Status of The Team and Jets Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 27, 2019.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Glenn nailed it!

We have addressed everything this offseason with the exception of C, not only that but the moves were made with young or in-their-prime players making this a longevity build with the future in mind.

SOJ-fanbase

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Amen.

Mac is doing a very good job imo. The hate he gets perplexed me.

Let’s go sign a center post draft (Sullivan), and grab a wr or cb top of this coming round (4).

3. DarrelleRevis.Human?

These ''fans" just want to reinforce this false narrative they have built in their mind by denying reality.

The only way this draft could've been any better so far is if McGovern hadn't been selected only 2 spots ahead of us by a very unlikely suitor in Dallas.

Noam and FJF like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Where are the videos of fans freaking out?

Disagreeing with selection because some guys wanted Allen or a trade back is not freaking out.

I saw a video of a Giants fan who nearly pulled his shorts over his head because of the Jones pick.

The second round of this years draft had 5 top five offensive linemen taken immediately showing how important the trenches are.

As a reminder this is Macs 5th year as GM team is still not on the verge of turning it around, fans as well as pros see a turn around time of 2020 or beyond.

I’m not freaking out about it, but I’m not expecting anything from Mac either.

boozer32, FlaJet, tomdeb and 7 others like this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I mean last year did teach us how important a center can be.

I don't think its "freaking out" that the team hasn't really addressed such a big issue from last season.

Having said that, overall this has been a solid offseason. If Darnold ups his game, I cant see why they won't at least be competitive.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Not even on "the verge"?

No words...

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Winovich, Ferguson or Layne could all have been had at 68. All have significantly less danger signs than Polite and just as proven if not more so. Bad whiff by Mac. No need to gamble on a questionable character guy there. Here's the rub on Polite:

Jachai Polite, EGE, Florida

It's more than just the bad combine, that caused his fall, he didn't get a good recommendation from the staff in Florida. He also, after the combine, went to his pro day and gained weight. There's a bad track record of pass rushers from Florida.

Bad combine, not highly endorsed by his own coaching staff, put on extra bad weight recently and Florida's piss poor record of pass rushers recently. WTF is Mac thinking?

Could've had any of the high character, productive guys I listed above. Another wasted mid round pick by Mac. These are the type of picks that kill the building and depth of a good NFL roster.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Jets haven’t made the playoffs in how many years? How long has Mac been here?

I can’t say I see lots of people freaking out. It’s mostly people pointing out the holes in the team and hoping they get filled.

Brook!, Wahoo, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

No-one is freaking out. I think it's been a reasonable draft and free agency. The pessimists amongst us, myself included, are just seeing the same decisions made over-and-over again. If you watch the Jets long enough, we always come full circle.

10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Darnold seems even better when the pocket breaks down and he's scrambling around. Not signing a centre is part of the plan. ;-)

Brook! likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I like FA better than the draft so far.

NYJetsO12 and James Hasty like this.
  12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I echo that the actual false narrative here is “fans freaking out.” I have seen none of that here - I’ve seen a few people dislike a lot about this draft, I’ve seen some people (like me) raise questions but ultimately say that we’ll have to see, and I’ve seen most people say nothing. And almost everyone has praised the free agent moves, just lamented that signing a center wasn’t one of them.

And until the team actually wins something they haven’t earned any benefit of the doubt anyway.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’m willing to give the kid a chance, watch the video he admits his mistakes and how he wasn't prepared mentally for the situations he was going to face.

Remember though this is not just Mac his scouting director goes back to his days in Houston with the exception of 1 or 2 guys how did that team do when the same group of people were involved in scouting?

On paper some of the things he has done are fine but we will see how it plays out in the fall.

#13 Red Menace, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    K'OB and James Hasty like this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

When Mangold walked out on stage to announce our pick, I was hoping he'd tear the card in half and announce his comeback.

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets have accomplished a lot of things this off season but to be fair I would not check off “ poss future LT “ . The chance of Edoga taking over at LT is minimal. I think he was drafted with an eye on depth for this year and possibly taking over on the right side next year whether it be at at T or G.

LT should be at the top of the list next year.

The Jets are not a finished product but they are getting closer .

#15 mrjet80, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    NCJetsfan, James Hasty and stinkyB like this.
  16. JetsNation06

Sure I'll always give a kid a chance to prove if he can make it or not. That said, Mac's overall draft philosophy stinks. This kid is a bigger gamble than say a Winovich or Ferguson because of his baggage, it's real and it's there. I hope he overcomes it but no need for Mac to reach there when those others are still on the board. If he thinks the kid is more talented than the others I mentioned than so be it. However the red flags are there.

Same with Edoga. His flags are more physical. I'd choose McGovern over him everyday and McG also played C. Sure it's his whole staff but Mac's the head honcho. It all rolls up to him. Both picks I think have a higher level of risk than necessary. Would've rather more sound alternatives but we'll see.

17. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think they wanted McGovern but Dallas stole him two picks before they took Edoga.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your idea of giving him a chance is declaring him a wasted pick?

K'OB, Ralebird and James Hasty like this.
  19. JetsNation06

Like I said I'd much rather the alternative but at the same time I'm willing to give every kid a shot. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I would say creating threads looking to start GoFundMe accounts to put put billboards and plane flyovers to fire Macc qualifies as freaking out.

FlaJet, TonyFtLaud, Ralebird and 2 others like this.