The Official 2018-19 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 21, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Hurricane continues up the East Coast! That is a good graphic. :)

Another great Game 7 Double OT game in St. Louis tonight, as the Blues defeated the Stars. It was pretty similar to the Canes-Caps Game 7. The team that won dictated play most of the 2 OT's. Now the Blues wait for the Avalanche-Sharks Game 7 winner.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

Awesome hockey taking place this postseason!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I tried my darnest to stay up but had to turn off Blues games at the end of regulation.
    Kind of happy I did when I saw it went to 2OT. - wil have to try and catch some highlights

4. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Rob Thomas is the shit for the Blues. I’d love for them to advance but don’t think they have enough firepower to match the Sharks depth. If Tarasenko starts sniping again, maybe.

Both of these series should be great but I’m guessing we will see Boston vs San Jose. Rask is much better than Carolinas backup. Never know though.

Fun postseason so far. Lots of new blood. Year of the backup?

Red Menace and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

Bruins take Game 1 in dominant fashion, 5-2. If you watched, it did not feel that way most of the game. Carolina had a 2-1 lead and was playing pretty well, completely dominating the 2nd period. For the first time since Game 5 against the Caps, they were outplayed in the 3rd period by a large margin. We will see what happens Game 2.

If Boston does win the series and reach the Stanley Cup final, they will have benefited from two teams: the Blue Jackets and the Hurricanes. I highly doubt the Bruins would have beaten the Lightning in Round 2. I know for a fact the Capitals would have beat them in the ECF, as they have owned them for several years. Getting to the Cup final and winning the Cup takes as much luck as skill though, so fortune could be headed to the Bruins. The bracket definitely cleared in their favor.

Still, it is only 1 game. We know how these Hurricanes have been playing. It is far from over.

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Hamilton is a liability for the Canes of defense, he almost single handedly gave the series to the Caps, Brindamour recognized he was killing them on defense and made the necessary adjustments.

Against the Isles who have no offense, Hamilton was able to hide.

The Bruins are a deep offensive team with physical players, unless he’s a healthy scratch, there is no where to hide Hamilton.

The Bruins will pick on him the rest of the series and gain a lot of PP opportunities unless the refs swallow their whistles.

Go Bruins!!

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^Go Bruins? Eww. At least the Celtics were eliminated.

Red Menace and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

No hockey tonight......... Guess I have to do something constructive with my life instead? :eek: Sounds awful. :D

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Are they still playing hockey ? LOL

stinkyB and The Dark Knight like this.
  10. The Dark Knight

:D:DThat happened to me too after the Caps were eliminated, but I got back into it by Game 3 or 4 of the next round. You may return!

CBG likes this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

You know what they say ,"never say never" but TDK but unlike football I have zero interest in hockey once my guys are out but then again its not as if they have made the playoffs every year. Maybe I will watch some hockey once the Cup rolls around but I am pretty much in baseball mode now.

12. The Dark Knight

Yeah, that was me too for many years, but now I like hockey more than ever. I feel like it is the one sport where fans mostly just care about their own teams though. Could be due to regional coverage, but definitely true. Most NFL fans can watch any game and have interest like Monday Night Football, Sunday Night Football, Thursday Night Football, etc but I don't think it has reached that level for many NHL fans.

CBG likes this.
  13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It might pain you to hear this but I’m a lifelong Celtics fan. While I’m an Islander fan, I will root for the Bruins to represent the east in the cup finals.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

In most years I’m glued to the Cup playoffs, but the disappointment of the Isles having a shot and falling short has left me disinterested.

CBG and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The San Jose Sharks dominated last night for a 6-3 win over the St. Louis Blues. Ever since they eliminated the Golden Knights and the Capitals were eliminated, I had this feeling maybe Joe Thornton would hoist the Stanley Cup. Now they are only 7 wins away......... Could happen this year.

BacktoQueens and CBG like this.
  16. JetBlue

My hesitancy on picking the Sharks at the start of the playoffs was goaltending, but Jones has been fine. I’d be shocked if they don’t win it this year.

17. The Dark Knight

The Bruins BEAT DOWN the Canes again last night. Maybe it is just a bad match-up for Carolina. Similar to Round 2 against the Isles, Game 3 will tell us a lot. If the Hurricanes crowd can spark life back into them, we could be headed back to Boston 2-2. If not, the series could be over. Caps also had a 2-0 lead on Carolina, but those games felt closer.

18. JetBlue

Canes are done. They haven’t just lost the games they are greatly outmatched in them.

19. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

I concur Fellas. I think the clock has struck midnight on the Canes.

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Sharks v Blues tonight.

I like both teams, but the Sharks have been winning me over this post season run.
    It might be their time to finally get over the hump.

Oh, and F boston..

The Dark Knight and JetBlue like this.