ETA ‘till Stephen A Smith calls giants racist for not drafting a black QB

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Faux machine, Apr 26, 2019.

?

As the tread title asks

Poll closed May 6, 2019.
  1. By Monday

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. By Wednesday

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. By Friday

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I’m calling this one in advance. Place your bets people.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Jalen Ramsey cashed in the race card on the jags last nite for passing on Haskins so I am going to say Monday if not earlier

3. Faux machine

I totally agree, he’s popping off Sunday to make the Monday morning news

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Wait what? Didn't the Jags...just pay $80 million for Foles? What the hell were they gonna get another QB at #7 OA for?

5. Faux machine

Obviously you don’t understand because you’re too blinded by your racism.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

ok, looked for the tweet and I read it wrong, he was insinuating the giants were racism. than noted @jags on the clock.
    my mistake.

7. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Everything he says is scripted to begin with. His job is controversy.
    He does what he's told.
    The Giants have obviously made a premeditated effort to never start a black QB long term.Neither have the Packers.
    It's not coincidence when it's been this long.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In fairness, Gettleman is more proof of White privilege.

sozopol, Faux machine and abyzmul like this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I've already heard fans say it on twitter. Somebody will bring it up. I think Gettleman is just a bad GM. It happens.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Didn't the Giants pass on a white Sam last year for a black Barkley?

Who cares if NYG has never featured a black starting QB before? I guess the 49ers, Colts, Pats should have never started Montana/Yoing, Manning and Brady and just replaced them with a black QB to not be considered racist franchises?

What a racist league against black players. I mean, aren't most GM's drafting white RB's/WR's/CB's these days? lol crazy talk.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The ironic thing is that Haskins ended up being selected by the Washington REDSKINS

12. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Saying white QBS have been successful, doesn't really prove theres no racist behavior in the front office. It's' more strategic,savvy and corporate then that.
    And The Pats cater to a racist Boston audience. They also have never had a long term black QB.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  13. Faux machine

It’s already widely known that the Washington redskins prep their towels in the weight room with small pox just in case one sneaks through. Totally different scenario here.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  14. Faux machine

Exactly. You can’t have the guido’s and the mick’s getting upset and stop buying merchandise now can you?

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I went to the AZ/Redskins opener last year in AZ. Walking in from the parking lot there was a major protest by local Indians against Washington using the Redskins name. A couple of thousand Indians with posters asking people to sign petitions and stop buying Redskins gear.

There are definitely native Indians in this country who are offended by this.

As a footnote to your post. In super bowl 23 Doug Williams had the greatest QB super bowl performance in Super Bowl history up to that point. Haskins is going to a team that made history with a black QB.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Well yeah, obviously, but burden of proof is on the positive claim. If you say there is racism involved here, it needs to demonstrated.

Today, people are very quick to throw the race card in people's face for no reason at all, just assuming it's the reason because the guy is black. QBs fall all the time, there's not always a racial motivator behind it. It's just manufactured controversy to rile people up emotionally.

Didn't a black QB just go number 1 overall? You don't see people screaming that the Cards are racist against white players for ditching Rosen and drafting a black dude to take his place, losing TONS of value on the pick.

It's dumb. Front offices judge based on talent, not race. Most organizations know that getting talent is the best way to make more money. It serves them no purpose to ignore a talented black athlete to bring in a sub par white one. Whether these guys are racist or not, $$$$ is the primary motivator for them all.

Freddy Mondo and CotcheryFan like this.
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Rosen is a Jewish atheist. It's a very conservative christian town. They replaced a Jewish atheist with a born again Christian African American. The decision was made by the owners son, who's not a football guy. Saying it's all about talent when the talent guys aren't making the decision may or may not be true. Apparently Snyder made the decision in Washington to take Haskins. I suspect Snyder, as much as an ass that he is, understands his fan base just as much as Bidwill does.

I don't know if race plays into or not? I suspect owners who get involved in the QB decision, the guy that represents the franchise to the fan base aren't making a decision based just on talent.

Much of racism like sexism and all forms of bigotry are extremely subtle. Hard to know what motivates people and why? You can justify anything based on your bias. People who are ultra successful often operate on the very edge of conventional wisdom, decency and the law.

18. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

There is no such thing as burden of proof. That's made up logic. This assumes the other side is right or proven to begin with,which it isnt. You simply believe the other side because others do and you heard it 100 times. I've proven games are staged with my examples. You just choose not to believe those examples prove it.
    You are half right when you say it's made up controversy. Most media is propaganda, so you waste time talking about trivial crap that doesn't exist. They make things up about the black players to make you assume things and subliminally you dislike them. Geno Smith for instance.. he didn't get hit in the face in the locker room about a bet. That was all made up so you think he's a problem..oh, and coincidentally another black QB pushed to the side= subliminal racism.
    In the last 50 years, there's been a ton of black QBs. But some how, some way,they always get pushed to the bench or out the league. It's always in the guise of- mobile QBS dont' last,or some such thing. Or its,always them in the worse aspects of the negative spotlight. Funny how most mobile guys just happen to be black. Yet a mobile white guy, Steve Young, wins a SB.

But also, these players are no angels either. Going along with my understanding of entertainment sports. These players agree to be shamed in the media. Thats why they get paid 7 digits.
    I could go on and on, but I know it blows your mind and you call it trolling lol.
    The world is not some cookie cutter honest place and just because no one's
    Burning crosses on people's lawns, doesn't mean racism isn't alive and well and thriving. I'll have more on field examples later.

19. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

The Williams example:
    One game, one black QB. That doesn't prove theres no racism.
    You see, he only started like 3 or 5 games that year. They made sure he didn't have a great statistical year, so he's barely remembered. They make sure to make Gibbs the ultimate reason they won because he won multiple SBS with not so greatest QBs.
    It is interesting that the only 2 black QBS to win SBs, we'e on American Indian themed team names/ mascots. The seahawk is from a totem pole. That makes me think that they hide the history of black indian tribes that were here in America.
    Which may mean KC might be due for a SB in a couple/few years.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Who said it proved there is no racism? You're not just a troll you're dumb as a stomp.