17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Summed up perfectly.

Ever been inside the suite area? I was once. My buddy won a contest for Giants tickets and brought me. It's hard to believe its the same stadium. It's a facility hidden within another facility. Elevators aplenty. I had Jets season tickets for most of my adult life. It was an expense I paid each year without much thought, even as the costs increased through the years. The PSL MetLife situation made me seriously evaluate the experience after paying more money for seriously worse seats. (Thank god I couldn't afford the PSL on six seats and opted to "go upstairs".) After one of the first games at MetLife, I witnessed what I thought might be serious injuries from a scary crush of humanity due to overloaded escalator concourses. I actually thought there could be a death. It was that bad. (Now you know why they only operate one escalator, rather than both, to exit after the game.) About a week after that I read that the designers won an architectural award for the MetLife Stadium design. I about puked in my mouth. Then, they hosted a Super Bowl. What a circle j*rk of phoniness.

Now when I go to games I buy a friends extra, or buy game by game. I only had to sit all the way upstairs for half of one game this year. Stay out of the upper deck and it's a different experience.

#19681 LogeSection2RowJ, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    jetophile and CBG like this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well said by both gordon and loge, ill always remember the jets last home game in the old stadium there was a guy first row upper deck with a banner that laid it all out pretty well that the jets had literally fucked him out of coming to jets games.

greed is exactly what it was. and stupidity.

i saw a tweet last night about what the mets ticket people are sending to fans who arent renewing, it reminded me so much of the jets bs tactics and lack of awareness. literally shaming the fan to get him to buy tickets.

[​IMG]

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Haha, I saw that tweet too. If you scrolled down to read the responses to it, one of replies said “I expect to see my Jets rep in my driveway each time I come home” Or something similar to that.

jetophile and alleycat9 like this.
  4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Such an easy response, "Thanks for your concern but I'll still be going to games through secondary market and picking my seat location and specific games for cheaper and worry free"

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha thats hilarious. sad but hilarious.

CBG likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

At this moment I cannot even find the words to express how Happy I am that I gave up my season tickets and NEVER bought a PSL -->Adam Gase ? Yeah good luck with that = please NY Jet ticket Reps and any other assclown working for the Johnsons PLEASE CALL ME UP and ask me " if I am interested in New York Jet Tickets " ---> I double dog dare you !!!!

sec314 and alleycat9 like this.
  7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I love the signing but it doesn't change my STH status. He's everything i wanted in a coach. Experience as a head coach, QB and offensive guy, young, brash and animated. As far as who was available, based on my wants, it was him or MCCarthy. Being younger and from the AFC east makes him the perfect choice. I don't want to hear about Miami, nobody knows what went down and who to blame. All I know is he never had a QB like he does in Sam. Only time will tell, and you all we be loving him if we win, and if he doesn't then you can continue the hate. You have no choice but to accept it and hope for the best. The fact that Christopher did not make the popular choice and truly searched under every rock, gives me hope. If Woody was leading this search he would have hired Mccarthy in 5 minutes because most Jet fans wanted him. I am happy as hell!!!

Brook! likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am glad you feel that way against Gase sec314. I was extremely disappointed when he was announced but now I accepted the fact and I am hoping he can be a great coach with the Jets. Reading these things from seasoned fans like you encourages me towards the new season.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

F Woody!!!!

10. GordonGecko

Chris isn't any better

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

F The Johnson brothers

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Good job Mac getting Bell. F Woody

13. GordonGecko

Yeah good job on Bell. Too bad they already fucked up the whole coaching staff. They already ruined this thing before it even started

F Woody!

14. Brook!

I am about to do something dumb and become a season ticket holder. I know what you guys will say but I am dumb like that. :)

15. GordonGecko

Hey it's your money do whatever you want but just be straight and ask yourself why you want the season tickets. So let's start there, why do you want to buy season tickets?

Keep in mind they will slap you with 2 worthless preseason games, and even with a super bowl winning team tickets will be cheaper on the secondary market. Even in the back to back AFC years tickets were under face. No matter how well the Jets do tickets will not be hard to get

Brook! and CBG like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think one of the other Moderators needs to Ban Brook as what he just posted is LUDICROUS ,,,,,,,Brook have you not learned anything in the 985 pages written here ? Cherry Pick my friend thats the way to go and its SOOOOO MUCH cheaper.

Brook! likes this.
  17. Brook!

I know GG. Financially it doesn’t make sense at all in a normal season. But this season it makes sense for me. There are 5 games I will attend 100%. Patriots, Steelers, Giants, Cowboys and Browns. I will also attend preseason games. I will probably go to one of the Raiders or Dolphins game amd give away just 2 tickets to a friend. I will see how it goes before I renew my tickets next year. :)

Bad news. @Royal Tee is our other moderator and he is also Season Ticket Holder. Bad news for you. Lol

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Not really = its bad news for YOU guys lol Why pay full price for preseason when if you want to go you can buy them for a fraction of the price on the secondary market ? If there are PSLs involved well you know how I feel about those,,,,enjoy the games

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF you guys choose to get season tix or to go to games ----be loud and enjoy !

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Your wrong about our new coach and the excellent coaching staff he has built. With them and all the new players brought in the next 5-7 years will be the era we have been waiting for. And i will continue to pick and choose what games to go to and pay premium for playoff games and still save $ compared to having season tickets. And once we win on a consistent basis tbe talk of met life will stop because winning cures everything. Relax and get ready for a NY Jet dynasty.