New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

If they field teated I’m 99.9999 percent sure the majority would lean towards the 80’s logo that at least tried to incorporate jet like features

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The Jaguars and Browns made bold exiting changes? Where are those uniforms now? Along with the Dolphins. Or when the Bills and Vikings tried it. You are asking for garbage, and when Nike delivers garbage and other teams laugh at us you're going to want to change back to a classic uniform. Learn from other moron teams mistakes

BacktoQueens, AJW and Jets_Grinch like this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Look back on page 148 of this thread at a tweet from a guy named Nick. Open the square box where he describes the new uniforms - he mentions a Jets like element on the helmets ...this was the major “ leak “ from yesterday anyway LOL

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. mrjet80

This is not reflective of the new uniform or logo - this is just a secondary logo if that .
    I really think the new uniform is going to have a completely different logo ...

Jets_Grinch and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

You could be right. I would just completely get rid of the old logo if you're getting a brand new helmet logo. It's the helmet logo is what teams are known for. It would be a mixed messages type approach

6. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

that cannot be the logo. LOL. Like someone else said, its not that the logo is so bad, its that theyve been promoting this unveiling for months and talking about a bold new Jets so this cannot de it. I mean....can it??

7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

The more I think about it the more I think this is a secondary logo. The team and Nike knew the draft hats would go out early and have tried so hard to avoid leaks. I don't think they are desperate enough to send out a completly falsified logo but like the NY one I posted earlier or the NYJ from around 1999 this will likely be used for advertising and merch with another main logo on the uniforms and used on TV etc.

KurtTheJetsFan and mrjet80 like this.
  8. mrjet80

No

9. I think there are exceptions.

Vikings,eagles,Rams..anything w wings or antlers.Jets could potentially fit this grouping

Personally ive always felt the oval logo was better suited on the jersey while the 80s logo better on the helmet.

NCJetsfan, mrjet80 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  10. mrjet80

I agree 100%.....

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

In the Dead of night to sneak the ugly mother fucker through when everybody is asleep.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Looks like ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag. The (new?) logo is fine but a hat with green panels, white panels and black panels with the "scrambled eggs" on the brim is crap.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I know that's a joke, but there were embroidery spots on the street in Seoul that you could take a catalog to and have them do a half assed decent job creating a fake hat or jersey. That picture looks pretty close to a hat I had made there about 25 years ago.

14. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I loved those uniforms!!! Beat the orange helmet with the word Bengals on it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

That is likely the new logo. It will probably be on the chest of the jerseys as the old logo was. There will be something new for the helmets, probably similar to the jet tail that's been leaked, hence the similarities to the Eagles uni.
    The "star" of the uniforms is supposedly the color, and the original tweets showing the draft cap reportedly do now capture a good likeness of the actual color. If you look at the merchandise on the Jets shop, there are even " throwbacks" with a very vivid green.
    I know someone was looking for the classic hat with the jumbo jet logo earlier in the thread, it's available there as well on clearance if anyone knows who it was you can pass it on.

16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

OMG 2 more freaking days for the start of the magical season and the new Jets!

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I wasn't joking...it looks like a cheap knockoff.

But I'd rather have that than most of the crap I've seen on this thread.

If we go all neon day-glo post apocalyptic thematically ghey.... we'll look like assholes on the turf.

I'd really like to got with the simple Jets swoosh...solid green helmets with white jerseys.

It worked for Joe Klecko.

NCJetsfan and Jets_Grinch like this.
  18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Very poor logo if true. As others have noted I can't see this on helmets, only as a patch. The green seems unchanged from the current hunter green, but that might just be a lighting thing. However a third of the cap appears to be black which does tend to suggest it's not a knockoff thing. I can't see anyone putting black segments into a cap just because they feel like it is going to be there.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Seems like they listened to fans old and new.

They appease the older "purists" with an updated logo not too far off the current one (to be used as an alternate) and they appease the "millennials" with something flashy and busy (as the primary).

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

These uniforms and the new logo have been kept under tighter wraps than the contents of the Mueller report. I would be pretty shocked if the way it leaks is a preview of this year’s draft caps.

And if that is the new logo, yay. Who cares?