Status of The Team and Jets Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 27, 2019.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He didn't nail everything. Wanting your team to get better is freaking out? The Jets had a great offseason Bell, Mosley. Got rid of Bowles but Macc is still here and he's terrible at his job. Let me help you out. Bad GM Check

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Of COURSE it shows he had some urgency there. It was literally the first thing they did. We dont know if all tis is going ot work out but he traded for Osemele, drafted a T and drafted a blocking TE. I cant for the life of me understand how this is ignoring the O line as so many have said. Its just completely inaccurate to say that.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Because they didnt genetically recreate Anthony Munoz..... DUH!

KurtTheJetsFan and jonnyd like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Because investing in the O-line is more than trading for a veteran recovering from injury (remember Ryan Clady?) and using a mid-round pick. It's investing first and second round picks in the line and not standing for Jonotthan Harrison at center.

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Im not saying we cant invest higher round draft picks on Oline. I said there are people saying we have ignored it during the off season and thats just plain incorrect

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Ignored it is incorrect but systemically neglected it over the last five years is correct.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If you "can't for the life of me" understand the concerns about Macc, it's because you don't want to. It's that simple. I and others have laid out the specific shortcomings, with supporting evidence, ad nauseum. If you disagree - which is very clear - that's fine, that's your opinion. But to imply that others are stupid or crazy because of your own willful ignorance is what's stupid.

But one more time...

From the Oxford Dictionary:

ur·gen·cy
    /ˈərjənsē/
    noun

1. 1.importance requiring swift action.
      "the discovery of the ozone hole gave urgency to the issue of CFCs"
      synonyms: importance, top priority, imperativeness, weight, weightiness, gravity, necessity, exigency, seriousness, momentousness, cruciality, extremity, hurry, haste
      "the discovery of the ozone hole gave urgency to the issue of CFCs"
    2. 2.an earnest and persistent quality; insistence.
      "Emilia heard the urgency in his voice"

***************************************************************************************************
    If Macc really saw these holes as urgent needs, he would've filled them with assured quality players. Instead he's bargain hunting again, while he spares no expense on the defense. His priorities are exactly ass-backwards.The T and the TE he drafted are not assured performers by any stretch, nor is Osemele since he's coming off a serious injury. Could they be? Sure! Maybe they'll pan out to the be the "steal" of the draft, and I'd love that. But the fact remains that he "spent big" on getting the "Best player in the draft" once again, and once again, I'll ask: How many playoff games have they won since he's here? You want to preach patience, but he's had five years! And please don't use the "Well really only three years because the first two years weren't his fault". Yeah, they were. He wasted them, but that doesn't mean they get wiped off his resume.

And again, if you don't agree, fine, but knock off the condescending "I don't understand", because if you still don't then there are reading comprehension classes you can take at your local community college to help with that.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

No, ignored - relatively speaking, which most posters who hold this opinion are doing - he ignored the OL again. If that's too subtle for someone to understand, well the problem seems to be in the one pointing fingers.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Absurd. The draft could have gone much better if the Jets had found a partner wanting to trade up to 3. That most certainly would have been a windfall of picks, including getting back into the 2nd round. At that rate Mac probably wouldn't have taken McGovern. He could have chosen from of the top prospects in the second round. Don't get me wrong, I like the potential of this draft still. But it most certainly could have gone better.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

First, I want to be clear that I'm not speaking of the poster that you quoted or anyone here in particular. In general, however, I agree. I am constantly amazed at seemingly how short-sighted some posters can be. I'm never sure if they just can't see how things are missed, just don't want to see them because that would make them more worried/frustrated with where the team is, or if they just have been beaten down and conditioned over the years to have incredibly low standards when it comes to the Jets. It's almost like anything, no matter how insignificant or inconsequential it may be, is justification that all is well and good in the Jets' world. If anyone tries to point out those things that were missed, then according to those posters the persons pointing it out are doing it in hindsight or just making stuff up. I think it happens most often involving the draft, and I think it's because they don't follow the draft, don't know what the possibilities are, or who the prospects are that will fit and could help the Jets. It's like anything negative posted about the Jets is threatening somehow. It's sad.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

People have no idea what a rebuild consists of. Clueless.

Some of you dumb fks seem to forget the aging/old and p.o.s roster that Maccagnan inherited from Idzik/Rex... Well, I haven't.

Do you know why Maccagnan has neglected some of our O-Line? It's because he's been focused on drafting and signing/re-signing/extending players such as...

QB: Sam Darnold.
    RB: Le'Veon Bell.
    WR: Robby Anderson.
    WR (slot): Jamison Crowder.
    TE: Chris Herndon.
    WR: Quincy Enunwa.
    SS: Jamal Adams.
    FS: Marcus Maye.
    CB: Trumaine Johnson.
    MLB: C.J Mosley.
    MLB: Avery Williamson.
    OLB: Jordan Jenkins (7 sacks last yr)
    DE: Leonard Williams.
    DT/NT: Quinnen Williams.
    DE: Henry Anderson.

Etc, etc. Just to name a few.

Just landed us an All-Pro guard in KO.

Beachum didn't get Sam Darnold killed as a rookie @ LT last year, now did he?

Just used our two 3rd round picks on a RT and OLB out of USC/Florida.

Franchise QB. Future HOF RB. Generational Safety. Etc, etc.

But let's ignore all the good and focus on "O-Line" while judging a GM who was forced into an almost impossible rebuild due to the past regime. Tools.

12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

This was never a realistic possibility however. It was no secret Mac was trying to trade back, and afterwards he stated there was never a convincing offer.

So the question is, was it worth trading back to say #15 if the compensation was for one 2nd round pick? Or even a 2nd and one middling round pick?

If the choice is between the consensus best player in the draft (Quinnen) and picking up an additional 2nd rounder or maybe a 2 and 3, I'll take Q every time without hesitation.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You had me at "dumb fks"

You lost me at "Trumaine Johnson"

14. ColoradoContrails

Not that I pay much attention to what you post, but I stopped reading after "dumb fks".

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Shame that, as right after he said you were his favourite poster :D

16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I’m still confused about this “rebuild” and how long it is taking.

We’ve got the third longest active playoff drought and 28 other NFL teams have been to the post-season in the last three years.

Why can other teams rebuild in less than half the time it has taken the Jets?

Why do I need to keep being patient?

Why can other FOs retool in less than half the time it has taken Macc?

17. ColoradoContrails

April Fools Day was a month or so ago.:cool:

K'OB likes this.
  18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Because Mac goes all Private Pile in the war room whenever offensive line is mentioned.

19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Hmmmm..... Could it be that those FO's have a plan beyond just going BPA in the draft?

20. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

It's not ONE draft? It's 4 now and we have a team that besides a few high dollar additions through FA is the very least talented roster in the league. They're a joke. We as Jets fans should have a way to gripe because it's our money, the FANS, that keep the NYJ afloat.

NCJetsfan likes this.