Entirely Hypothetical: Darnold or Mayfield?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Apr 10, 2019.

?

Trade Darnold for Mayfield?

1. Yes

8.0%
  2. No

92.0%
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Can you not ever let an Allen conversation pass you by?

Read it and go smh (or whatever that thing is lol) and laugh to yourself and go about your business, instead you may well get another 4 or 5 pages of the same old roundabout of tit for tat arguments ;)

ps this is just a friendly comment btw :)

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'm responding to someone that responded to me. It's not that big a deal, really. Seems pretty civil.

3. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

More people respond to my posts than any of yours. Sounds like you’re projecting.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Go watch some of the highlights from the MN game. Freak talent.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Nah, just making a point that Allen is a glorified Logan Thomas back when he was a QB.

6. BroadwayAaron

He threw for 194 yards and 1 TD. Yes he ran for 2 TDs (3.9 ypc) but again I'm talking about Allen as a PASSER. The running game is not sustainable without a credible threat through the air. Allen isn't that unless he's chucking and praying.

Noam and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. Bills over Jets

He has similar if not better stats than darnold, so what does that make Sam then? I think it’s more likely that he is not Logan Thomas.

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The difficulty of throws and plays Darnild makes are much harder, more Advanced and more consistent. Darnold had to make plays on his own. No QB in football threw in worse passing situations than Darnold did throwing in more third and ten situations than anyone.

Darnold created plays with his feet from the pocket. Allen created plays running because he cannot throw from the pocket. Allen did a great job running but he cannot consistently throw simple throws from the pocket. All defenses have to do is keep Allen from escaping the pocket and force him to throw. Allen is unable to make simple throws that move the chains. Defenses gameplan against his running first and dare him to throw the ball because they know he cant. He takes more big hits than any qb I have seen in a long time. It is not sustainable.

Allen's only weapon is his feet while Darnold is his arm, his ability to quickly process information, and his ability to create plays out if nothing. There is a reason why people like Romo believe Darnold will become the best QB in football. He is that good.

Allen simply cannot play QB. The Bill's would be smart to position themselves to draft a qb in 2020. They have a really good team they just need a not terrible QB.

Brook! likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Allen ain’t that bad guys.... he might actually be good.
    This Bills dude Is a total troll of course. But I don’t think Allen is as shitty as we wish he was

Brook! and FJF like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

I'll ask again... what does he do well besides run? He could barely throw a screen pass, and I'm not exaggerating. He was well below league average throwing to his right and that includes throwing behind the LOS, which is alarming. He also didn't complete a single pass over 20 yards to the middle of the field. Not a single pass. Also alarming. The only spot he was at or above league average was throwing to the middle of the field within 10 yards of the LOS.

These things would be ok if there was a solid foundation, but there isn't. You can't point to any stretch of his collegiate career or short NFL career that says he can sustainability be a competent passer.

And to tie it back to the actual topic... you have the body of work with Mayfield and Darnold that show the players get "it". You have 4 game stretches like Darnold's last 4 games that show you oh, this kid is for real. Mayfield is definitely a step above that for sure but because we've seen it in college and in the pros, I have no doubt whatsoever that Sam is going to be a great QB as long as we don't F him up. His struggles don't worry me anywhere near as much as Allen's should worry Bills fans.

Noam likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I didn't ask what his stats were. Did you watch the tape?

12. Bills over Jets

Those are some extremely general statements and conclusions you’re making lol. You watched all the games? You broke down the all 22? Lol.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Josh Allen has set some records in his rookie year. He's got some freaky talent.

I actually watched a bunch of Bills games last year...never done that before.:confused:

Per Wikipedia-

NFL records
    • First quarterback to rush for at least 95 yards in three consecutive games (Week 12–14, 2018)
    • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a 3 game span: 335 (Week 12–14, 2018)
    Bills franchise records
    • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game (135)
    • Longest touchdown pass by a rookie quarterback (75 yards)
    • First quarterback to lead the team in both passing and rushing
    • Most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season (631)
    • Most total touchdowns by a rookie: (18)

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Young Sam Darnold
    [​IMG]

Young Josh Allen

[​IMG]

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I love my dick too.

I'm faithful to my penis...we're bonded for life.

16. BrowningNagle

I didn’t read most of your post. But to answer your question - “what does he do well besides run?” The answer is, he throws a great deep ball in all weather.

Allen had his struggles but so did all the rookies. Too early to tell on him but if you write him off, you risk looking like a fool in a couple years cause I saw some nice things.

His receivers were way shittier than any of the other rookies as well. I would Like to see he does with some NFL pass catchers first before I call him a bust

17. BroadwayAaron

Yes.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/every-josh-allen-throw-vs-vikings-week-3

What exactly am I supposed to be blown away by here?

-First three completions were behind the LOS
    -TD to a WIDE open player because of busted coverage
    -Defender dropped an INT on a bomb over the middle
    -Nice scramble and throw on the move, hits a completely wide open Ivory who goes a solid 50 yards before there's a defender
    -Risky throw into double coverage, receiver makes a strong-handed play
    -Another throw behind the LOS
    -Nice back shoulder fade
    -Heaves one up the right sideline and the receiver makes a GREAT grab. Good placement though.
    -Quick comeback route (on a 3rd and 20 for about 8 yards...)
    -Sideline throw to an open receiver
    -This is the first throw I've seen that impressed me: scrambled, surveyed, tough throw across his body to the receiver
    -Stands in a clean pocket for a good 4-5 seconds and hits a wide open receiver in the middle of the field

Now you can be sure I saw every throw from that game. Outside of that one really nice play, he was about as pedestrian as pedestrian gets. This was the game that you pointed to when labeling him a freak, so it was a pretty big letdown honestly. Like I said, he is exactly who we thought he was. Or most of us thought he was.

18. BroadwayAaron

At least you admit to being uninformed.

19. BrowningNagle

He also tweeted how he loves penis too, not that there is anything wrong with that

20. BrowningNagle

Hahaha! Are you suggesting that since I didn’t read most of your nonsense, I am admitting I am uninformed?

That some Junc-level arrogance right there!