Jets- Redskins blockbuster trade Mock Draft.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Mar 25, 2019.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to the trade. CB and edge are definitely an issue but if the Jets did this they'd take Bradbury at 15. They need a center. I think the edge and cb would come later. Be a fun month now to hear all the rumors and what will happen.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That would be an awesome haul for the trade down. Adding Washington's 1st and 2nd round picks next year would position the Jets perfectly to get their future LT and quite possibly an excellent WR and RB prospect as well as a potential OL starter or two or at least depth/competion. Getting Burns at #15 would have to be almost guaranteed to make the trade down work, however!

The 2nd round pick is awful, especially with Garrett Bradbury sitting right there and the Jets huge need at C (in spite of what Mac might think). For that matter, Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown would be a better pick than Mullen. I've seen Clemson play quite a few games the last several seasons and have never once been impressed with their CB play. Mullen might be a good prospect, but he's not a better prospect than Bradbury imo, and while CB is a need, it isn't bigger than C. We cannot have Harrison starting at C. If we do, we might as well kiss Sam goodbye. He'll never finish the 2019 season healthy.

I would also hate that the Pats get Daniel Jones, the most NFL-ready QB in the draft class.

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

no way the skins offer that much. snyder should be castrated if they did that. geez IF the jets receive anything close to that package they should also be castrated if they do NOT win the AFC for a couple years starting in 2021.

edit - that 2020 second rounder is basically for free so no way snyder does that.

especially given the likely fact that the skins will finish at least in the bottom third next year.

if i was GM i would gladly ask for next years second (in addition to the first) but would gladly settle for next years 3rd rounder

#23 jilozzo, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  4. NCJetsfan

No, they wouldn't take Bradbury at #15, not in a million years. The one thing we know about Mac is he doesn't reach for players, he goes BPA, and Bradbury wouldn't even be remotely close to the BPA at that point in the draft. Taking Bradbury at #15 would be a colossal reach of epic proportions. Mac would get laughed out of the NFL, and he would deserve to be fired at that point and not even allowed to finish the draft. Besides, adding an edge rusher is just as important as adding a C. After Burns and Polite, the talent at edge rusher drops off quite a bit.

5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I thought I had read Bradbury was going to go 15-25. Just looked it up seems to be 25-35. You're probably right. Too soon. Like you said maybe Burns or Polite or Greedy Williams at 15 and then McCoy or one of the other centers at 46. I'd be ok with that.

6. jilozzo

if we indeed do end up in the 13-17 area, CB does become a real possibility, again! As unpopular that may be, it is a necessity. The more i think about it - we may end up really solidifying the OL in NEXT years draft and free agency. A team can rebuild at least 1/2 of that unit in one off-season with the right moves. Only caveat is Darnold really needs a damn center asap - either a solid rookie he can grow with or a savvy veteran.

7. NCJetsfan

Yeah, at best, I have seen Bradbury projected at the bottom of the 1st round (#25-32), but have also seen him projected in the 2nd round. That's why I reacted so strongly. Some other GMs might reach like that, but Mac doesn't reach out of need. Even if I thought it was a good idea and wanted Mac to take Bradbury at #15, I know that he wouldn't. Heck, we'll be lucky if Mac drafts a C at all. He may not be bluffing. Knowing Mac and his disdain for OL, he might be perfectly happy rolling with Harrison as his starting C. If so, he should be fired. I would definitely prefer Mac reaching for Bradbury over not drafting a C at all or not drafting a C that has a chance of starting early in the season. After Jenkins, all bets are off as to whether any of the rest could start and play well enough. For that matter, maybe Jenkins and Bradbury may not even be able to do that, but I think they can.

8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Agree with you 100%. Drives me nuts how much he and others have neglected the offensive line. From 2000-2012 we had some of the best lines in football. Is it coincidence that there is one and another potential Hall of Fame Center, a potential Hall of Fame Guard in Fanaca and a Jets Ring of Honor player in Brick? Why our GM's have neglected that the past ten years is nuts. Plus all the defense we have picked. A bunch of the guys never made it to their second contract and players like Henry Anderson, Marques Douglas, and others have helped us. Boggles my mind. We still have many needs but if the Jets went all offense this draft it wouldn't upset me. They need it.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed. Next year's Redskins picks >> this year's. That should be the focus.

MoWilkBeast and CotcheryFan like this.
  10. The 2nd round pick would infuriate me. That pick needs to be offense.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

People talking about missing out on a center, I'm more angry about not getting Deebo Samuel. He also solves our kick / punt returner issues also. Imagine him and Crowder catching passes from Sam

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  12. jilozzo

do think someone will try to leap over the pats but they do have some draft capital so wouldn't also be surprised if the pats themselves moved higher on draft day to pick him.

13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Like I said in this post or another all this speculation. With under a month to go things can change. The biggest part of this where does Rosen go? If he goes to Washington then our only deal could be the Giants. If he goes to the Giants are the Redskins willing to pay this much? Miami we'd be crazy to trade with so it'll come down to the AFC East teams. Maybe we convince the Raiders to come up for an extra third. I don't know but either way I hope we add picks and get offensive line help, an edge rusher and cb along the way and many more offensive help. Be a fun few weeks.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Make this happen please

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Oh man. If we can trade down AND still get Allen...this would be an outstanding off season.

Donttasemebro, NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

Playing Devil's Advocate, if 4 QBs are rated in the top 10, would the Giants, Raiders or Bucs need to trade up? For that matter, Washington wouldn't either unless they only liked one QB.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Depends on the teams' draft boards, I suspect.

If there are 4 QBs rated that high, you wouldn't want to show your cards too soon (ie like the Jets did trading up to 3 ahead of the draft). I think, based on Maccagnan's thoughts last presser, the former is where he feels we are right now.

18. NCJetsfan

Of course smart teams aren't going to show their cards. That's not the point I was trying to make. The Raiders have pick #4, the Bucs have pick #5, and the Giants have pick #6. If 4 QBs are all rated as top 10 picks, then their ratings would probably be pretty similar. Of course, each team has its own value board and rankings, but unless those three teams only liked one or two of the QBs and not the others, they wouldn't need to trade up unless they feared another team trading up ahead of them to take the QB they want. The Raiders and Bucs would be pretty much guaranteed of getting one of the 4. Even the Giants would be.They know the Niners and the Jets aren't gonna take a QB. Even if the Cardinals take Murray, that still leaves 3 QBs for those 3 teams, unless both the Niners and the Jets trade down with teams looking for a QB, and I think the odds of that are pretty high. The only real question is would they be happy with any of the 4, or would they only be happy with one or two of those 4?

The only other teams that I know of that are looking for a QB that draft lower are the Broncos (#10), the Dolphins (#13), the Redskins (#15), and maybe the Patriots (#32). If one of those previously-mentioned 3 teams didn't take a QB, one would likely be there for the Broncos at #10. If a 5th QB was listed as a 1st round pick then maybe the Dolphins or Redskins wouldn't even have to try to trade up, as one of them could just take the 5th QB. Since Miami is supposedly tanking for next year's draft, and they aren't going to make a trade deal with the Jets, that would leave the Redskins the 5th QB, unless the Patriots traded up ahead of them. It would cost the Patriots a bloody fortune to move up from #32 into the top 5 picks. Even if the Patriots have the draft capital to pull it off and are willing to expend it, is another team going to help them find Brady's successor? The Patriots have a 1st, 2-second round picks, 3-third round picks, a fourth and a fifth. I think it would take most, if not all of that to move up into the top 5, and it doesn't seem like the Patriots to expend a lot of picks trading up. They almost always trade down or out of a round in exchange for future picks. Chances are the picks next year will be at or near the bottom of each round, so they don't even have the value that other teams' future picks would have.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Theoretically you could sit tight and take what comes to you but that’s leaving a lot to chance. You look at the last 3 drafts and every 1st rd qb but baker at 1 was a trade up .

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Sure, why not. Look at us last year