The Official 2018-19 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 21, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Match-ups are so interesting in the NHL. They matched up great against Tampa Bay. Don't match-up as well with Boston.

Still no interest in Round 2 games, but I think I will watch again shortly. It does feel odd without the Capitals, Penguins, Lightning, and even the Golden Knights in Round 2 this year.

Can't believe Carolina had the energy to go to Brooklyn and steal Game 1 last night. They are a great team. And with their home crowd in Carolina, it is going to be difficult for the Islanders.

The Sharks look strong. I would not mind Joe Thornton getting his first Cup at age 39. He looked good last night.

and the series no one is talking about: Blues lead the Stars. :)

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Terrible PP is just one of two things that will cost Isles.

Isles also miss one thing that all their opponents have, a guy who comes through in the clutch.

Staal, Williams, Taravinen can all be clutch.

Boston, Columbus, Dallas, Blues, all have them as well.

Carolina in 5 games.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Columbus not dead yet - they tie the series with Boston on a goal by Duchene in the second OT.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That was a physically intense game.... from what I watched. But I fell asleep on the couch before it was over

5. The Dark Knight

The opposite of dead. They are now in control with home ice advantage!

The Stars-Blues game was exciting too. 3 goals in a minute in the 1st Period. That series is also tied 1-1.

The Islanders and Avalanche need to do the same today, or it will be tough to come back from down 2-0.

6. The Dark Knight

Blues, Sharks and Blue Jackets all take 2-1 series leads. Tomorrow Dallas looks to tie the series, while the Blues look to take a commanding 3-1 lead.

Islanders-Hurricanes is a big one too. Isles look to get back into the series, while the Canes look to end things quickly. I just get a feeling it will be a great game.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Perfect example of why nobody takes the NHL seriously, crackdown on headshots but let this asshole/coward get away this, all the time. Jenner should have knocked his chiclets out

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

He’s a scumbag and that team is apparently nothing but pussies that lay sucker punches. I was truly conflicted about who I wanted to lose that first round so the Jackets hopefully rolling out four straight wins would be very satisfying.

9. The Dark Knight

Yeah, that was awful, yet no surprise with Marchand.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Yep, Marchand is a long-time piece of shit. The fact that he isn't suspended for the next game is a joke.

11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Go Dallas!! Get the Rangers a first round pick!

12. The Dark Knight

3 series are tied (2-2) now with the Sharks-Avalanche, Bruins-Blue Jackets, and Stars-Blues. Pretty exciting!

The Isles look to avoid elimination tonight as they play Game 4 in Carolina. If Carolina does win, they are looking at a pretty good rest like the Isles had after Round 1. Hope the Isles extend the series!

13. The Dark Knight

The Bunch of Jerks continue to roll in the NHL playoffs. Congratulations, @Section 336, as your boys swept the Islanders and are headed to the Eastern Conference Finals. Now you wait for the Blue Jackets-Bruins winner (Series tied 2-2). 6 straight wins for the Canes now. As I have said all along, Justin Williams is the man. His post-game interview and reaction from the fans was amazing. What a good Dude. I saw the graphic where Carolina started the playoffs 80/1 to win the Cup, and now are the favorite at 3/1. Crazy.

In the West, the Stars won a big Game 5 on the road to take a 3-2 series lead and have a chance to clinch the series at home in Game 6. The Blues looked pretty bad tonight. We will see if they bounce back.

14. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Sorry to crash your NHL thread for the Finnish League, but didn't find any other thread to post on.. and didn't want to start new one just for this.

Today is the Game Seven of the Finals here in Finland. Our team, Oulun Kärpät, plays against the HPK of Hämeenlinna here in Oulu. Kärpät played an excellent regular season winning it easily, making a new points record on the way, much like the Tampa Bay Lightning did over there. We sweeped our first round series (unlike the Bolts) against the team from Tampere and defeated HIFK of Helsinki in six games to reach the finals. We were overwhelming favourites in each series, including the finals, but here we are in game seven where everything can happen. HPK defeated 4th best team in the first round being underdogs, and same thing happened in the second round when they defeated second best team in the regular season.
    Today is going to be exciting day for me.

I just wanted you guys to know, though I know many of you may have no interest for European hockey at all :D

The Dark Knight and Section 336 like this.
  15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I joking posted to TDK that the Canes do not make it often, but when they do they go far.
    I am in stunned disbelief right now 2002 - Lost SCF to WIngs, 2006 Cup, 2009 Lost ECF and 2019 ECF’s are the last 4 post season appearances.
    In all honesty while I do believe in the team, I was literally just rooting for a good showing against Washington, anything else is just gravy - but now as the end goal is getting closer - it will be tougher to take if they do lose. No matter what the season is a huge success and I know with new ownership this team is in the right directions and will be more competitive for some years. Islanders fans - while it may be hard today - I think you will come around and realize the same for that franchise.
    It is scary how good the Metro is and unfortunate that all these teams have to complete with another.

I think the Canes can beat either Bruins or CBJ but both also pose some real challenges. Would not mind having CBJ for home ice advantage, but I think our speed could do well against the Bruins. One thing for sure even if we lose, I believe Rod and J Willy will have the boys rolling and ready to give it their all.

I thought the Blues were going to grab a grip on that series and was surprised to see Dallas is now getting a chance to win at home.

Even though I usually do not miss a single Sunday and am a die hard Football guy, the NHL playoffs for me are always the most entertaining and the Cup is the hardest and most earned trophy to win in sports.

16. The Dark Knight

That's cool. Good luck!
    I definitely remember you saying that. And I remember thinking that is a cool stat, but has nothing to do with this Canes-Caps series. Apparently it did! :)
    I think I am cheering for a Sharks-Hurricanes Stanley Cup Final now. Joe Thornton vs. Justin Williams. That would be fun to watch for me. We will see what happens.

17. JetBlue

Hate the Bruins but hopefully this precipitates Panarin and/or Duchesne considering the Isles.

18. The Dark Knight

I think the Carolina Hurricanes-Boston Bruins is a pretty good ECF match-up. I will be cheering for Carolina.

As for Columbus, we will see what happens to them. They could lose all their big names and be in complete rebuild mode for 2019-20.

Section 336 likes this.
  19. JetBlue

Despite both of our disappoints it’s a good matchup. I’ll be rooting for Carolina. They are one of the few teams that I think can go toe to toe with the Bruins.

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member