17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

They sure have. And in 1981, Leon Hess, the owner of the jets along with the Redskins didn't make there STH buy pre season, so for 8 games I paid $88 for my season tickets. $11 per ticket to sit in the upper deck, half way up at the 10 yard line at shea stadium. Probably equal to the second level at Home depot stadium. You think times have changed??? F da Woodsters

CBG likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Man. You guys had it good. I wish I was a Jets fan back then. Lol.

CBG likes this.
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I never would of thought since 1981 the Jets would not play one home Championship game and zero Super Bowl appearances. I am almost 60 and I am starting to worry I will never see my team play in the Super Bowl and enjoy a playoff run that ends in a win. Just once, that's all I ask. Before you know it Brook, you might be feeling the same way. "Time is a stripper doing it just for you". Andi ts faster and faster as time goes on. Have a nice weekend. I am going to Levon's barn in Woodstock for some live music. That's what I spend my fun $ on now, live music instead of live sports. Better to sit home

Brook! likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 ----I remember the Browns Game as if it were yesterday----> same for the Mud Bowl-----> same as the AFCC against Denver when reliable guys began turning it over and I remember the pep rallies at Florham thinking maybe just maybe we finally are there !!!!!!!!!! BUT nope we are both approaching Champ territory. When we lost to the Broncos 1998 , I watched that game with friends at the Nassau Street Bar and had Super Bowl Lottery Tickets waiting for me had they won,,,,,I had a place to stay in Florida for free and was SO AMPED and remember it as if it was yesterday = that was 21 years ago !!! When I got home from the city that day my mother in law was over and she said " you guys had a great season and the team is really good with a great coach , you will be right back here again next year " and I said I have been waiting for next year since 1969. Fast forward to now = FU Woody n Chris and all the other BS in between !

sec314 and Brook! like this.
  5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

CBG, I had won super bowl lottery tics the year of the mud bowl and had a place to stay and everything was in place but a win against Satan Shula. I still can’t watch the Browns game which personally is my most painful loss ever. Fuck next year and fuck Woody/Chris and F Shula.

CBG likes this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay experienced folks. These are the games I want to go. How do I make sure I pay face value for upper deck sideline between 20 yards?

Saints preseason since it is Saturday and I love watching the third preseason game at Metlife
    Bills the season opener
    Pats
    Cowboys
    Giants

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook the Saints game will be FAR FAR FAR below face value and you can probably get those tix for less than 30 or 40 bucks probably MUCH LESS even seats downstairs. The Bills game you are screwed as its the opener.The other games will be dictated on how the team is playing but just LIKE EVERYONE ELSE you are choosing the most popular games. Cowboys have a big fan following so there will be a demand for those seats from them and The Giants = its NY vs NY and everyone wants to see the Patriots. Supply and demand dictates the prices ps if the team is sucking ass win / loss wise and Gase and Williams are bickering by then you will have no problem getting tix.

Brook! likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook I just looked on Stubhub for the Saint Game you can sit up in Gods country for 6 bucks and you can sit in the lower bowl for like $35---> go buy those now if you like ps I hope it snows that Saturday

Brook! likes this.
  9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

preseason games you should buy from the parking lot, and there's not a single game you should ever buy in May or June or July

If you insist on buying way ahead of time, the best time as a buyer is to wait until AFTER the point of maximum supply. People can list tickets whenever they want but like robots most of them wait until they have the physical tickets in their hands or their accounts are activated, and that happens in August. So like, 2 weeks after people get their season tickets is when the maximum number are listed for sale and the initial rush to buy is over. Do not buy before this point. Right now is the point of MINIMUM supply, do not buy now.

And in reality you should wait until the week of the game, and the day before or day of actually. Home opener I think will be strong, I'd be a buyer on the Monday before and same for pats cowboys and giants

Brook! and CBG like this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

and there you have it but Gecko you left the part out about JUST STAYING HOME and watching on tv = LOL

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I won Super Bowl lottery tickets the year of the Mud Bowl AND the Disaster in Denver! 0-2. And I was at the Denver game. I was also at the Pittsburgh game, but had no Super Bowl lottery tickets awaiting because I wasn't allowed to enter due to my no-PSL stance. The pain was the same, SB tickets or not.

I win. ;) F Woody, F Me.

CBG, Brook! and sec314 like this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Brook, nobody can pay face value for regular season games at this point because the jets don't sell single games tickets directly, its all done on ticketmaster and stubhub via the Jets and there's always the fees. You can only get single game tics for around face value during the season if we suck and the price drops. Just get tics to the Buff game now and look for the best value and wait on the others... in my opinion. I did this for the Browns game. Just looked at the other 3 games you picked, your going to the 3 most expensive games regardless of our record. If you want to attend those 4 games, it would be cheaper to get season tickets for $50 per game. I am serious, you will pay more then $500 to attend those 4 games. The home opponents this year will make our stadium like a road game, even more then normal.

CBG and Brook! like this.
  13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Be sure to check back a week before the game when I post current prices for you

Brook! likes this.
  14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We go through this every year don't we;) The prices for the Boys, Pats and Giants will never be face value unless there's a snow storm

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

WHOLLY CRAP sorry 314 I literally just saw this post--------Browns loss was just horrendous but that Mud Bowl and the Mud Bowl was right up there with that for me but that Bronco game tops all for me and thats saying A LOT.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

LS2RJ ,OMG , you actually cheered me up with that post----> you were in my situation twice and you were at the Denver Game and the Pitt game = geez I don't feel bad at all now thank you for putting things in perspective for me------> I can't even imagine being you HOLY SHIT THE PAIN !!!

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

After those two experiences I decided if the Jets get to a Super Bowl, and I have a chance to get tickets, I am not going. Why? Because the costs have gotten so out of hand, to really enjoy the game would cost me an amount that probably would effect my lifestyle, even if it is in a small way. It's not worth the risk of going through that commitment with the very real chance of them letting me down - in a big way. I can't fathom spending 5 to 10 G's (more?) on a brutal loss. My last hope was the the MetLife Super Bowl since I'm right in the neighborhood. As we say in this thread, it's better to put that money into a beautiful TV screen and viewing area. If the Jets get a Super Bowl, I will spend a chunk of change on having a great party. At home.

Regarding pain? Ah, sorry to say I am used to it. I wish there have been more great moments, but I've been there for a few great ones too. My mailman is a life-long Lions fan, so we've bonded. You want to talk about pain? That's pain. He never even gets to a point where there is REAL pain, as in losing a big game. The golden era for him was Wayne Fontes, and a Thanksgiving Day win here and there.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

LS2RJ ---> I hear you but I will tell you this ------> I would rather NOT get there then get there and lose. Its like going to the playoffs each year and losing or not getting there at all to me same difference. Sure early on you hope to just make it but then expectations MUST increase ( example My Islanders as this year I was happy to be there but from here on out they MUST improve and get better and win a cup or its all meaningless) that is how I feel about football as well. I mean look at Marty Schottenheimer the guy had his teams winning 12 games each year only to do nada in the playoffs = sorry not for me I have zero interest in that its about winning it all the rest is BS

sec314 likes this.
  19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I told myself, if we ever again get to a Championship game on the road , I would spend the $ to attend that and stay home for the Super bowl because its more of a football game and a loss there wouldn't hurt as much since the $ was much less. But that must of sucked.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Regarding my Islanders, after this year, do me a favor and win the cup or just don't waste my time. For the jets, even though its been forever, its Super Bowl or nothing. I want the last game of the year to be a win or just end the season