Maccagnan is Fired!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by westiedog1, May 15, 2019.

1. But it's been reported that Gase had nothing to do with this. I mean we can speculate sure..but it's a basically barking in the dark. Again...if this indeedhappened in the beginning of April...in other words...Heimerdinger & MAC came to blows that were irrepairable & your CJ..what would you have done?

2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Too handsome.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Thread title should be "MacCagnan is FiRed!"

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What I have been reading, it wasn't about the player it was about the price.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You know I had the same thought. Bowles was incompetent and probably saw/knew Mac was also incompetent, but Bowles but didn't care as long as he got paid. Gase does not want to lose his coaching gig, stuck with the type of guys that Mac always reached for-- losers like Hackenberg, Stewart, Hansen, Mauldin, Devin Smith. Darron Lee, etc. As a coach, you can't make a nuclear bomb without plutonium.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Which is almost more alarming because the price is fantastic.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

As usual, you were proven right! Could not agree more!

NYJetsO12 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Let's think logically here...

Because Mac was given the reigns to operate and make moves to make this team better. So that's why he stayed.

But what happened? My guess is the ownership realized how unprepared Mac was this offseason and they figured once most of the dust settled they had to make a move to get him out. When FA happened, folks around the league criticized the contracts given to Mosley and Barr (whatever happened with Barr it doesn't help he initially signed then walked away from said deal). It looks like Mac went for big game splashed and really didn't consult or get along with the thought process of Gase and the staff. It's coming out that Gase really didn't care for the Mosley contract, nor Bell. There's the draft where Mac seemingly handled the Quinnen Williams process all wrong. Add into the fact that some felt Mac didn't address the OLine as well as he should, and the lack of cohesion between him and the coaching staff, it led to his firing.

Also Gase is just for interim, there's 3 candidates that Schefty said are said to be top candidates including Eagles VP of personnel, Joe Douglas who MAY possibly bring along Daniel Jeremiah (yes the guy who just took over Mayock as NFLN draft analyst) as apart of the FO. So really relax with saying Gase is running things and OMG! the sky is falling. Step back and think logically.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Edit: Disregard.

#269 GQMartin, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  10. Hopefully the new GM's first order of business is addressing that OL for all of our sanity my friend!

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I mean you'd hope that once negotiations actually started, Gase was let in on the fact they weren't going to go above a certain number (which was VERY team friendly). The whole story doesn't add up. Either Gase is an idiot and didn't want Bell at a great price (or Bell in general) or the reports or wrong. Considering there are numerous reports plus Gase was awful at personnel decisions in Miami... I know who I believe.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Gase wanted Paradis, Mac didn't.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Seen this floating around, gonna post it here.

[​IMG]

14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yes--I said in 2017 he ignored DL and OL in that draft and picked all those DBs and receivers. Then, in 2018 he uses three of 6 total picks on DL. Then, in 2019 he uses number 3 pick on DL. McIdiot never had a plan year to year. In 5 total drafts he took a grand total of three OL (count em three) --2 in round 5 and 1 in round 3 this year. Who the hell ever heard of a GM drafting a grand total of 3 OL in 5 years, and 2 of them in round 5. Mike McIdiot.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

I would take this board running the franchise in its entirety over Mac running it at 50 percent. Don’t take it as Gase praise

16. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

This is a good move. Imagine firing Mac DURING free agency and the draft. Mac was a poor GM who got lucky with draft placement - We were choosing high to begin with as a result of the shortcomings of the team he built.
    The only people yelling circus are all the writers - which to me smells of a group of people who are bitter about being lied to when they were hungry for blood with the rumors of a schism. And frankly, I'm very ok with the team not giving the tabloids news about internal feuding during an important draft.

17. Those around the Eagles..Fans,media & even former team Prez Joe Banner seem to think the Jets already have their guy & it could be Douglas. Eagles hired a new VP in Andrew Berry already this offseason. The one sidebar is that they still need to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

Banner had really good things to say about Jeremiah. Very hard worker & very good eye for talent. However he loves his gig with NFLN so it'll be tough to lure him away.

18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I think it was mis quoted.. it should have said Chris Johnson is interested in Jerimiah Weed

CBG likes this.
  19. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

And a bullfrog

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

He’s not the head power man.

And you have no idea the context of what happened to say he back stabbed.