south of the mason-dixon and Idaho. Plus look who the head Johnson works for. He's insulted every demographic and bragged about grabbing them by their lower region.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

His name is Christopher Johnson. He just part times as a CEO.

7. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

...so we're stuck with them until they die of old age, and this team won't accomplish shit until they do. Hope you got some years left in you.

Cman68 and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

The only way I see this salvaged is is a someone who also believed that Gase was the best choice for HC be brought in, and them be tied together.

Sink or swim.

This whole forcing a GM or HC to accept the other nonsense will never work.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  9. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I've been to war, and beat cancer. Somehow, my money is on the Jets doing me in.

NCJetsfan, boozer32, NYJ79 and 6 others like this.
  10. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

good. Move to fire him timing was odd but right decision. If Mac is telling gave he can’t have the players he wants then we fail. Not like Mac has a stunning track record in the draft. The guy from the eagles they are looking at is highly regarded and has ties to gave seems like it’s smart to have very one on the same page doesn’t it?

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'd be about 55/45 opposed to MacCagnan being fired now for reasons of timing and unfinished business to do like filling in a few more holes and dealing with getting access to other teams' training camp cuts as well as signing draftees and other guys to contracts. But the related decision to put Gase in the driver's seat for even one hour is utterly moronic. As opposed to his hiring as coach as I have been, I had taken a wait-and-see attitude regarding his tenure on the sidelines; giving him the keys to the kingdom, however is just stunning, even for someone who's been watching the Jets for over fifty years.

This guy has absolutely no record of success in management and failed miserably at being a consensus builder in his last job. How can anyone justify such a move, whether he keeps the job himself or is instrumental in bringing a personal associate into the mix?

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Apparently despite his recent marriage, Christopher Johnson gazed into Gase's wild eyes...... and fell deeply in love.

13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I would like this move better if Adam Gase was not our head coach.

Not a Big Mac supporter but this stinks of sucking up to the new coach who hasn’t accomplished shit

Ralebird and boozer32 like this.
  14. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

And Mac was a success at building a team? Never drafted a o linemen didn’t draft a center drafted hackenburg come on timing was off but. It was time for Mac to go.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

At this point timing means nothing. Better to realize you made a mistake and correct it now rather than go through the season with a GM and HC on different pages. Mac should never have been hired in the first place. I actually applaud Chris Johnson for finally waking up to the GM being a disaster. You draft a franchise QB and do nothing to protect him when you have 100 million in cap space. Then double down during the draft by going defense in round 1 when they should have traded down for an offensive lineman.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The survivors benefits for death by Jets is death by Jets.

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Wanting Maccagnan fired, and thinking that this was a good move by the organization, are two completely different things.

I won't dispute someone who believes Mac should have been fired. Fire him at the end of the season, have the new GM and ownership choose the coaching staff, then prepare for the offseason. This is how competent organizations function.

Anyone who thinks this was a good idea is basing this off of blind hate and not rational logic.

egbert souse, Since1969 and stinkyB like this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Dorsey fired Clevelands HC during the season last year, so did Green Bay. Dorsey himself was canned after the Chiefs season and they were in the AFC finals the next year.

There's no wrong time to dump a guy who is no longer rowing in the same direction.

19. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Sure there is.

It's three weeks after the draft.The draft your HC had little influence in that you had the #3 overall. It's after you allowed this person to set the direction of the team, spend $100m in cap, and have a large part in choosing the HC and DC.

Then again, we've had such good results forcing coaching staffs on GMs here lately we probably should draw from that well again. Can't wait!

egbert souse likes this.
  20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You think those coaches had no say on the draft? You better believe they did

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk