At least we're not the Giants

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Sam Hammer, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

This had me dying.

When the Jets were on the clock I was chanting for Josh Allen the same way he was. But at least Q was understandable and considered by many as the best player in the draft. Jones was barely a first rounder, let alone 6 overall. Redskins are laughing their asses off.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

@Hackenberg Here's a conspiracy for you. Gettleman grew up in Boston. So Belichick sent him to destroy the Giants to avenge the Pats' 2008 and 2012 Super Bowl defeats.

abyzmul, stinkyB and Brook! like this.
  3. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Belichick is just another puppet like the rest of the coaches. A reason he coached in Cleveland before NE, is because Cleveland owned the first long term Dynasty before the merger.. Notice in the 100th anniversary commercial, Brady hands Baker M. His rings.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

-Pick 6
    LOLLLL

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

So last year Gettleman didn't think any of the QB's were great prospects, but this year he reaches for Jones at 6?
    lol, that team is a total train wreck.
    Darnold will haunt them for years. I hope Haskins does also.

6. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Even though it is all everyone talks about, I still don't think they are talking about it enough. Gettleman is doing such a bad job it is almost like it is on purpose.

Red Menace and GordonGecko like this.
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

This is going to turn out to be a much better pick than people think.

There is a strong chance he becomes the best QB in this draft.

Add that they got Dexter Lawrence who many believed before this year was going to be a top 5 pick, The Giants had a good day yesterday,

stinkyB likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

How do you come by that conclusion? He drafted Barkley. Now you can make the argument he isn't as valuable as a QB prospect. You can't make the argument that it means he didn't think any of the QB's were a great prospect. Barkley wasn't a prospect, he was the best running back on the planet.

Draft grades before guys have developed from prospect to NFL players mean nothing. Barkley was the best all around back in the NFL the first time he stepped on the field.

Hackenberg likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Time will tell with the Giants... by my God at least we aren't the Raiders.....

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Hard to know who had a good day yesterday. Draft grades should be made in 4 years.

HomeoftheJets and onefanjet like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Questionable decision making. Let Snacks go for a 5th round pick and then draft Dexter Lawrence

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

was listening to the radio this morning and one of the hosts is a giants fan and when they did their sports talk he was ripping gettleman and called him a douchebag. he was like at some point you need to realize you can't keep saying everyone but you is wrong

13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

He is Idzik 2.0. They could have had Josh Allen at 6 and Josh Rosen (or Jones) with the 17. Instead they get a project QB. They also traded their 4th and 5th to move up from 37 to 30 for a CB. Crazy. Lawrence will be good, but those other 2 picks are head scratchers.

stinkyB likes this.
  14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I read that they might give Jones the Aaron Rodgers treatment(sit him a few years behind Eli before taking over). With rookie contracts being shorter and QB's showing whether or not they belong by year 2, this sounds like a foolish strategy.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/26/d...niel-jones-draft-giants-franchise-quarterback

15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I may actually listen to Francesa for the first time in a while today, judging by his Twitter a royal rant is coming at 3 - and not about the Jets.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

While final grades take years - you can tell somewhat how a team fared based on need and risk of choices taken.
    Opposite the Giants you can look at the Raiders and say WTF.

I have seen Jones play in person twice. He is mechanically sound with good footwork, he was coached by one of the best in Cutcliffe.
    Kyler Murray is way more of a risk - boom or bust material.

Dexter Lawrence on the other hand was a top 5 recruit out of high school and is an absolute stud.
    Yes, I am biased that he is from my hometown and played for my son’s high school - 3 time 4AA NC State Football Champions

17. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, it's way worse than it looked at first - and it looked BAD at first. Holy WOW.

[​IMG]

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I think killing the Giants for taking Jones at 6 is a little nuts. He was moving up draft boards, they like him and to let him slide to 17 and they don't get him is way too big a risk. This was a loaded first round for D and there simply was no point in risking losing a QB prospect that they believed in.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Bigger shock to me is that people really broadcast themselves looking like douchebags yelling at the TV alone in an empty room.... and that people watch?

20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2018/04/27/dave-gettleman-giants-didnt-fall-in-love-with-a-qb/
    Gettleman didn't fall in love with any of the 2018 QB's. He said so himself.
    The guy is clueless and reaching now to make up for last year's mistake.