Frank Clark mock trade

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Mario, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Would anyone swap 1sts with Seattle this year for Frank Clark? They would get pick 3, the Jets would get Clark and pick 21.

Clark turns 26 in June and had 13 sacks last year.

Trade allows Jets to get a pass rusher and another 1st round pick (oline?). Seahawks can take Allen at 3rd and use the savings to pay Wilson.

Thoughts?

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i need a 2020 2nd rounder as well to start talking with them. 21 to 3 is a HUGE jump.

Mr mittens and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Josh Allen > Frank Clark

Mr mittens and Sam Hammer like this.
  4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Proven Commodity > Unproven Commodity

I love Josh Allen, but to say you would prefer Allen over Clark?

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Would you take Allen or Clark and still have a 1st for someone else?

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Not a bad trade. I would also look into trading our 2020 1st to Cards for their 2019/2020 2nds. Their 2019 2nd is 33 overall, pretty close to a 1st.

8. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

To make this an even trade we would need the 8th pick in the draft Seattle's 21st pick for our 1st rounder and our 3rd rounder (or 2nd next year).

So no this is not a good trade for us.

A fair and more realistic trade would be trade down 3 to 4 spots get 2 to 3 2nd round picks plus the 6th to 8th pick in the draft and then trade our 3rd for clark or next years 2nd which is the value Ford netted.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Why can’t we just trade our 3rd or next year’s second without trading down?

Mr mittens likes this.
  10. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

That would be fair value and my apologies as I was not very clear. I wanted to make the point that swapping the 3rd for the 21st is not a good idea as it is equal to the value of the 8th pick in the draft. Or in other words the third pick equals the 8th pick plus the 21st. So if we do what the OP proposes we are essentially giving seattle the equivalent of the 8th pick for Clark which is a terrible deal for us. Doing almost anything else would be superior to such a trade.

FJF likes this.
  11. Think Seattle would have any interest in Mr Lee? They love reclamation projects & i think Carroll would value Lee’s movement skills in his D.

Just a thought.

12. Martin&theJETS

It is a similar thing to Kirk Cousins or a Rookie QB? Take someone that is maybe, at best, top 10 at his position or roll the dice with a top pick on a kid that has the potential to be an elite player at his position.

13. Martin&theJETS

It depends. Not just for a swap of 1st rounders. I am really high on Josh Allen.

KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

hasn't proven he can play 3-4 OLB though and will cost a ton more then allen as well

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Rookie deal > 17 mill for one season and needing to be resigned. This is why NFL teams value picks so much its the only way to supplement talent and control costs at the same time.
    Clark is good, but at that cost he is not 3 to 21 good. Seattle would have to add more.

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Better to just draft a pass rusher and it will be a whole lot cheaper. Clark is looking at 20 million. I think the Seahawks are not that dumb to trade a talent like Clark and a first for a swap of 1st round picks. Why don't we just take Allen and be done with it?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm not passing on Josh Allen for an older player, proven or not.

I absolutely love college football and my two favorite conferences are without question the SEC & ACC.

Well. Josh Allen not only improved each and every season on an overmatched Kentucky program within the SEC but improved every year to the point of he just broke an All-Time SEC conference record for most sacks during a single season.

That. Is impressive.

Especially while not being surrounded by elite talent throughout Kentucky's defense. He still dominated. Now surround him alongside of players such as Jamal Adams, C.J Mosley and Leonard Williams and watch him become a freakish nightmare.

I don't really pay attention to Kentucky as I do other SEC teams. Came into the season with hopes to see Bosa falling to the Jets. Never heard of this Josh Allen kid. And then it happened. Broke the all time SEC single season sack record. His drop back into coverage ability is rare too; I hate the idea of trading back both Bosa and Allen are too talented to pass up.

#17 DefenseWinsChampionships, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  18. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Seattle wants at least a second round pick for Clark . The Jets would have to give up their 2020 first rounder ( Worth second rounder in 2019) They are going to take the best offer for Him. Say the Colts , or the Raiders were willing to trade a second rounder for Clark.

The Jets would have to get a pick that was higher than both of those teams in the second round to get him.