Status of The Team and Jets Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Least talented roster in the league? Not even the least talented roster in the division.

Mr mittens, Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Short-sightedness?" . . "They just can't see?" . Says who?

Draft (besides copy-and-paste assessments): fwiw, some of us knew who Tommy Sweeny was.
    Pinstripe Bowl, Yankee Stadium, Bronx, New York, BC vs. Iowa:
    Noah Fant, 2 rec., 8 yds, 1 TD; . T.J. Hockenson, 1 rec., 9 yards....Tommy Sweeny, 7 rec., 137 yds., 1 TD.

atta boy.

p.s. Yanks 7; Tampa 1

#202 joe, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

One person says our GM is good and doing everything right.
    Another asks why we suck every year and never make the playoffs.

The truth is, we suck every year and never make the playoffs.
    Most fans on the board don’t expect us to make the playoffs this year.

When does our GM’s strategy start to pay off? Fuck the minutia, I just want wins. Playoff appearances.

4. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

That's what all these message boards are all about. You always get snowflakes that are ready to defend their team tooth and nail. They'll even go after fellow Jet fans and even try to get them banned. I call it the speech police. If your posts do not fit into their warm, fuzzy little acceptance criteria? Expect to get the wrath. I've never cared. I say what is on my mind. I don't want political correctness to get in the way of correctly describing what ails this team.I

In regards to Mac, this guy has gotten more mulligans than anyone I've ever seen. However, I do think finally the referendum year on Mac had come. If he doesn't get this draft right he's going to get dismissed for plenty of long overdue cause. You can see it in his draft choices. Besides the safe Williams pick, everyone presents high risk. Those picks smack of desperation to try and save his job.

To be fair, he did give us a few nice pieces in Jamal and Sammy. However, besides those two it's almost all garbage. I want Jets professionals, JUST LIKE THE PLAYERS DO, to be held accountable for their mistakes.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Im talking about this off season....and I wasnt being condescending at all....you are just so obsessed with Macc;s shortcomings that you cant even read any more. I know youre old and shit like NC but man, splash a little water on your fae and pay attention

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

i agree

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

To be fair, some of you are dumb fks.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I always thought it was the television money.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've gone from shlub to dumb fk in less than a week!

Things are looking up...

NCJetsfan and Jets81 like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep

We don't make the Playoffs because a combination of poor drafts and bad coaching

It's as simple as that

Now with Gase and Greg W you have boosted your coaching at least 50 per cent over the horrendous decision making of Bowles Kacy and 3 or 4 awful Offensive Coordinators ...so even with Macagnan and his poor drafting we might have a better shot to win more games that Bowles had no clue how to win

In the end, this is all on the Owners who created this ongoing dumpster fire NY Jets...the major decision makers .who keep making the same mistakes not hiring better Management . This is why the Johnson and Johnson Corp want them to have no management decisions

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You are what your record says you are... Show me the wins.... I'll wait until the end of the 2019 season.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

THIS!!!
    It's great the Jets did well in FA and the draft. It's great the Jets have a potential franchise QB to build around. It's great that the Jets are champions in April/May. Now go out and prove it in Sept thru Dec and hopefully beyond. Until they do it when it counts they won't get any respect from fans and media. I still say the 2019 team goes 8-8 but I think (hope) they are trending up.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

We get what a homer you are about the wonderful job Mac has taken 5 years to accomplish... but no need to call NC and Contrails "old and shit" Sonny

You should only wish you have their insight and knowledge one day

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and Jets69 like this.
  14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Who's trying to get people banned for thinking our GM should be canned? Why is a fan who has a different view be called a snowflake? What's wrong with people defending or attacking their team tooth and nail? How is it being fair to say Mac has added a few nice pieces. He's job is to have a plan to put a 53 man roster together to get into the playoffs multiple times which will give us a chance to actually win a championship. Fans can disagree strongly on our rosters ability to compete looking forward and agree strongly on the results looking backwards at actual results.

It's fair to look backwards at results and look forward and see light for the team. A GM job is not to add or subtract nice pieces. From a fans POV the job of the GM is to manage a 53 man roster to get to the playoffs and advance in the playoffs to win a SB. From an owner's POV it may be to simply keep the fan base hopeful so they continue to fill the seats and buy merchandise. Winning may just be gravy. Hard to know what the GM is being graded on by ownership vs what we grade on. Wins and losses.

From a fans point of view we often look at our team in a vacuum for what we did to make it better. In actuality it's not a vacuum. Other teams aren't stagnant. They are also getting better or worse. Adding pieces or subtracting pieces in a vacuum is meaningless. It's a competition.

My contention is if you don't make the playoffs for 5 consecutive years. The odds are you aren't competitive in your job as an NFL GM. Nice pieces or not.

Ralebird, NCJetsfan and Acad23 like this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Since you knifed me in the back with facts a little advice. Don't wast your youth being patient.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the messed up thing about your post is this- - - If Ryan Fitzpatrick protects the football for 10 more minutes on a cold day in Buffalo, none of what you posted would be accurate about Maccagnan.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If Ryan Fitzpatrick doesn't play at a level over his norm the Jets are an 8 win team at best.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. NYJetsO12

Right blame it on Fitz, like the whole team didnt play uninspired and Bowles did his usual brilliant job coaching

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Not really, our playoff drought would still be bad even if we made it in 2015. The whole season is predicated on these type of moments - what happens if Josh Brown doesn't miss the field goal for the Giants in the 23-20 overtime win?

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I had to LOL when I read some of these posts... Frankly, I am glad there is passion from you posters. I am in the camp that says poor drafting, poor coaching = losses. My "HOPE" is that with this better coaching across the board this team will grind out wins... playoffs would be fabulous

I reserve my judgement till I see the team play... if they still lack consistency, make dumb penalties w/o being held accountable, blow assignments then we will be no better off then before.