New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I seen this post after my previous replies however when calling something ghetto or gangster(words associated with people of color in a negative light) then yes you can be or are acting like a (you know what) Idk what you feel is acceptable on here or not but that stuff is not. Like I said you don’t have to like the color black but associating the color black with the words ghetto and gangster is not something I’m gonna sit here and just watch. Period. Have the same energy for Rollo who just verbally attacked me. Or is that allowed on here? Because I’m pretty sure it isn’t.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Did you call the color black ghetto and gangster?

Because you clearly keep omitting that. You offended people with those choice of words period.

You have to take responsibility for your words.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

And I can't wait to see how much it shits after all the drama.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't hate the design, but I hate the coloring. It's too dark and dull. It combines a modern look with totally unimaginative and boring coloring, which imo, totally undermines or clashes with the modern look.
    Not you too with the green pants hatred! LOL

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^Green pants must die and stay dead.

NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

I could definitely live with these.

GreenfiendNYJ and b.reyes16 like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

I love that logo. I think it should be the logo.

K'OB likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Sorry but I think that is hideous. It's mostly black, and black is NOT one of our colors. Black trim I could live with, but not a major infusion of black. It isn't one of our colors, and it's so passé to switch or change uniform colors to black to try to look tougher or more "badass" as another poster said.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

No I did not.

So go fuck yourself asshole.

Stop looking for racism where it isn't.

The only ones getting offended are weak ass triggered millennials fantasizing about racism everywhere, even when it's not there.

What is it with you fucking children--someone disagrees with your opinion and they're racist or Hitler.

Seriously, take responsibility for YOUR words and then go fuck yourself.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It seems to me that the terms "ghetto" and "gangsta" have been co-opted so long ago by the trend industry that most people don't associate them with black people, unless a black person uses them to describe themselves. But I'm no expert on trends or culture. But to call out someone as a racist for using these terms, without any other evidence of racism is wrong, and could even be construed as racist in its own right.

Speaking for myself, I'll try to refrain from using these terms lightly, but what non-racial terms would you use to describe the kind of behaviors and attitudes associated with those words? Or are you saying that thuggish, in your face, behavior just has to be accepted and not commented upon?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

I "attacked you" because you called me a fucking racist without any foundation.

You can't even understand what I was talking about--I love the color black, 60% of my wardrobe is black, some of my favorite sports teams are black and I never said the color black in and of itself is was ghetto or gangsta.

You weren't alive in the late 1990s so you have no context for what I was referring to.

Seriously, shut the fuck up already with this racist bullshit.

12. Rollo Tomassi

Thank you.

Geezuz christ.

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

So now you’re a liar. You said what you said. Period. But continue to show who you are.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Nike isn’t designing a black uniform and telling the Jets “Yeah this will look really ghetto and gangster”

Again you don’t have to like a black uniform, it’s not everyone’s favorite color and we’ve traditionally been a green and white team. But there’s nothing ghetto or gangster about a black uniform.

What’s so wrong with him just saying “I don’t want a black uniform because it goes away from our tradition and it doesn’t fit us”

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I was born in the 90s but I don’t know what you’re trying to prove with that. Also You keep cussing like that’s supposed to make me stop, trust your energy wouldn’t be like this if we were face to face to keep it cordial. You clearly said it early on in this thread that’s why we had the first argument. Also you saying you have black in your wardrobe is the equivalent of saying “I have friends who are black” idc at all. You called it ghetto and gangster and I let you know how that made me feel and how it represents the type of person you are.

The last thing I’ll say is if that wasn’t your attention then let it be known but you offended someone with your choice of words and you should be held accountable. Deleting posts and making it seem like you never said it is childish.

16. Rollo Tomassi

You keep calling me a racist and I’ll keep telling you to shut the fuck up you piece of shit.

I never said that.

And I have NEVER deleted a post, so again, go fuck yourself.

17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

lol. You guys are a riot.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Ever since the Raiders - who wore black and silver - adopted the image of "bad asses", and make no mistake, that was a conscious marketing decision, and encouraged their players to play dirty, black took on that image. Many teams adopted it to make themselves look tough and mean. My old high school - who BTW had green and white as their colors - went to wearing black and green football jerseys because the coach they hired thought it would make them tougher. Maybe it did - a few years afterwards they won the NY State title and contended for many years after. I was against that decision then, and still am. I think it's cheezy and amateurish.

But the "ghetto" and "gansta" association came over the years as numerous gangs and wannabes adopted Raiders merchandise, and/or black to show how "badass" they were. That's not my opinion, that's fact. It's a shame when something neutral or innocuous by itself gets adopted for a negative purpose, but it happens.Wear the color red in Crips territory, or the color blue in Bloods and see what happens. That said, does everyone who wears these colors belong to one of these gangs? Of course not! But there ARE people and groups who DO wear these colors to indicate their support of these gangs. I'm not saying that if the Jets adopt black as a uniform color they're supporting these negative stereotypes, but what are they trying to say? Because their primary, historical colors have always been green and white - no black - so what message ARE they trying to send? If it's simply a fashion choice, with no ulterior message, why choose black?

I don't know if that answered your question, but let me reiterate that there's no cause for you to toss the term "racist" so loosely when you have no other proof that those using it are racist.

As to the color choice, I really don't want black because as I've stated many times I think it's derivative and over used. If we had to have something like black, I would be okay with grey, even gunmetal grey, or silver.

19. Rollo Tomassi

Btw, as long as we're making broad generalizations about complete strangers, you being born in the 90s you can't be more than 27-28 so you come from the group of weak-minded coddled young adults offended by everything, you need a safe space because words you don't even understand hurt your feelings.

And I mentioned my wardrobe because we were talking about clothing and fashion and I actually like black clothing--if I wanted to use the old "I have black friends therefore I can't be racist" what I COULD have said is my sister is married to a black man, my nephew is black, another sister is married to a Cuban and that nephew is Cuban and HE married a black woman so my OTHER nephew is black/Cuban and my brother is married to a filipino woman and my 4 nieces and nephews are half filipino.

But I didn't because it doesn't mean anything about being racist or not.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  20. Rollo Tomassi

Again, this was exactly my point but someone sees someone use the word ghetto and immediately they claim racism.

He does not get that or refuses to understand it.