Le'Veon's Formula

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, May 7, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If you watch this and you're still mad that Bell isn't here, I dunno what to tell you.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

"Le'Veon's formula". Hah!

I'll take what a H.O.F RB and an All-Time great Jet has to say in Curtis Martin regarding Le'Veon Bell, over what a bunch of negative and clueless posters have to say about the guy.

Curtis Martin: "I definitely think Le'Veon is one of the best, if not the best back in the NFL. I always say, if I had three backs I could choose or draft, it's either Le'Veon, Saquon [Barkley] or Todd Gurley. I think they're the three best backs in the league. To have him is a huge asset."

Curtis Martin: "I can only dream of having the talent he has. If I had his talent and ability, I would've probably passed Emmitt Smith before I retired."

Curtis: Martin: "What I like most about him is his vision, I always pay attention to a running back's vision because I've met guys who were the quickest and the fastest, but they didn't have the vision to be able to anticipate the defensive moves. You can always tell when a guy has good vision. I can tell, when Le'Veon is running, he's not just putting a move on the man that's in front of him. He's setting himself up for the next man that's coming. That's just a special type of guy. I believe I had that vision. I just didn't have the ability to go with it. I can always appreciate that about a running back. He has a lot of natural athletic attributes, but what I value most is the vision that he has. He can be patient and set up his blocks."

Curtis Martin: "Le'Veon could've gone to any team in the NFL, and he's going to improve that team. He's just that type of guy. There are guys who are at the top of the game in their respective positions, and he's definitely one of those guys. There are certain guys ... if you get an Aaron Rodgers, or if you get a Tom Brady or Patrick [Mahomes], they're going to be an asset to any team they go to. Le'Veon ... Antonio Brown, those guys, their level of talent is, no matter where they go, they're going to make an impact".

Curtis Martin: "I think this rest will have done his body good. Also, with everything that went on [with his contract], something like this can light a different spark under you and give you a different level of inspiration. There was a little chip on my shoulder because I remember the Patriots had labeled me as damaged goods because I was coming off an injury, so there was a part of me that was like, 'OK, we'll see how damaged I am.' That little chip was really a big chip. It's one of those little chips that can move mountains."

CURTIS MARTIN: "For a guy like Le'Veon, it's not about, 'Can he make it to the Hall of Fame?' ... He's like an Adrian Peterson-like guy. Those guys, they don't have to play 12, 13, 14 years to make it to the Hall of Fame if they just work hard and take care of business now.

Curtis Martin: There's not anything that the guy can't do, he's one of the best running back receivers in the league, he's one of the best runners in the league. So you got the cream of the crop."

Curtis Martin: "I think [Bell and Giants running back Saquon Barkley] both have all the ability in the world, but I think Le'Veon has a patient, wait-for-the-right-moment, pick-your-hole style. I haven't seen a back, I don't think in my life, that's as patient as Le'Veon is".

Curtis Martin: "I think he becomes a huge safety net (for Sam Darnold). He's the one man that other teams are gonna have the most difficult time accounting for because it's like how do you cover him? He produces like a receiver. A 2- or 3-yard run turns into 15-20 yards and i believe Bell can average 75-95 receptions per year".

I love reading knowledge like this because throughout all of last year I talked up Bell as a potential and future Jet. I was "mocked" for it. "Just an RB" I was told. Well now I have the last laugh, lol; looks like me and Curtis Martin were on the same page (unlike a lot of these so called know it all's around here).

Funny how guys like Curtis Martin can talk up Bell for hours on end, but god forbid you're a Jets fan who does the same you're labeled a homer and banned/locked from a Le'Veon Bell thread for talking him up "too much" and told to "pump the breaks" and "cool off on the Bell excitement'. Can the same mod please tell #28 to "cool off" and "pump the breaks" on talking up Bell? lol. I guess if you're not crying 24/7 over Maccagnan, Lee and O-Line you're not allowed to run your yapper. Hah!

I just found it pathetic and disgusting how a defensive minded fan was not allowed to be over the top excited for the best offensive player we've witnissed since Curtis Martin himself, but yet I was told to cool down and pump my breaks about Bell? And locked from the BELL THREAD for 2 weeks? Disgusting. Go tell all the Maccagnan haters to STFU, how about that? Oh wait. That'll never happen but lol heaven forbid you're talking up a Jet...

#62 DefenseWinsChampionships, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    SOJAZ likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Still woulda been nice if he showed up...

Jets81 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  4. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

he will when its mandatory...

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Stop complaining about something that's not voluntary especially considering the fact that he's not sitting on his couch and actually training, yes training with his personal trainer; just as he's always done so plz stop complaining and just be thankful he selected our Jets to play for you know a franchise who has not won jack shit since Namath.

Those who can not comprehend the words from an All-Time great #28 Curtis Martin regarding Bell, are the one's who can not understand my passion for the signing of Le'Veon Bell and the same one's who tell you to "pump the breaks" on Bell talk have no idea he's instantly the greatest offensive weapon this fan base will soon see since dating back to Curtis Martin himself.

I'll take the wisdom, knowledge and words of Curtis Martin on Bell over any fan or mod who tells me to "cool down" on my Bell excitement.

6. He’s been in the building at certain points including for some of the conditioning stuff very early on.

Gase said Bell has been around & Quinnon Williams said he met him at night one of rookie orientation. Clearly hes committed to his teammates & the team.

If he has a specific training method off site like many of the other elite players in this league,I have a hard time getting too worked up about it.Let him do his thing & when the time is right he’ll be in florham park.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Still woulda been nice...

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What if "Curtis Martin himself" suggests you "pump the breaks" (sic) just because your "excitement" is a bit over the top and you may be placing yourself in danger of having a stroke? You're not on the team, you're not on the field, just relax there's still four months until the season starts. Have you had your blood pressure checked lately?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It is actually voluntary, and he chose the Jets because they were really the only team offering. Same as Gase.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Don't waste your time rationalizing with DWC.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good for Bell. He has a training regime that is tailor made to get the absolute best out of his body, and optimize performance, and that is the number one priority for a guy that the Jets will ride hard for the season. He is committed to be in the best shape to do so and that is what I want. Not to mention the fact that he has been at the facility multiple times, met with all the rookies and the players, so this is no different that what most super stars do. Brady for one. Many of those that wanted him at the facility for a voluntary will be the first to bitch and complain if he doesn't hit the ground running on day one.
    I'll save my bitching for when it really matters.

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Le’veon’s Formula sounds like a shitty sports drink name, or worse.

I’m confident he’ll show up in shape.

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

he did show up for the first week

these practices are non-contact

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

That is false. Completely fabricated too.

For one. A historic and legendary Pittsburgh Steelers Franchise did not want to lose Le'Veon Bell which is why they hit him with multiple franchise tags and Bell turned them down every time, left $$$ on the table and refused to sign Pittsburgh's OFFER. But the Jets were the only team? You sound lost and confused.

Also. As Curtis Martin stated; Bell, Gurley and Barkley are the 3 best RB's in the league. Any team in the league would absolutely love to have these dominant and game changing offensive animals.

Unfortunately for those other teams, who could only dream of a Le'Veon Bell; they weren't in the running due to salary cap issues.

It cost to be the boss and Maccagnan just put the Jets in excellent position during his rebuild in order to AFFORD stars like Le'Veon Bell and C.J Mosley. It's chess, not checkers.

The Pittsburgh Steelers failed to convince Bell to stay long term. They wanted him so bad to the point of hitting him with not one, but two franchise tags...

And now my NY Jets not only landed a future HOF RB within his prime, but a dynamic weapon who ranks top 1-2 All-Time amongst any and all NFL players who's ever taken the playing field in regards to Yards from Scrimmage per game.

Has set the Steelers All-Time regular season record for most rushing yards during a single gm and also broke Pittsburgh's All-Time postseason record for most rushing yards during a playoff game.

Oh. And he's the only NFL RB/WR/TE to ever record 2 playoff performances of over 200+ yards.

Your lane duck post of "and he chose the Jets because they were really the only team offering" changes none of the above.

Did you read the thoughts of Curtis Martin talking up Le'Veon Bell or did you not? #28 Martin would laugh at you in your face for your "post above".

PS: I'll take Curtis Martin's thoughts and words over your one line fillers full of nothingness...

#74 DefenseWinsChampionships, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Unlike other teams, not only did we

A.) have the salary cap needed due to Maccagnan making it possible, but

B.) An up and coming Franchise QB in place as Bell's future running mate (Darnold), and

C.) A generational Safety who was recruiting Le'Veon Bell harder than an agent (Jamal Adams).

Hah.

A + B + C = Le'Veon Bell.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We don’t know if Darnold is a Franchise QB yet, and we don’t know if Adams is a generational talent. Jumping the gun a bit, or are you going to type out 4 paragraphs about how they actually are those things and correct me?

17. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Beckham has been training at USC, and no one is bitching about it. RBs and WRs often do this, we’ve had several skill players working out at McKays rather than their voluntary work outs over the years.

#77 TrojanPride, May 12, 2019
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I believe Marcus Allen is the only running back to record 2, 200 plus yards in the playoffs combined rushing and receiving? He did it in back to back games in the 83 playoffs. I don't think Bell every had a 200 plus yard playoff game rushing and receiving?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If they don't find a fix for Gurley's arthritic knee...his career may be short lived.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Don't care what Martin had to say.
    No one disputed Bells talent.
    But he had no other real offers and, You we're pushing on here for Mac to raise his offer to Bell. Claiming we lost him the night of his announcement!
    For the record, Bell ranks 209 in yard from scrimmage in the nfl all time. 1 or 2? Now tell me what the fuck is completely fabricated!
    How's that multi million dollar record deal working out for you Philly? Still waiting for your CD to drop.....

#80 TonyFtLaud, May 12, 2019
    Jets69 likes this.