Does this happen to other Jets fan outside NY area?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stagman, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I’m stationed in Colorado Springs, CO “Bronco’s Country”. But on a military installation, there are a lot of your usual NFL fans, Steelers, Cowboys etc. Ever since we traded for Leveon Bell, when I hit the gym and I happen to wear my JETS gear, I get a F-ing Steelers fan come and approach me like a scorned lover. And tell me “I hope you enjoy Bell, you better have a good O-line to Block for him” and shit like that. They end up giving me the same analysis that Jets fans on this board have discussed over an over. They are all somewhat polite not confrontational, they say I hope he works out for you, though they are full of shit. I guarantee you that they are hoping he breaks his leg on day one. I can’t be rude, since most of them are older and retired, and in all honestly that is going to be me in 15 years, randomly approach someone and start talking to him about whatever. It sucks to be a Jets fan in this area, the rare times I run into a Jets fan at a sports bar, and I feel like Robinson Crusoe when he met Friday. It is such a f-inf rarity.

nycarl and Brook! like this.
  2. Green Lantern 80

You should try living in New England and being a JETS fan.

Flyboy, Rockinz, Jets69 and 5 others like this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Same all over but let's be honest, if Bell signed elsewhere, Jets fans would be wishing him a career ending injury too.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

yeah that would suck. I had three supervisors that were patriots fans. My last two were back to back. Good people still annoying at times.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I live on the Western Slope, also in Colorado, so I know what you mean about the Broncomania, so when I wear any Jets gear I fully expect to hear crap. Just like if I put a political bumper sticker on my truck. These are acts of voicing my opinion, but I have to accept that not everyone shares it, or will refrain from challenging it - sometimes very aggressively, which is why I don't advertise my political beliefs. While sports fans can get heated, they don;t usually resort to violence, whereas politics can have that effect.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is: be prepared to back up your support for your team if you're going to wave their flag in "enemy territory". Honestly though, the Jets have been considered such losers and no real threat to the Broncos, that usually Bronco fans show sympathy more than anything else. Hang in there.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I get a variety of different things all the time from many different people. Mostly because I live in Ohio (Baker Mayfield nut riders ) and also I travel a lot for a living (Leaving NYC now actually).

So it's a very mixed bag for me, it almost always gets awkward really fast because I almost always get asked why I'm a Jets fan, if I'm from NY (I'm not). Its awkward because I'm not from NY/NJ and when I was a kid, I picked my team based on my favorite color. Green. Then I joke about out of all the teams that rock green, I had to pick the fucking NYJ. LOL

I wouldn't have it any other way though. It's a perfect love hate relationship after all. Ha

I swear to God, all these Ohio fucktards and their infatuation with Mayfield is almost making me hate him as much as I hate Brady.

Yes that's an over exaggeration, as a Jets fan, Brady is king when it comes to our hate, but, still... ha

KurtTheJetsFan and mrmajix like this.
  7. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

The problem is 3/4 of today’s Patriots fans don’t know who Tony Eason or Andre Tippett is. Bunch of front running bandwagon jumping assholes

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I live in DC and people here are pretty cool about my Jets fandom. No rivalry between the teams, and they can't make fun of us considering Snyder is an even bigger tool than the Johnsons.

JetsNation06, Acad23, nycarl and 3 others like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

In the 1970s when I was in school the Steelers were like NE ..perrennial winners in SB or playoffs

Since then, I've always hated that team

When the Pitt losers start with you over losing Brown and Bell, just tell them they have our Condolences ahahah

10. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Anthony Barr says hi.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

Or Steve Grogan.

12. TonyFtLaud

I hope that SOB Barr breaks his leg !!!

13. Rollo Tomassi

I never root for injury.

But I do hope he gets the worst case of Herpes Simplex 10 in history.

Blisters the size of strawberries on his dong.

KurtTheJetsFan and MoWilkBeast like this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I've had the opposite lately. People have been supportive of the Jets signing Bell and Mosley. I guess they feel bad for me that the Jets have been a joke for so long! :D And the couple Steelers fans I encountered actually like Bell and felt bad they lost him. They liked him more than Brown, which surprised me.

Yeah, same here. Redskins fans don't care about Jets fans, as they have no room to talk. Ravens fans don't really care about Jets fans either, because they don't even consider us an actual opponent or challenge. Hopefully that changes this year.

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hey, you can understand. If anyone has had it worse than Jets fans, it's Browns fans. Heck, their team abandoned them and moved to another city. They went without a team for a few years, and now they have a great young QB and a great team. I'm happy for them.

16. TonyFtLaud

Your just cruel... Lol

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The Turtle

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

[​IMG]

Took this picture in Wisconsin.

Some people don’t give a fuck.

You shouldn’t either.