Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You can tell the age gaps in this thread! :)

and of course:

ending with...

jetophile, The Dark Knight and CBG like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I remember those as if it was yesterday

Cman68 likes this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Man I remember that was family Friday night TV--Chiller Theatre and Creature Features.

CBG and Cman68 like this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

No, no, 'Chiller' was in here early on. It must be the massive amounts of mercury you eat from all those fish you catch and eat. ; )

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Rollo Tomassi

Lol Attack fo the 50 Foot Woman.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. Cman68

Even with her being 50ft tall in a mini dress, I still couldn't see if she was going commando or not... :)

CBG likes this.
  7. Cman68

That's why I have so much trouble going thru metal detectors!!

CBG likes this.
  8. Cman68

A smart Network exec wanting to dominate Friday night TV would be wise to bring back either these originals or even new iterations. "Midnight Texas" and "Grimm" just didn't get it done as they were too thin on scripts and ideas. I could see TNT bringing these back or even TCM.

9. Rollo Tomassi

We stuck with Midnight Texas way too long. Some of the worst acting ever.

But some hot chicks.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman or anyone else if you have never seen " Humanoids from the Deep " you really missed out on a classic as it is about Horny Monsters that look like seaweed = priceless and classic BUT YOU MUST SEE the unedited version . Cman you will like it it has boats in it LOL =

11. Cman68

This movie is indeed a classic. I must have it in my collection!

CBG likes this.
  12. jetophile

I'll never understand why there isn't a horror channel (I mentioned that several pages back). They got rid of Chiller TV near me, which wasn't all that great, anyway, but it was better than nothing (not to be confused with Chiller Theater). Seriously, a horror movie channel with all the old classics, fairly new stuff, the schlocky sci-fi, great sci-fi, crappy sci-fi, schlocky horror, terrible made for TV movies, how do executives not think there isn't an audience for this?!

Also mentioned pages back that the Sci-Fi- Channel (now ScyFy) used to be fairly decent back in the day. Now it just sucks. They used to do a great Halloween line up, have great sci-fi weekends, a week with a 'theme', now it's just essentially garbage. Half the time the movies they show aren't even remotely sci-fi.

Haha, 'Attack of the 50 Foot Woman', I brought that up peripherally in the General Film Talk thread. "HARRY!!!" That movie is such a fckn hoot. We used to crack up as kids (I was born in '64 but this movie and their ilk were ALWAYS on, especially on Saturdays). For the uninitiated, an unstable heiress named Nancy has a no good philandering husband (Harry) who wants to keep her in the loony bin and steal her money. She's a drinker, and one night she's driving in the CA dessert and encounters a space ship and an alien who attacks her.

She goes home and tells Harry, who doesn't believe her. She convinces Harry to go back the site with her and if nothing is there she'll agree to go back to the asylum. So they go back there and the ship and the alien are there and Harry takes a couple of limp-wristed pot shots at it with a pistol. Harry turns tail and leaves. Nancy is later found on the roof of the pool house delirious and hysterical. A doctor sedates her, and thinks that Nancy was exposed to . . . drumroll . . . radiation. Harry decides to inject Nancy with an overdose, but when he goes into her room all we see is this huge papier-mache/rubber hand with red fingernail polish. She is now a giant that is 50 ft tall.

Nancy is chained up until the Doctor and a nurse decide what to do, but Nancy is pissed. She wants to see Harry, who she knows is having an affair with the town whore. "I wanna see Harry!" Nancy breaks her chains, goes on a jealous rampage, and starts destroying shit, trying to find Harry and his side ho. She finds them and kills the side ho with a support beam and grabs Harry, who looks like a puppet (hahaha). The cops shoot at her to no avail but then they shoot at a power line and she gets electrocuted. The End.

EDIT: Ooops, not the CA dessert, the CA DESERT. CA dessert, hahaha. Typo, but I'm leavin' it.

#231 jetophile, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Jets_Grinch and Cman68 like this.
  13. Cman68

Did you ever wonder what would happen if the 50ft Woman hooked up with the 50Ft Man? When I was a kid, I used to ask myself weird assed questions like that...:)

14. Cman68

Did you ever wonder what would happen if the 50ft Woman hooked up with the 50Ft Man? When I was a kid, I used to ask myself weird assed questions like that...:)

15. Cman68

16. jetophile

The Amazing Colossal Man and The 50 Foot Woman! Forget about Jack and Diane! Glenn and Nancy for the win!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Jets_Grinch and Cman68 like this.
  17. Cman68

Girl, you are amazing! Big props!!!

18. jetophile

Know thy schlock!

19. jetophile

Yeah, one of those horror movies where they take every opportunity to show titties, hahaha. The 'witch' movies from that late 60s through the mid 70s are notorious for that.

I AM ALL OVER THIS!!! If this anywhere near as good as 'Get Out', hoooo boy. Advance word is that it's stellar. Can't wait!!!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

off-topic just for a moment...

[​IMG]

the full monty (only runs 1:18 min.):

carry on....

21. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am excited for Us. Can't wait til next week. I still don't fully know what it is about yet and I don't want to.