2019 NFL Draft - Round 2 and 3 Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 26, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Braylon Edwards?

Cman68 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  2. DSL97

DSL97 Member

Well Butler is gone, Jets on clock

Edit: Jets traded back

3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It looks like the Coaching staff and FO really are happy with Harrison at center. I'm just getting home so trying to catch up on today's moves.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if i was mac, i'd be calling GB (who drafted C jenkins in the 2nd round) and seeing if i could swing a trade for their C by using picks and/or lee he's a great C and young and has 2 years left on his deal and they may look to save money by going with jenkins

King Koopa likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

Good idea. GB may be planning to play Jenkins at OG or RT, but it's worth a shot.

7. GasedAndConfused

no stone left unturned! i also looked at NO and Minn (who drafted mccoy and bradbury respectively) but wasn't worth trading for their currant guys lol. GB makes the most sense

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I received an 'alert' that you quoted my post. So I clicked on it to see no post of mine (that you obviously removed) but left the post above ("error").

Something you wanted to say? Clearly you prompted the 'alert' quote to get my attention, then pulled the quote and left the "error" post.... put simply, it's pretty obvious this was a 'hit-and-run' stunt knowing that if I called you on this that you could go crying to @Brook! and claim "victim." So knowing the truth here, I'm copying @Brook! here because I have no qualms in stating a fact: you probably post 10x more than anyone here and yet---in my opinion---you are one of the least informed and most unknowledgeable posters on TGG when it comes to the sport of football be it from a technical or a schematic standpoint. And again, no need to hide behind the "personal attack" excuse vis-a-vis an opinion -- there is a difference.

p.s. dig my sig - I didn't write it . . you did.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

For what it's worth - Green Bay's roster has Jenkins listed as a guard on their website.

10. NCJetsfan

You're mistaken. Nothing is obvious except in your biased mind. I didn't prompt the alert to get your attention. I didn't even know that deleting a post that one had written to a poster wouldn't delete the alert. I started to respond to some of your comments in the post I had quoted, but decided it would be futile and would probably only make things worse, so I deleted the post and put "error." You're certainly entitled to your opinion. It's obvious that you don't like me, and I could care less.

Yes, I've seen your signature, and I was classy enough to admit I was wrong about Darnold. Sorry that you carry grudges and feel the need to continue to attack me.

11. GasedAndConfused

lame if they use him at G lol

12. GasedAndConfused

i say give him a chance. he might surprise us. as fans something we see as a negative may not be viewed the same by the staffwho has more insight on players. harrison never really got a chance but has plenty of starting experience at C and with osemele next to him now which was anice upgrade over carpenter our o-line should at least be better then it was to start 2017. OT is going to be interesting though for next year

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That's where they need him; why is that lame?

14. GasedAndConfused

because he can play center and we needed a center lol they took a C to play at G that we could have really used

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

IMO He was underwhelming at best last year. He played 300 protection snaps last year and allowed 3 sacks, 2 QB hits, 8 pressures and committed 4 penalties. Fortunately Sam is mobile but constant pressure up the middle will cause breakdowns for the offense. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a trade or vet signing.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

it's tough to come in midway into the season with a shakey o-line and rookie QB. this yeah he'll have the whole offseason to practice and gel with the o-line and plus osemele is a nice upgrade at G over carpenter as well. the C rarely has to block 1 on 1 in the NFL. they often help out one of the guards unless a guard shifts to help a tackle. as long as he can be decent and snap the ball (lol) and make the right calls on the line he could do ok. doens't hurt to give him 1 year to prove if he can do it. and if not we can always look to draft one next year to replace him.

17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA

NCJetsfan likes this.