Probability of a Raiders Jets Draft: POLL

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Feb 24, 2019.

?

What are the chances of this trade scenario?

1. I could definitely see this happening

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. No freaking way

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  3. Yes, but with less in return (explain)

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Scenario
    Jets give:
    1st round, #3
    3rd round, #93

Raiders give:
    1st round, #4
    1st round, #27
    3rd round, #66

Let's lay out what we know.

- Gruden is more than willing to cut ties with high investment players, for reasons of scheme, character, and cost. This has been proven beyond doubt.

- Derek Carr is likely an expendable asset with 4 years remaining of his deal making and average of $25mil/year.

- The Raiders have a ton of draft stock going into the 2019 draft. With 3 picks in the 1st round alone. This will allow for them to be fluid and make moves that other teams can not.

- Grunden wants "his guys" and he inherited Carr.

My assumption is that Gruden has been signaling that he wants his own people in the building and he wants to structure the team his own way. I am of the belief that he would rather start the process sooner rather than later and if he can get a rookie QB on a rookie deal instead of a guy that costs $25mil/year that has been trending down, I believe he will do so.

2. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I can’t see him moving two firsts to go up one spot let alone trade down in the third round. Could be wrong here and I’d be thrilled if this trade went down but I think it has about a 0% chance of happening.

CotcheryFan, KurtTheJetsFan and FJF like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Why would they do this. Why wouldn’t they call sf or ari if they are worried about getting ahead of us?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I'd do it in a heart beat, but is Gruden really willing to do that? I guess the deal doesn't seem too bad. Basically a late first and moving up slightly in the 3rd round to swap spots.

The only way I see that happening if he is absolutely sold on a QB, and somebody else is trying to trade ahead of them. Otherwise it doesn't make sense because they know the Jets aren't going QB there.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

It's not about moving ahead of us, it's about who we could potentially trade the spot to instead.

I think Ari and SF are going to stay put.

The flexibility that we have now that we finally have a quarterback puts us in a great position at 3 because we can either stay put and get a solid player but we are not incumbent in doing so.

#5 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I can’t see the Raiders making that trade . If they’re looking for a QB they know the Jets aren’t taking one . If they were looking to thwart another teams attempt to move to # 3 by trading into that spot themselves I would think the Jets would be able to get another pick out them say a second rounder ....

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah. What’s the point value here?

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You realize both the teams above us can say the same thing. In fact San Francisco is already paying their qb so they could really be helped having more picks/cheap labor.

9. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This thread is ass.

10. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Raiders aren't trading Derek Carr, and I can't believe anyone believed Gruden talking up this Qb class. One question if J Gruden was really interesting in one of these Qb's , why would he ever mention his interest in a Qb. ( would keep his interest low key)

Jmo He's hoping some team trades up in front of him for a Qb, and a better player drops to his pick.

The Raiders are more likely to trade back( get even more picks) than to trade up.
    Let's see here carr stats last year http://www.nfl.com/player/derekcarr/2543499/careerstats
    That with just one offense lineman that was healthy( R Hudson) and starting two rookie tackles . Not to mention most of his offense weapon gutted. That was his first year in J Gruden system, and his numbers will only get better in year two in that system.

#10 Ohnoit'sGeno, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don't see the Raiders trading up at all. I do see them trading down in a heart beat. I also believe that Arizona might, and I emphasize might, pick a QB with the pick or more likely trade down some for a QB. I don't think the trading power for the third pick is all that powerful for the Jets, but you might get a Jacksonville or other QB starved team to do so. Jets need to stay the course, if the trade value is there by all means trade down, if not pick the best defensive stud at three and help Williams re energize this defense. Free agency will tell a lot as to which way the teams are positioning themselves for the draft. Quite frankly, if we don't exit free agency with some OL help and offensive weapons, we are screwed on arrival. JMHO.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am confused. When would this trade happen? After Bosa and Allen go 1-2? Trade up to #3 live during the draft? I guess it is possible in a complete panic move by the Raiders, but besides that, not realistic. If someone else trades up for say, Haskins, or Murray, then Bosa or Allen or both drop to the Jets at #3. Just don't see a scenario where this deal goes down.