Gase Press Conference 3/26

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Mar 26, 2019.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Man, this is so refreshing having a coach answer the questions with an attitude and with passion and knowing both sides of the ball. haters will hate but there is no way, deep down, you ain't impressed by his honest and complete answers compared to our last coach. leave at that.

2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I like the idea that he's willing to adapt & tweaks the play book to suit the players. I like that he answers questions with a full answer not one line or even one word answers Like Bowles. I am starting to feel good about the Gase hireing. He seems to have a real passion for the game. He also shows a lot more personality, something I was worried about after that infamous introduction press conference.

#2 BudJet, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    sec314 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

a lot of coaches do this, but I really do enjoy hearing Gase talk football. Really looking forward to this system.

BudJet likes this.
  4. Bowles took it to another level. He made Mangini press conferences seem like Jerry Glanville. No energy, no passion & quite often didn't even make sense,coming across as clueless.

Since about 2007 when NYJ.COM started posting every press conference Ive literally made it a point to listen to every single one. Season,offseason,OTA'S, league meetings, draft..you name it. That streak ended year 3 of Bowles. Just unbearable to listen to on many fronts.

#4 KurtTheJetsFan, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2019
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me

Even with the bar set so low by ShitBowl, (and Rex to be fair) you can see Gase has a handle on all Aspects of football and sounds great explaining it

Probs

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I thought he sounded pretty good. Knowledgeable but not as boisterous as Rex. Obviously more energetic than Todd was. Tried to answer all the questions without painting himself into a corner. I liked what I heard. We’ll see how it translates on the field

7. 101GangGreen101

I can't stand press conferences to be honest. It's good to get a feel for how Gase operates, but once TC is over, I will probably stop listening to press conferences.

Kudos to you for putting up with the dark Rex days in 2012 especially. Urgh. Tebow, even worse.

Sam Hammer, FJF and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The dark days of Rex were awful. Rex looked defeated and had no answers for anything. "But I think Mark gives us the best chance to win. That's how I feel."

101GangGreen101 and CotcheryFan like this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Young coach, young team. He's younger than Brady. Should be good! Hopefully he can 'connect' with some of our younger stars (Robby, Adams...et al)

10. 101GangGreen101

I saw highlights of one where he was trying reenact a beat writer vs talking to coach or some crap. Horrible.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I liked that he pulled his hat down real low so we couldn't see his bug eyes.

That was thoughtful.

12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm willing to give Gase a chance here.

I'm not, however, willing to get excited about any head coach because of the way he handles a press conference-- and certainly not one who was recently fired by the damn Dolphins.

Ralebird likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Who knows what the future holds, so many variables. But he sure knows the x&o of football, and he is passionate and smart about his comments. A breath of fresh air around NY land.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Ev’rybody's talking ‘bout
    Uniforms, unicorns, back up QBs, Robert Kraft
    This-ism, that-ism, ism-ism, ism-ism
    All we are saying, is give Gase a chance……
    All we are saying, is give Gase a chance……

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This conversation is at least 60k levels above Bowles

I came away feeling 3 things: It sounds good It sounds good and it sounds good

Now we need the Ws

SOJAZ, Burnz, LAJet and 1 other person like this.
  16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mr mittens likes this.
  17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the honesty he seems to express. Seems like kind of an earnest guy. Like when he’s explaining how he decides which college players to watch film of, and he says that basically the front office dictates it and he watched tape on every player that Miami drafted in his tenure except one. To me that’s kind of an oddly honest tidbit to spell out. I won’t say it’s bad or good, but I like a look behind the curtain as much as anyone so I do kind of appreciate it.

18. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Gase is an intelligent football man unlike Bowles. He has the energy and passion and understanding of the game. He's just more in tune with todays game. With him I'm confident he'll have the team ready to play, he'll design imaginative gameplans, and he won't put up with the bullshit Bowles did. Doesn't mean he'll take us to the promised land, but I do think we've gotten a legit upgrade. An average at worst coach right now who can grow into a good coach

I didn't have the best feeling when Bowles was hired, but even I couldn't predict how bad he was. He was just a low energy guy mentally incapable of the job.

That Bowles "sometimes you're late, it happens" bullshit was such a horrible omen. Even if he said it already well into his tenure here. It just showed how he didn't have an understanding of how to lead men.

19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

This was the 2013 Giants post game conference after Sanchez was hurt in that preseason game ......reports took Rex to task and he didn’t like it ....LOL

Sam Hammer and twown like this.
  20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles really fucking sucked.

NYJetsO12, Sam Hammer and Acad23 like this.