Darron Lee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, May 1, 2019.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I heard that Darron Lee guy does nothing on the field.

K'OB, blackssmagic, Noam and 2 others like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yup. Might be flat out cut. Neville Hewitt waiting in the wings.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

Hopefully it's Blake Cashman.

blackssmagic and Noam like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

You ever hear the one where you call him Sharon instead of Darron? Like the girls name. You get it? SHARON.

jonnyd, MoWilkBeast, K'OB and 4 others like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

Apparently, it was a real knee slapper around here, but hey lets call him a girls name, laugh and completely ignore everything else

K'OB, TonyFtLaud and Noam like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it was a bad class and the numbers get worse if you look at only the picks available to mac since most of the players with options picked up were top 10

Noam likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

if there is ever an example for why PFF sucks, here you have it. We watch Sharon Lee get toasted every week....the new staff comes in and their 1st move is to replace him for sucking....

and yet here are the PFF rankings SMH

Red Menace likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

Your recollection of history, both far and recent is alarming.

Edit: I guess it's more your interpretation of it. It's very off.

#68 BroadwayAaron, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Eh except Wagner is regarded as one of the best cover LB's in the league.

Littleton had a monster year too, 125 tackles, 3 picks.

Schobert was another tackling machine who was covering guys like glue, and he was a fav of Gregg Williams

Leonard had one of the best rookie seasons ever at LB. But Lee sucks? Hmmm.

I think his drug test led to him having not as much faith then his on the field play...I wanna see if Lee can do under Gregg.

10. 101GangGreen101

Watching the games, it's clear Lee is very good in pass coverage. I use PFF to back that up. Outside of that, he's not great in the run game but can shoot the gaps. We have Mosley and Avery for those LB roles.

TonyFtLaud, Noam and GasedAndConfused like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah those linebackers are good and Lee is not. you are proving my point, there is something wrong with their evaluation.

if the list was :
    best QBs from PFF
    Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Brett Favre
    Ray Lucas
    Joe Montana

you would say "uhhh you got something wrong there PFF." You would not say "SEE Ray Lucas is one of the greatest QBs ever, per PFF"

12. BroadwayAaron

The issue here is you still think your opinion is right. That's why you can't understand the PFF rankings.

Serious question, do you think it's odd that everyone speaks highly of his coverage ability while you treat him like a RG playing to play LB?

13. GasedAndConfused

lee is a lot like vilma. lee's onyl weakness that i seen is he can't get off blocks. he just gets eaten up and driven back which means running up the gut on the jets was much easier. that's why we added williamson who is much better at that to compliment him and added CJ mosely who is also much better at that. but that doesn't mean lee sucks. he is great in coverage on TEs and RBs as the PFF graphic shows. he's also a sideline to sideline LBer with his speed who is great in pursuit and he's great at shooting gaps. he just needs to be kept "clean" and he makes plays. nothing wrong with that at all. All players have their weaknesses. it's the coaches job to put them in positions for their strengths. it would be like hating on bell becuase he doens't have "homerun speed" and complaining we need someone faster and he sucks and ignoring his vision, patience (lol), and burst to get through holes. hell even curtis martin was slow as a RB. i remember the nickname "caught from behind curtis" back on those days. Anyone who says lee sucks is insane.

Imagesrdecieving, Noam and chandler like this.
  14. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I can easily see a role for Lee. In more obvious passing situations whether it be 3d down or (heaven forbid) we have a large lead (theoretically possible), why would we have CJ and Avery on the field?

Time will tell

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I have been a big cheerleader for Lee and this Sharon business used to wind me up something chronic, it is very childish but one poster was at it right from the start, could never understand why tbh, Lee has improved every season for me and was expecting another jump this season, the drug bust pissed me off as it was just dumb (I don't want a ten page row on the use of pot as pain relief as opposed to dumb sportsmen just wanting to get high) do it when you retire and stone yourself at your leisure and I have no problem with that but getting caught and missing 4 games is shit, do it again and the ban gets longer, you become a risky proposition in contract year.

Anyway, I hope they give him a chance but monitor/test him privately to keep him from fucking his career up.

Is there another position he could transition too?

I am not big into the knowledge of he's too big/small for certain rolls etc but could he play safety or CB at a push?

Don't shoot me, just say no if it was stupid lol

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

nah lee would be best as a 4-3 MLB. he's a bit out of position for us but handled it well. he will be moving on though after this year if not sooner. the Lber we drafted in the 5th is his replacement

All Gas No Shake, K'OB and Noam like this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Lee's suspension wasn't for Marijuana.
    It was for a banned substance, possibly something in a supplement which possibly wasn't on the label or possibly Adderall which has become very popular in football.

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/darron-lee-suspended-by-nfl
    Darron Lee of the New York Jets has been suspended without pay for four games for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. Lee will begin serving his suspension immediately.

Sounds more like recreational drug use to me or they would normally name them as PEDS if it is supplement based.

Also, he would have had to have already failed 3 previous tests to get the ban, so very unfortunate to keep using the same supplement or Adderall if you have failed previously.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

What?

There's nothing wrong with their evaluation. There's something wrong with your ability to see what Lee can do. And it's fine that Lee isn't the type to be a run stuffing LB. That's not his strength. He's according to analytics one of the elite pass cover LB's from last year.

And in a league that's going to majority of shotgun snaps and 3-4 WR's, there's a demand for LB's who can cover these Uber athletic TE's and cover these RB's coming out of the backfield.

Lee is that.

In fact i wouldn't be surprised if Lee was the 3rd down/ pass down LB next to Mosley moreso then Williamson in a 4-2-5. Or possibly a 3-3-5 type look with Lee acting as someone who will blitz then goes out to cover. There's a definite role for him here. He just needs to keep his sh*t clean.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That's what was originally reported, however the league clarified the suspension was for substance abuse as apposed to substances of abuse.
    Peds = a ban for first offense. Marijuana = ban for second offense.
    Other recreational drugs get a ban on first offense.
    Where did you come up with peds only get a suspension on the 4th strike?
    First offense gets 4 games
    Second gets 10 games
    Third gets 2 years
    4th would likely lead to a lifetime ban.