The Official 2018-19 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I did not get to watch the first 2. Canes Bruins game.
    Doesn’t look good but I will not give up all hope until after we play at home.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Blued tied the series 1-1 last night with an impressive 4-2 win. They had a 2-0 lead, then San Jose quickly tied it 2-2. I thought the Blues were done after that, but they are resilient and found a way. They now have home ice advantage as Game 3 shifts to St. Louis. The Sharks have been pretty good on the road. Should be fun.

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The Canes are basically going to have to do what they did in the Caps series. Hold serve at home and hope to steal either game 5 or 7. Unfortunately I think Boston gets a game in Carolina and this ends in 5. As a Jets and Yankees fan I really don't want to see another championship celebrated in Boston. Last Oct it was the Sox, then the Pats in Feb. I just hope anyone can knock off the B's. Go Canes, Blues, or Sharks. I don't care who wins the Cup but just don't let it be the B's.

4. The Dark Knight

I may have underestimated the Bruins. They are a solid team. I was just so focused on a potential Capitals-Lightning ECF, that I did not give the Bruins much of a thought. Watching them the last couple of weeks, they have impressed me.

Chappy13 likes this.
  5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The Lightning were likely the team with the best shot of beating them in the east. Bruins were the team I feared most in the playoffs. But they are going to sweep the Canes, which the way these playoffs have turned out means they are going to get rolled right out of the Cup finals.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That's it - 3-0 lead for Boston. Rask continues to stone the Canes. Too bad.

7. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

Rask has been the difference in this series. No question, Jeff.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Rask looks really sharp.
    Canes showed up to play at least but just cannot get it done.

That being said - I HATE F ING BOSTON
    I hate the Bruins, I hate the Patriots, I hate the Red Sox, I hate the accent, I hate John Adams, I hate the Kennedy’s, I hate Boston.

Usually I would root for the east except the Pens but pulling hard for the West this year.

The Dark Knight and JetBlue like this.
  9. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Refs blew a delay of game call on Perron. Perron capitalizes with two goals and the Blues are now up 4-3 after scoring 3 straight goals. Playing much grittier than San Jose.

Can someone explain to me why michael Haley is still on an NHL roster?

10. nyjetsmets89

The Perron missed penalty ...does that make what just happened OK? Clearly a hand pass by Meier...I’m stunned they didn’t reverse it. You work your whole life to play for the cup ...and then someone can just use their hand to win in overtime

11. The Dark Knight

That was embarrassing. Classic NHL doing something that takes away credibility and seriousness from the sport. They said it was not reviewable and somehow all 4 refs missed the hand pass? Ridiculous. It was a great and entertaining game too. Hate to see it end like that.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Good run 336 congrats on a great season,,,,sorry your guys fell short but these Bruins are just good

13. The Dark Knight

Pretty odd back to back to back sweeps. The Islanders swept the Penguins. Then the Hurricanes swept the Islanders. Then the Bruins swept the Hurricanes. Not sure I have ever seen that before. If the pattern holds, the Western Conference Champion will sweep the Bruins for the Cup. :cool:

matt robinson 17 and Ralebird like this.
  14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Hate Chara and the B's

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Let's hope you're right. We need a barfing smilie.

16. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I doubt anyone but Boston fans themselves want to watch the Bruins win another championship for Boston. Sounds awful. The Blues tied the series last night at 2-2. Game 5 shifts back to San Jose. I don't know who I want to win now. I wanted the Sharks but that Game 3 BS ending has me wanting the Blues to pull it off now.

17. nyjetsmets89

The Blues have dominated every game since game 1. With karlsson nursing his groin I expect the Blues to advance. I really thought the Sharks had scary depth but they are just too soft for a willful team like St. Louis.

Boston vs STL will be a hell of a series. I’d give Boston the advantage with the veterans and all. Blues can get it done if Binnington matches up to rask. Not sure if the layoff will affect Boston

The Dark Knight and JetBlue like this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

That was a big time ass kicking the Blues gave the Sharks yesterday. It's not just the 5-0 score but all of the injuries the Sharks have as well. I would be shocked if the Blues don't end this Tuesday night. No matter who wins I am definately rooting for the WC team to win the Cup.

19. The Dark Knight

Agreed. Home in St. Louis. This series is likely done. The Sharks look dead. Sometimes you just run out of gas. Plenty of legitimate injuries too it looks like.

20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Congrats to the Blues. A rematch of the 1970 Finals. Hopefully this time the Blues can win.